Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

manic street preachers

• 17-09-2001 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭

can anyone please explain to me what has happened to this once brilliant band. i've loved them since i first heard stay beautiful many moons ago. i've had know your enemy since the day it came out but with the release of let robison sing i now feel the need to vent my anger. from a band that once gave us design for life, faster, yes motorcycle emptyness, motown junk, sleepflower etc to releasing this insulting ****. the band always seemed relevant and important to me and always had something to say now they've been reduced to poxy political love songs and cack beach boysesque ****e.
    they always had a sense of there own mortality ever since promising to split up after releasing generation terrorist {although it was meant to sell 10 million copies first} but now they seen like they will just keep releasing the same old **** for as long as possible.
    P.S. dont attribute all this to richey going, everything must go and even this is my truth... had some moments of glory and nicky never gets the credit from the first two albums he deserves.
    FROM the only way to gain acceptance is by exploiting the very thing that cheapens me TO so why ohh so why so sad.
    FROM T SHIRTS QUOTING camus, satre, orwell etc TO i love hoovering

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

i can see what you're saying,though i'm only a recent manics fan....but what exactly are asking:
    what has happened to the band.the answer is that like all bands,they mature,change grow up etc...
    the band you liked included richie:as you very well know he was a key input in the lyrics,along with nicky.
    but since he left they are a *slightly?* different band,so you cant expect the same from them.

what caused this sudden outburst?
    did you listen to all the albums chronologically,and heard what you perceived as a decline in their j!ve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Seanie

I too have been a fan for many years.
    Basically, I think my last friend is correct - bands change, mature and grow and unfortunately for you, The Manics have evolved in a way that just doesn't 'do it for you'. KYE is a great album - if a little less angry than previous offerings - and Let Robeson Sing is a very worthy and fine tune, deserving of more credit than it has been allocated.

I know where you're coming from though and have been disappointed by many bands who gave so much and came back with utter dross...my reccomendation is to listen to the stuff you love and don't get freaked out about it ....At least you know that when they play live, all your faves will be in there...

S

PS - They're releasing their Cuban concert soon on vidge and HMV are giving out badges with the new single at the moment if that's of any joy to anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭Worztron

Their 1992 Generation Terrorists album is incredible, especially the awesome song Motorcycle Emptiness.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Advertisement