Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Date for the Biggie Beers

Options
  • 19-10-2005 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭

Right well, since our self-appopinted "Chief Co-ordinator" hasnt made much of a start, I have appointed myself "Assistant to the Chief Co-ordinator"......ya know, the one that actually does stuff while the big-wigs take all the credit.

Anyhoo.....date for the beers. We need to give plenty of notice for the big one, a couple of weeks at least. But we should still definitely do on-campus beers too.

Personally I would suggest either the 4th/5th of November (the week before the Main boards beers) or the 18th/19th or November (the week after the main boards beers)

So how about a poll and all other suggestions for dates?

***i can hear zane groaning already :P ***

MMMMMMmmmmmMMMMmmm Beeeeeer 12 votes

Friday 4th of November
    0%
    Saturday 5th of November
    33%
    ferdighostchantMr.Nice Guycraiglen 4 votes
    Friday 18th of November
    25%
    Red AlertarbeitsscheuerJonny Arson 3 votes
    Saturday 19th of November
    16%
    passiveWaltons 2 votes
    Some other date.......
    25%
    Chinafootbonelesshumbert 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Friday 18th of November
    ***i can hear zane groaning already :P ***

*tut*

C'mon you know that I've got that thing planned for the 4th, the Franz Ferdinand gig on the 18th and the 19th is loike so so so far away. *tut* There should have only been one option and that's the 5th! (not a shamless plug! :rolleyes: ) You're a rubbish self-appointed "Assistant to the Chief Co-ordinator" to that even more rubbish self-appointed "Chief Co-ordinator"! Booo! *tut*

Any mini-alcohol boozefest on campus next week? Will I leave it to our fantastic self-appointed "Chief Co-ordinator" to organise?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Saturday 5th of November
    I propose a little pool tournament prior to the drink. How 'bout it?

Friday 18th of November
    I propose a little pool tournament prior to the drink. How 'bout it?

I may be well up for that MNG. I'll give you the title of ''Chief Co-ordinator of the pool tournament prior to alcohol consumption who will inevitably not show up for it.'' :rolleyes: :D

Saturday 5th of November
    I may be well up for that MNG. I'll give you the title of ''Chief Co-ordinator of the pool tournament prior to alcohol consumption who will inevitably not show up for it.'' :rolleyes: :D

I'd show up as I did before one time but like before, if no one's there, I ain't hanging around on my own!:eek: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Some other date.......
    I voted for 19th but would be just as happy on the 18th... or any day, come to think...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

The man likes his beers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Some other date.......
    Well mr zane, vote for the 5th and then try and convince others to do the same :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Was this not locked a while ago?
    Was wondering why that was.
    I'm too sleepy for all this malarky!
    Inform me when a decision has been made or i'll forget (again)!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Some other date.......
    really like the idea of a little pool tournament, oh and drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

all those dates are ages away. While i like the idea of going out on a big night out, i'd really prefer a more regular thing. Something to help unwind ya know.

That pool thing would be deadly and i heartily endorse that product and/or service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭PiZaRR-0

Why not some time next week? Its not even an option on the poll! Have it soon before work starts gettin in the way a lot.

Some other date.......
    the regular meet-ups on campus are always on the go.

the reason for the dates being so far away is to give people notice so there can be a better turn out. An i was taking into account the main boards beers

this is just a suggestion for a big night out. its not saying it can be the *only* night out.
    the last one in the porterhouse had a good turn out cos we had plenty of notice.

