Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac Azureus NAT errors

• 19-10-2005 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

I'm getting NAT errors since I installed the new Azureus. I'm new to all this, but have tried adding various ports to my AirPort wireless router (which connects my G4 PowerBook running Tiger to my Irish Broadband POE box) and also to my System Prefs/Sharing/Firewall list, and using them in Azureus, but this still results in NAT errors for each one.

I'm a bit hazy, for a start, on how exactly to do this ports business. Do I list them under Public *and* Private? Under TCP *and* ... is it UD/P? something like that?

Can anyone give a blow-by-blow (or preferably screen-by-screen) description of how to set up an AirPort and Azureus to work together, by any chance?

(If you do, you'll have a million links, given the many hits from a Google search for instructions how to do this.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

I have Azureus on a Windows XP machine, and I've been getting NAT errors for the last few days too.

I've tried everything, but just cant seem to fix the NAT error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

it uses both UDP and TCP, so you need to enable them both.
    I managed to get rid of the last couple of error messages the other day by doing that.

I don't have an airport though, so I can't give a step by step - I can explain how my set up works if that's any good? (IOL BB, SMC barricade wireless switch, ibook & mini clients)

Advertisement