Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning on PM Read Receipts

Options
  • 19-10-2005 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭

Is there any way of making the "Request a read receipt for this message" checkbox ticked by default, either on a per user or sitewide basis.

It's a bit annoying not having the read receipts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Any chance of completely disabling read receipts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

WizZard wrote:
    Is there any way of making the "Request a read receipt for this message" checkbox ticked by default, either on a per user or sitewide basis.

It's a bit annoying not having the read receipts.
    ..what he said. Pretty please with cherries on top.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

seamus wrote:
    Any chance of completely disabling read receipts?
    They're very handy on the FS board. You can see who's reading your PM's but not replying. I've had a couple of sales like that where people let me down and I could see that the PM's were read but not replied to.

WizZard wrote:
    They're very handy on the FS board. You can see who's reading your PM's but not replying. I've had a couple of sales like that where people let me down and I could see that the PM's were read but not replied to.
    I tend refuse read receipts unless the PM is just a chat.

I've never gotten the option to refuse the receipt here, on other boards yes, but not on boards.ie

• Advertisement

Above post shows that the Show Signature checkbox not being ticked bug is still around :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

WizZard wrote:
    I've never gotten the option to refuse the receipt here, on other boards yes, but not on boards.ie
    Young seamus there has that option due to his goldie stars. Actually he has to specifically tell it to give a read receipt, assuming his screen is the same as mine which means I usually don't think of it.

Actually, I haven't seen it under the new vB3.5, but for as long as I can remember in vB3.0, even before the Goldie stars, I was prompted "User has requested a read receipt, do you want to send?" before closing the PM.

As for using read receipts, it used to prompt when you hit send "Do you want to request a read receipt?", whereas now I see that has changed to a checkbox. Great.

Advertisement