Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finishing off a kitchen

Options
  • 19-10-2005 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

Myself and my mate who has fit some kitchens before fit a small kitchen into my utility room. We will have a full kitchen when the extension is built and appearance in the utility is not paramount but we want to touch up all the raggedy bits anyway.

The doors are Naxos from Panelling Centre (like this http://www.in-house.ie/product_details.asp?pro_id=157&cat=1&subcat=1) and the panels are Roma (cream but not glossy and way cheaper so will do for utility room). My mate had never used the corpel that is used as both cornice and pelmut with their high gloss kitchens, and combined with the fact that my chopsaw blade is not the best, means the corner joints are not perfect (a mm or two gap here and there) – they’re not majorly bad but it would be nice to tidy it up. I’ve tried a bit of painters caulk in one joint but the white on cream does standout – is there any cream painter’s caulk available or a similar filling product? Would the panelling centre have a filler for this particular colour?

I also want to get cream screw caps as they will blend in better than white – any ideas on where to get these?

I cut the black worktop nice and tight but unfortunately a small bit at the corner chipped off – what would be the best black filler for covering this?

We built a housing from the panels for the washer and drying machines and have a shelf at the top for the microwave. As an afterthought I’d like to put a door on this that opens upwards not left or right – are there hinges that allow this?

Go raibh maith agaibh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

I also want to get cream screw caps as they will blend in better than white – any ideas on where to get these?

Use cream stickers, they should have them in the pannelling centre they're away more discrete than actual screw caps
    I cut the black worktop nice and tight but unfortunately a small bit at the corner chipped off – what would be the best black filler for covering this?
    What alot of people use for covering this is a black marker
    Not the best thing but if unless you're shown the marks most people won't see them
    We built a housing from the panels for the washer and drying machines and have a shelf at the top for the microwave. As an afterthought I’d like to put a door on this that opens upwards not left or right – are there hinges that allow this?
    There is a hinge for this alright Can't think of the name off my head but try
    http://www.hafele.ie/
    They should have them somewhere

Advertisement