**shrug**

you'd swear you lot were goingt o die if you didnt get drunk as soon as possible.

forget i said anythin

you'd swear you lot were goingt o die if you didnt get drunk as soon as possible.
    who says we aint? :)
    forget i said anythin
    No no sorry. I didn't mean to sound so negative. I appreciate that your trying to organise a big night out. Please dont give it up cos of us who whine too much :)

Some other date.......
    looks to me like an average bi-weekly type of boards beers around the middle of next week would be cool and quench peoples thirst for life saving beer, then the main beers in the more distant future.It'd be nice to have it soon but I have to concede that the less notice the less people and the 4th and 5th are the same week as halloween which is a reasonably big going out night anyway.so the 19th might be good and the sat might be better cuz people have to work on fri evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Well done peachypants for taking over from seb!Trust us girls to do all the hard slog while the guys get all the credit.Ah well at least seb the bum is being true to his name :) Boo to having the beers next week cos i have an exam on the friday-down with that sort of thing.I propose thursday the third of november-its a thursday which will kinda suit everyone speciallly the culchies a bit more and it will give people lots of notice too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

yay go culchies... thursday or any weekday is mucho better coz we have to go back to our mammys and get back to workin on the farm, wearin wellies, shaggin sheep and <insert culchie stereotype>.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Having it on a weekend would probably bring the numbers down a little bit due to people from the country not going, like me! Any Thursday would suit me quite well, come to think of it any weekday would suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Friday 18th of November
    panda100 wrote:
    Well done peachypants for taking over from seb!Trust us girls to do all the hard slog while the guys get all the credit.
    F**k off, unlike some f**kers on this forum I've been working my ass off to write and hand in some essays. Jesus christ, am I the only one with his priorities sorted out? I'm in my FINAL YEAR people!

Sake.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm working too! Just about finished the DSA practical that's due on Monday.
    Go me :)

Friday 18th of November
    bump

• Advertisement

Friday 18th of November
    Double bump :D

Ok since alot of people here like the thought of a campus alcoholfest on a Thursday why not have one this Thursday so we can train hard for the main beers. Anyone like to endorse my proposition? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

Double bump :D

Ok since alot of people here like the thought of a campus alcoholfest on a Thursday why not have one this Thursday so we can train hard for the main beers. Anyone like to endorse my proposition? :confused:

LOL some things never change do they Zane????:D Go idea though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Double endorsed from over here!

I will jump on that band wagon and join yas for a few ncie cold beverages.

Some other date.......
    no complaints here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭PiZaRR-0

This thursday sounds good!

Some other date.......
    SebtheBum wrote:
    F**k off, unlike some f**kers on this forum I've been working my ass off to write and hand in some essays. Jesus christ, am I the only one with his priorities sorted out? I'm in my FINAL YEAR people!

Sake.:rolleyes:

and what are you implying!!!! :p

yea yea, that charlemagne essay that was due last thursday still isnt handed in! but it will be god damn it!

Anyhoo, i could drop in on thursday but drinking may not be an option as im off on holidays on saturday so have to keep some cash for that.

As for the far off beers, i guess we need to decide if its gonna be a weekend of a weeknight. I dont mind either way tbh. We should really get the week sorted first. and i guess we need to factor in Halloween and Main Boards Beers. the week starting monday the 14th could be a good one? (ie: Thursday the 17th)

Suggestions?

**edit: if people want to do the email thingy they can send their addresses to ucd.boards.beers@gmail.com **

Friday 18th of November
    LOL some things never change do they Zane????:D Go idea though...

Ah they never do siward just in the same way you're addicted to your tennis racket!
    Anyhoo, i could drop in on thursday but drinking may not be an option as im off on holidays on saturday so have to keep some cash for that.

Ah that's a lame excuse! I think I owe you a pint anyway from that Porterhouse one 3 years ago so there's one to get you started! Then Zane will constantly but you pints, get you pissed, steal your holiday money which will cover yours and my drinks, I will stilll make a net profit and I will run away.... mwhaaaaaa!

Em Thursday afternoon then? Someone suggest a time?

Will anyone actually show up? Will Mr. Nice Guy finally show his face? Will Seb have a haircut? So many questions to be asked!

Saturday 5th of November
    You guys are going drinking this Thursday? What about my idea of a game of pool beforehand?:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

But What About The Star Trek Convention Guyss????

:(:(:(:(:o:(:o :eek: :mad: :confused::o :eek:

Live Long And Prosper (with Ladeizzz) Lolol!ol!o!l!olroflor

Advertisement