Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go to NUIG!

Options
  • 19-10-2005 4:38pm

man the place has got everything plus very safe!the lecturers are very good(well they are in science)the nightlife is the best ive here as well!ive gone out on a thursday night in dublin and limerick this term and none of them was as good as galway!weve classy nightclubs(radisson cps and cuba) and for the underage and people who wanna have more lenient bouncers!there is boo radleys and gpo.the people are friendly!you can walk down shop street and not get shouldered by a scumbag!cuirt na coiribe is a great place to stay as well!it very uppercrust!:D also the science arts and law people are sound and well the less said about the engineers the better(we dont know them theyre so timid!!oh the clubs are brill especially the kayak club where it is nearly a requirement to be drunk to get into the kayak!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I've been to Galway 3 times since July and I absolutely love it, it's my joint favourite place in Ireland already (along with Dingle). The place is just so nice, absolutely no scumbags, all the streets & architecture are amazing, and the nightlife there is unbelievable. Pity about the weather though!

However, I went to the radisson and thought it was a bit of a scumhole tbh, and CP's was one of the only places I've ever been refused from. Cuba is supposed to be great. I prefer the bars though, the Róisín Dubh is my favourite pub down there, and along the street with Barnacles hostel, all of the pubs there are jus great craic.

I plan on spending plenty of weekends down there in the future, especially when the motorway opens, it'll only take around 2 hours to get to Galway from Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

im from dingle...

im guessing you went to radisson on the weekend!its really only an option on a thursday night though.oh god i was locked last night but i made it out last night with eight shot glasses;)oy yeah kids!dont drink!it very bad!

"im from dingle..."

My granddads from Ventry. I spent pretty two weeks there every summer until a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

yeah,i might know ya then lol :D did you live here until you went to college or what?

• Advertisement

galway open day is on 1st december

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Haedes1987

Im from Galway so it's good to hear such good reviews of the place! Have to admit myself the nightlife here is unreal. This place is just the right size if you ask me, not too big not too small!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭geraghd

man the place has got everything plus very safe!the lecturers are very good(well they are in science)the nightlife is the best ive here as well!ive gone out on a thursday night in dublin and limerick this term and none of them was as good as galway!weve classy nightclubs(radisson cps and cuba) and for the underage and people who wanna have more lenient bouncers!there is boo radleys and gpo.the people are friendly!you can walk down shop street and not get shouldered by a scumbag!cuirt na coiribe is a great place to stay as well!it very uppercrust!:D also the science arts and law people are sound and well the less said about the engineers the better(we dont know them theyre so timid!!oh the clubs are brill especially the kayak club where it is nearly a requirement to be drunk to get into the kayak!

Cuba is classy??:confused:
    Cuirt isnt that great in fairness, just looks nice.
    Dont mind this guy, go to Trinity! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

I was in Galway last week (Thursday) staying with a friend who is in GMIT. Didnt go out, but went over to Dun na Corribe where aload of my other friends were.. Everyone is sound out up there, at 5am we were walking into house parties (or small get togethers.. as the rooms arent that big, security is very strict), drank, and moved on..

Great fun, but UL is the place for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

exiot wrote:
    ........ but UL is the place for me.
    Me too:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Haedes1987

geraghd wrote:
    Cuba is classy??:confused:
    Cuirt isnt that great in fairness, just looks nice.
    Dont mind this guy, go to Trinity! :D

Feck off and go play cricket

Is UL good? I'm thinking of putting it down in my CAO. My brother was there for his first year and absolutely loved it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 rose**

galways class......apart from the rain. and their is rain!!!

but def come to galway really lovin it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Funkstard wrote:
    Is UL good? I'm thinking of putting it down in my CAO. My brother was there for his first year and absolutely loved it
    A teacher who is doing supervision was talking to us, sound out teacher. She has been to 4 universites throughout her education completing masters in different things and she told us that UL was her favourite, its alot more modern than any of the other uni's. Another told us that NUIG is really laid back, some departments are great, others are uafásach but her social life was at an extreme. Im sure thats at any other uni though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Moira

the rad on a thurs night is the place to be!! i dont know myself cos never have to spend a penny out since most places are free if your early so a few bevys from aldi's finest at home does the trick! dont know what your talkin bout the engineers being too timid, im one and personally i disagree! i agree though that cuirt na coiribe is the business, security is a bit strict especially that guy with the tash but its good to have someone around to let you into your room after gettin locked out in your pyjamas cos some fool rings around random apartments in the middle of the night!!!
    overall nuig is class, i was asked did i wasnt to transfer down home to cork and never, not in a month of sundays!

moira!aare you in cuirt!what your apartment number?im no3

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

moira!aare you in cuirt!what your apartment number?im no3
    Notes how close by you are to my estate. Puts on stalking gloves.
    With all the mist, tis good raping weather.

so youre going to find me?;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I hvve a picture of you and an adress which is five-ten mins from here
    but no, no i'm not...Well...may....be... ;)

my hunky ukrainian security guard will stop you!:D

• Advertisement

I'll pay somebody to slip him the hand :D
    Btw everybody come to NUIG, i promise, I'll bite :)

especially the girls!we need more of ye to brighten place up!especially when hot thangs like me and tar!hes straight and he still wants to rape me!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 lipstick

cuirt na coiribe is a great place to stay as well!
    I don't know how you can think this and if you live in 3 then we are in the same block! It's alright but it's not the luxury they claimed it to be, I fell for the sales pitch. You can hear everything from everywhere, it's freezing constantly, we never have hot water anymore-since the clocks went back, the floor can never be clean, it's just an endless list of things about the place that drive me mad really, definitely won't be staying there next year!!!
    By all means come to NUIG, it's a really great college (I transfered from UCD coz I hated it) and a Galway's a brilliant city-just don't live in cuirt is my advice!

Don't live in student accom, get a house like we did... then you know what you are getting too.
    I love my house.

you werent at the party in 71 on thursday?jesus isnt that bad?are you in 4bedroom apartment!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Haedes1987 wrote:
    Feck off and go play cricket
    I think you'll find croquet is the sport of the day. A haw. A-haw-haw. Ah-haw-haw-haw.

is your college sport not bare knuckle fighting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 lipstick

you werent at the party in 71 on thursday?jesus isnt that bad?are you in 4bedroom apartment!

No wasn't there, was 'studying', don't really know anyone living in cuirt other than those i live with. It's fine I just won't be living there next year is all-a house is the way too go I think-they have real keys not ones that need to be updated constantly& leave you locked out and easily turned off fire-alarms one would assume! Yeah in a four bedroomed apartment-freezer is a joke! You live on ground floor so can you not hear everything above you too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

is your college sport not bare knuckle fighting?
    Well boxing is the largest sports club on campus afaik. However I'm fairly sure they wear wraps and gloves. Bare knuckle boxing hurts the hands so bad

• Advertisement

no its grand!we didnt wake ye up on thursday night cause we had a slagging match and set off the noisemeter!sorry if we did!my roommate has the worst bedroom!hes hears everybody opening the door into block1he says he wakes up loads!cuirt isnt the friendliest student accomodation!i dont know any of my neighbours1just the girls i know from the kayak club!

is the pav the student bar in trinity?

Advertisement