Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WRT54GP2 problem

• 19-10-2005 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

Hi

We've been experiencing issues with this router lately. Well, we have this router since 2 weeks ago from Blue Face. It normally happens while making long session phone calls. Somehow the router acting like it crashes or stalls. We power recycle the router to get the connection back to normal. Could it be something to do with my internet connection? I am on NTL.

Anyone who had similar experience? I got a new firmware from Aaron but before upgrading, no harm if I'm asking around... :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Anemone

That's happened to me twice in the last month, since updating to newer firmware I got from Aaron. Not often enough to annoy me, to be honest, considering the router is in constant use. I can't recall for sure if it happened before I got the new firmware, but I think it might have happened once. Neither call was a particularly long one.

I am also on a cable modem system (but not NTL).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

New Firmware? I have been having this problem for a about 2 months now and I contacted Linksys who say there is no updated firmware. Is this a mod?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

mart_max wrote:
    Hi

We've been experiencing issues with this router lately. Well, we have this router since 2 weeks ago from Blue Face. It normally happens while making long session phone calls. Somehow the router acting like it crashes or stalls. We power recycle the router to get the connection back to normal. Could it be something to do with my internet connection? I am on NTL.

Anyone who had similar experience? I got a new firmware from Aaron but before upgrading, no harm if I'm asking around... :D

As far as i know you can put openwrt on them have you used a linux firmware on it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

somehow the router works normal these days. therefore, i'm not touching it, not even going near it. so i'm sticking with watever state as it comes in from Aaron! :D. the new firmware? i'll put it away safe, in case i need it... anyway thanks guys for your response...

Advertisement