Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go to NUIG!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

and set off the noisemeter!
    lmao, I heard about them last year, another reason i could never live there.
    cuirt isnt the friendliest student accomodation!i dont know any of my neighbours1just the girls i know from the kayak club!
    Hmm, that's odd, well it happened in a lot of blocks in corrib too I suppose...
    not ours though, knew everybody and made some great friends. Moved in with a person from next door then this year.
    Ah that was a fun year, corrib was great, apart from the awful awful accom. It mattered not though as it was all about the people. :)

yeah ill prob get house next year!i hate the 10min walk in the morning especially in the cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 lipstick

no i was awake for all hours anyway didn't hear any noise thing go off only some girl at about three o'clock coming in the main gate screaming 'it's snowing!'-always hear people coming in main gate. is no.3 the one beside door to block one? girls i live with used to always watch their tv when going for a smoke until started closing blinds :)
    Yeah it doesn't seem to be friendliest of places really after hearing all about corrib anyway (was in UCD for 1st year so missed that experience). I have seen corrib though and is an absolute dive (though from what I've heard an absolute must for first years really!) so cuirt is a palace by comparison really! Just find some parts of it irritating-but I'm sure there is irritating things about everywhere-so reckon it will be a house next year so long as can find decent (somewhat cleaner) people to live with! :)

i hate the 10min walk

Omigod I think only having 10 min walk is brilliant-i'll be better obviously when the steps are finished but it's way better than spending an hour/hour & half every morning on the poxy buses that had to get to UCD. eugh the thought of it! of course now there's a bus that goes from down the road that only takes 25 mins isn't that just typical! but i hated UCD anyway NUIG is definitely the way to go imo :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

17 minute walk for me, it's grand.
    was only 5mins from corrib.

• Advertisement

well I made it in 7 mins one day last week walking at a very fast pace but I nearly had a heart attack when I got in!and nearly tumbled down the slope too but that's what I get for leaving apartment late only ten mins before lecture starts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

is the pav the student bar in trinity?
    That it be.. Well one of them. The better one. The other is just drab and doesn't have the atmosphere of the pav. Should pop up anyone (over 18) in dublin. Go to the bar and order 4 bavaria, for 7.50. That's the cheapest booze you'll get from a pub in dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭geraghd

lipstick wrote:
    I don't know how you can think this and if you live in 3 then we are in the same block! It's alright but it's not the luxury they claimed it to be, I fell for the sales pitch. You can hear everything from everywhere, it's freezing constantly, we never have hot water anymore-since the clocks went back, the floor can never be clean, it's just an endless list of things about the place that drive me mad really, definitely won't be staying there next year!!!
    By all means come to NUIG, it's a really great college (I transfered from UCD coz I hated it) and a Galway's a brilliant city-just don't live in cuirt is my advice!

Yeah Cuirt can be a bit sit at times (walls are paper thin, the doors bang and snap very loudly when closed, no carpet and you have to rent a hoover, and the fridge is tiny!) but it seems to be the best out there. Unless you manage to find a nice house you like and dont mind the problems outlines Id go for it. And lipstick, you did set your thermostat for Winter time didnt you?!
    And I wouldnt recommend Galway for one reason: the weather! It is purely the ****iest I have ever seen! So get a car, otherwise go to TCD! Actually go there first!

watching our tv and smoking!if my roommate found out hed go mad!very anti smoking!yeah were on the corner!we had the duffys poster in the window!

cool!heard people talking about!ill have to head some day im in dublin!what best student club on a thursday?

• Advertisement

geraghd wrote:
    Yeah Cuirt can be a bit sit at times (walls are paper thin, the doors bang and snap very loudly when closed, no carpet and you have to rent a hoover, and the fridge is tiny!) but it seems to be the best out there. Unless you manage to find a nice house you like and dont mind the problems outlines Id go for it. And lipstick, you did set your thermostat for Winter time didnt you?!

Yep it's set for winter there's something wrong with it I think one of the girls said she said it too them already but I'm gonna have to go talk to them again coz it's really annoying setting boost and waiting for 2hrs for only 5mins of hot water! Fridge doesn't bother me too much even though it's tiny it's the tiny little freezer that really annoys me! And the paper thin walls even the main walls that you think should be concrete are like cardboard seem to have no insulation whatsoever and our balcony door howls at us when it's windy huge draft from it, but think they're getting maintainance into fix it because whole place is constantly freezing because of it. In fairness to them, if there is problems they seem to make an attempt to fix them quick enough! It's not the worst just think I would rather have a house next year!

