Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Add Community

• 17-09-2001 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Add Community

Board Name: Raw Talent

Description: Forum for comedy writers

Private Y/N: N

vamosp@rte.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

but i think a general talent forum would be better. not just for comedy writers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Aidan Lynch

Good Idea - sounds like it'd be good for a laugh!

P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Sounds like a good plan to me. And boy oh boy do we need the raw talent! Yes I say, go for it! By the way, I know this great comedian called Paul Clarke. Does a gig somewhere in town on a Wednesday night at 9pm. Keeps me laughing for two solid hours....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Sounds like a good idea to me!

... if nothing else, it'd be somewhere I can re-submit my "Princess Breasts in the Kingdom of Confusion Part I" story for a proper re-write (in a proper medieval comedic stylee this time!)

I heartily support this ../etc. etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Yeah, it would be great - a general talent board would be good too though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

A comedy community sounds like a great idea.
    There must be toms of raw talent out there looking for a forum to develop in.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Um what if we called this "Comedy and Creative Writing board".

Would you be happy with that?

Other then that my only reversation with this (otherwise good) suggestion is traffic, who will populate this board and where will they find out about boards.ie from?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Peter Vamos

Funny you should mention that: I could link it from

www.rte.ie/rawtalent

I've got a database of writers all working throughout the country in isolation and this is an opportunity to attempt to bring people together. RTE themselves won't host a discussion board for legal and financial reasons despite how important it is. I work for RTE but I'm more interested in actually doing something for these people rather than following protocol. I'm sure I can also involve people on the Screen Training Ireland database and create links to Filmbase as well.

Does that answer your question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Sounds good.

I've added a Raw Talent board, with the description DeV suggested.

John.
    --

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Peter Vamos

Thank you. I hope it goes well.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Me too, welcome to boards.ie

(Cloud, really, I mean, do you sleep? Every time I find something I can do, you've beaten me to it! Meanie!)

DeV.

Advertisement