Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Skyline GT-R

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭t5pwr

Wow :eek: Serious lookin' machine and 400 horses would be nice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

beacuse if you remeber a while back there was a topic on how crap , ugly and tamed the new skyline was. those people were mistaken the new skyline (which is a saloon/coupe) identical to the infinity G35 . they thought that was the replacement for the new GTR . so i guess they dropped the skyline name because they didnt want to associate this new GTR with the tamer Skyline , they are now infact two different cars.

similar would be mitsubishi dropping the name lancer for the EVO9. comprende?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

exactly, they dropped the name skyline as that is now a standard line saloon model. Going forward the GT-R is a purpose built coupe, we all know its a skyline but just wont bear its name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Id still prefare an R34GTR lookswise tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

it looks amazing but the price is going to be ridiculous. i read that in US its going to be around $150,000.just imagine the irish price including taxes:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

large.jpg
    large.jpg

Hmm, I kind of like it.

Reminds me a little of this (now deceased) beast:

2003_mg_xpower_sv_04_m.jpg
    xpower2.jpg

Shame I'll never be able to afford it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

nah, that rover oups sorry mg was way over the top and too in your face. the subtle yet agressive styling of the gt-r is just class..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

fantastic looking car, lets hope the production model is not watered down.

i dont like the front grill though, would prefer it to be flatter, more boxy or something like the r34.
    http://www.aoshima-bk.co.jp/hobby1/mokei04/nismo/S%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%20No.81/R34%20GT-R.jpg

aside from that though, its perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The front end looks very 350z... Still prefer the R33/34 ones :/

Advertisement