we should have a block party in cuirt on the8th december!i love pissing off reception!!(especially fionnuala)

off you go! I won't be there though I'm attempting to get study done at home in Dublin over this week and my week gap between exams because I know I'd be driven demented by two of girls in my apartment if I stayed down there, you can probably hear them screaming at each other all the time-they are mental! So me and the other girl I live with decided to stay home and study for study week and I have a week gap between 6th and 12th with no exams- I'm not actually getting much study done so I may have to re-think being home between 6th and 12th but sure I'll see how first exam goes-oh god the thought of it!

ah!you are not in first year!ive maths exam at 10 tomorrow so im not going to cram till later tonight

Yeah 2nd year transfered from UCD dropped out of 2nd year there so paying to be in Galway so have to do really well! I normally leave it all til night before too-I don't care what anyone says it works for me always been a crammer and hasn't failed me yet! Just this first exams scary missed loads of lectures for it (so all my own fault) and it's a new subject so no past paper's and only got sample questions for one bit of exam!

sounds nasty!im finshed the seventh so it all over for me pretty soon!

I'm jealous would love to be finished that early for christmas!had no christmas exams in UCD was brilliant but at least this way I'll have less exams in the summer I suppose so not all bad! And I think all girls in apartment aren't finished till 15/16th so that's grand really! Are all 1st years in your apt?

yeah we all first although ian(red hair)is 22!he doing denominated arts!were all lads as well!

Dunno prob wouldn't recognise any of u I'm one of the few people I'm sure who don't stare into your apartment when walking passed! Corrib didn't appeal to any of you so-I thought that was a must for first years! I heard they only put lads on ground floor except I think for a few girls who booked late and that was all they had left (but I only know of one that happened to).

why they put us on ground floor?i was offered room in the upstairs seven bedroom apartment but i rejected it coz i thought it would be too many people!it be cool to be allowed use the elevator!

• Advertisement

I dunno sometimes I think I'd like to be up in one of the seven bedroom ones more people to turn to if you get pissed off with others and they are meant to fabulous apts with big fridges and freezers. Then again prob would be too many people and v difficult to keep clean have hard enough time with other three (well really just two of them) trying to get them to clean up after themselves! Got to use lift when moving in that was it but of course you being on ground floor obviously didn't need that!

i was lucky!all my roommates are dead on!although i have to say im a bit laxy daisy when it comes to cleaning!ah well!what can you do?what course are you actually doing?

Me Arts (don't laugh!) English & Celtic Civ. I'm one of the very few dedicated Arts students(maybe only one!?) means alot to me I do well and love English was all I ever wanted to do really. How bout you?

undenominated science!chem physics biology and maths!its actually quite a hard course and i enjoy science!its grand!missed a lecture this morning and im just printing out notes!cant wait till thursday to go to the rad!:D

When I'm here at home I don't care about cleaning to much, it's mad but when I moved in down there became neat freak well not that bad but just like it being clean-it's just coz it looks filthy if too much of a mess builds up around coz it's such a small sapce for 4 people really. Two of the girls aren't the best at cleaning up after themselves so place can get a bit unliveable at times but I saty down most weekends (other 3 go home) so I tend to give it a good clean keep myself occupied-then they come back sunday night and it's filthy again! Ah no it's not but it's amazing how filthy it gets if I go home for a weekend and it doesn't get cleaned! Swear I'm not like Monica!

yeah im sure youre not like monica!;)
    oh yeah!so you liking galway.im so glad i came here!its nice quietish and there isnt too much violence!apart from outside cuba!:D

Omigod I hated science well I loved up til junior cert then did chemistry & hated it. One of the girls is doing science she has so much work to do & pretty much all early starts I dunno how she does it! Ha the radisson was there twice I think it's grand if you get in early enough got crushed in queue for bout half an hour one night though & lost my fave belt (don't ask me how)! Lost my passport there last year too but got that back thank god! thought the place was cursed but last time I was there didn't lose a thing yay!

Yeah loving it here-get so sick of Dublin! Move out of Dublin about every four years or so (parents moved us round alot as kids) so was time to get out and couldn't stand UCD! Yeah not much violence only saw one fight at night I think since I've been herethough one of the girls I live with stupidly tried to break them up (she didn't even know them) and one of the lads threw her to the ground that was a bit mad! Other than that haven't seen anything-always found Cuba grand. Haven't been out in few weeks though-all my money started to run out & essays built up!!!

lipstick wrote:
    lost my fave belt (don't ask me how)!
    im guessing i know how!:D impressionable college girls:) so which your favourite nightclub?at least i dont have to do esays in science!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Take it to PM chaps. We don't want another one of these.

Advertisement