Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Otto German Parts anyone familair with them?

Options
  • 19-10-2005 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone here use Otto parts for thier BMW-Mecedes etc? I'm looking for a used brake caliper.

Mike.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I have bought a few bits off them in the past and they were always helpful.
    However, I sometimes found their prices weren't always as competitive as GSF or ECP (in Belfast).
    ECP certainly do reconditioned calipers (I think you may need to give them the old one also). www.eurocarparts.com

They once had a website but apparently removed it as it took the about 3/4 hour to add a new product(!?!) so there is no way to get prices other than phone or call in.

Have you tried breakers for a caliper or even get your own one reconditioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I used to find OTTO very good when I had MkII's, (I distinctly remember buying a carburettor manifold mount for £16 inc VAT-Belgard Motors wanted £80+VAT for the same, tossers) but I found them more expensive than GSF for suspension parts on my 98 Passat. Suppose it depends where you live too-GSF are handier for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

kbannon wrote:
    I have bought a few bits off them in the past and they were always helpful.
    However, I sometimes found their prices weren't always as competitive as GSF or ECP (in Belfast).
    ECP certainly do reconditioned calipers (I think you may need to give them the old one also). www.eurocarparts.com

They once had a website but apparently removed it as it took the about 3/4 hour to add a new product(!?!) so there is no way to get prices other than phone or call in.

Have you tried breakers for a caliper or even get your own one reconditioned?

I checked ECP and the cost/bother of going the reconditioning route is a pain, I know a breakers yard with a 190e down in Tullow so I'll proberly give them a call and see if i can collect on Friday.

Mike.

Advertisement