Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the story with smart

Options
  • 19-10-2005 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭

Ok, this is the second time I have posted this but ...
    (oh yeah I know I am back from the dead too but ...)

Its not magic, its just smart,

If its so flipping Smart why have I been waiting months for my connection huh?
    I am starting to get pretty annoyed, I don't particularily need BB at home,
    I just thought it would be sorted by now. For the same money I could have
    had imagine whihc would have suited me fine. I was holding out for smart
    out of sense of customer loyality (ha ha ha) and because its a better deal for
    the same money.

So whats the story ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,395 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

big article in sunday times about eircom and smart, eircom have refused to accomodate smart because of their credit rating , and that they need a deposit from smart of 4.9m euro claiming defaulted payements. smart on the other hand claim eircoms billing system was at fault and eircom were abusing there monoply.
    to cut a long story short smart have a 47m euro civil action against eircom and eircom have said if smart dont pay the deposit they will terminate smarts access to eircoms network.
    i guess it could be a while before your line is installed

looks to me as usual eircom defending its monopoly at all costs, smart caught between a rock and a hard place as all newish companies have cash flow issues and a bad credit rating who knows what the courts will decide

cant find online link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 jack_christie

article is here:
    Eircom claims financial fears led to row with Smart

It will probably be unavailable next week, behind a login.

JC

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

big article in sunday times about eircom and smart, eircom have refused to accomodate smart because of their credit rating , and that they need a deposit from smart of 4.9m euro
    Got that far thinking that eircom had the credit rating problem :D
    Seriously getting cash up front and sticking it to a competitor and delaying them too. It's inspired. Dog, Manger etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Just saw a small note in the Independent business section (where else but Eircons media mouthpiece!) that Smart have agreed to pay a €2.5m security bond and an outstanding bill of €2m.

This prevents Eircon from cutting Smart off now but the €47m sought by Smart is still in action. Best of luck to them.

I wonder how many other of Eircons competitors actually have to pay them to compete with them (the security bond)?

Advertisement