Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor MMS

• 19-10-2005 2:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭

Im having a problem with sendint recieving MMS from my nokia 6230 with my meteor sim card. I normally use a vodefone sime & can send & recieve mms no problem. With the meteor one in no joy. Ive downloaded the settings from the meteor website & had customer support send me them too so I definitely had the right settings.

I tried ringing their helpdesk several times but they are useless. Between getting cut off every every call at various points of explaining the situation, & them not actually having a solution. The only thing they have suggested to me is to put my sim into another phone to see if that works, but thats not a solution readily available to me. MMS phones arent THAT common. Plus a lot of peoples phones are network locked so you cant just throw in a meteor sim.

If anyone has any suggestions as to remedying the problem It'd be much appreciated.

EDIT/ Just to add that it has verion 5.24 firmware on the phone incase thats relevant, Is that the latest version?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Have you actually activated the settings for Meteor?
    What comes up when you try and send an MMS?
    How old is your sim card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Yep the settings have been activated. As far as my phone is concerned it sends, it just doesnt recieve (at my number or other numbers.)

As for how old the sim card is, Id be pushed to remember. At a guess 2 or 3 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Happened to me when i first got my 3220. Posted here and everyone else said there s worked fine. Its meteor MMS take forever to deliver the ****ing things if at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Go into a Meteor store. They'll have to sort you out there. Maybe there's something wrong with your sim? I dunno.
    This always seems to happen to people....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

The_Goose wrote:
    Happened to me when i first got my 3220. Posted here and everyone else said there s worked fine. Its meteor MMS take forever to deliver the ****ing things if at all.

It couldnt just be delayed delivery, Ive been trying to get it sorted for a few weeks now, Ill go into a meteor store & ask, thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement