Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using laptop wirelessly at home.

• 19-10-2005 10:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

What is the best router ( most effective and decent value) set up to use at home so that I can use my laptop from any room in the house. I have a UTV bb connection if that makes any difference.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Squiggle wrote:
    What is the best router ( most effective and decent value) set up to use at home so that I can use my laptop from any room in the house. I have a UTV bb connection if that makes any difference.

I find the linksys wag54gs (http://www1.linksys.com/international/product.asp?coid=18&ipid=813) very good - its about 120 euros in Argos but it reaches places in the house that other routers wont. To be honest it is very hard to predict how any router will behave coverage wise in advance of actually trying it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

I got the cheaper version of the linsys at just under a 100 euros in argos and two belkin(they have a driver for win64) adapters for 30 euros each
    easy enough to set up with bt and xp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

I got a NetGear WPN824P RangeMax MIMO Router, when used with NetGear rangemax cards for your laptop you can get a connection speed of 108Mbps plus it always adapts to interference so someone using a 2.4GHz cordless phone, microwave or any thing that causes interference will not weaken the signal. You can get them in PC world for (I think) 100Eur

Advertisement