Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any rugby, basketball players or athletes here?

Options
  • 19-10-2005 9:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Im trying to get in contact with someone in the sports dept. who could help with a particular weightlifting problem im having. i picked up the sport ucd booklet recently and spotted both Lisa Regan and John Barrie's names.
    Unfortunately they are impossible to get hold of and i was wondering if any of you know of them or could help in some way thanks. Apparently the basketball and rugby teams train under these 2 regularly.
    my prob is olympic lifting related.
    Thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Lisa Regan is (afaik) the head of the high performance clinic. One way to get in touch with her would be to simply go down there and ask if she's around. You probably know the centre already but go down to the end of the corridor where the mens changing rooms are, turn left and then it's at the end of that corridor.

Only certain sports teams and people on sports scholarships can use the high performance place- got snuck in myself once:D by a mate. I'll see if i can get a number or email off him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

yeah she is but i think she's in canada for a while. i asked a woman at the reception beside the sports shop in the gym and she said that to me
    ok im new to ucd so i dont exactly know where you're on about. on the bottom floor of the gym is it? walk out towards the exit at the hockey pitches and go down the corridor to your left?? What are its opening hours? Im not usually in belfield during the day
    any help you could give me would be great...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

joc_06 wrote:
    on the bottom floor of the gym is it? walk out towards the exit at the hockey pitches and go down the corridor to your left?? What are its opening hours? Im not usually in belfield during the day
    any help you could give me would be great...

yeah you've got the right place

Don't know about the opening hours though it should be open late enough as teams regularly have sessions in there. I'm not on any of the teams myself but will ask my mate about everything. I'm sure she (Lisa Regan) will help out a fellow olympic lifter anyway;)

excellent much appreciated. if you could get me in contact with either thatd be great.
    i have both email and phone no but no reply...
    thanks

excellent much appreciated. if you could get me in contact with either thatd be great.
    i have both email and phone no but no reply...
    thanks

• Advertisement

I came in the door from the hockey pitch and went down that corridor and there was nothing down there but changing rooms and a physio clinic at the bottom of the hall.
    Are you sure its on the grounf floor? I spotted another room on the middle floor beside the 3 squash courts and there were athletes in there. Couldnt see in tho.
    Is that it?

Advertisement