Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola V3 ???

• 19-10-2005 4:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I am thinking of upgrading to the Motorola V3. I was wondering if any of you have this phone or have any thoughts on it.

I reason I am looking at is that it looks good and its nice and light and thin and will fit nicely in my pocket!

I like it in silver buy most of the shops only have it in black!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

It's lovely. I have the silver but want the black. Wanna swap? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Personally, I think it feels cheap.

Go for a 6230i or a k750i in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

You said it.Tenner extra gets the 6230i much better for phone and buisness ;)

I'm gonna go for the k750i - same cost as the 6230i on contract but has that camera ... and I'm fed up of Nokia - well, not so much fed up as I'd like a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

well, I went ahead and bought it. I am an impatient little fecker. When I want something I go and get it!

Its on the charger at the mo, apparently you gotta charge it for 16 hours at first!!! Jaysus!

• Advertisement

You WILL regret it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Gwan, swap your black for my silver ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Chunks

I just got myself the Motorola V3 the other day and i've a few questions I'd like to clear up if you could help me:

1) How many MB's of memory space does it have?
    2) Can this be increased with something like a memory card as seen in Nokias?
    3) Can it record video?
    4) Can you turn off that annoying loud sound when you want to change the volume(you know, the volume button on the side of it)?

5) Any other tips I should know about?

anyone?:confused:

http://www.mobiledia.com/phones/motorola/razr-v3.html

1. 5.5MB
    2. no
    3. yes
    4. not a clue!
    5. sell/dump it and buy a 6230i or a k750i

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

ciaranfo wrote:
    http://www.mobiledia.com/phones/motorola/razr-v3.html

1. 5.5MB
    2. no
    3. yes
    4. not a clue!
    5. sell/dump it and buy a 6230i or a k750i

I don't think you can record video!

My answers were based on the link I gave. Having checked O2 and Vodafone websites they don't seem to mention Video recording - I'm not 100% sure.

As far as my understanding goes you can enable video recording on the phone. Im not too sure how to about it though.

Is there any way to remove the files already on the phone? for example, my SP is vodafone and theres a vodafone video on the phone but its locked. How can I delete it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

I have heard it through the grapevine that vodafone are bringing out the 3G v3x
    go to this link to see more about the phone
    http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000943060384/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

Yeaht that was mentioned ages ago man lol. ^^^^^^^^^^^^yeah dump it or ill give u a fiver for it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭gearbox

no it has video playback but not video recording....

id also go with number 5 get rid off it mate... the only thing its got going for it is that it looks well after that it get's itself into a bit of a grey area, i had one (for 2 days) before and it broke so i got a 6230i from the guy in the shop instead... havnt looked back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭validis_

I haev the silver V3 razr , and you can record video , and playback video,

Video record is disabled in most of the phones , but you can flash the phone and enable it.
    I can record about one and a half mins of video at at time, then the buffer fills.

As a phone Its great , Its not a radio , its not a mp3 player , but it does have a good camera for its size.

Ill be selling mine next week though , thinking of upgrading to a qtek 9100.

Validis, was it a Vodafone phone? how did you flash the hard drive? Im a noob to this, can you tell me how to do it? When you flash the hard drive does it still pick up the network that you were on before flashing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭validis_

http://www.mobiledia.com/forum/topic35106.html

or maybe search google for enable video on a v3 razr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Chunks wrote:
    As far as my understanding goes you can enable video recording on the phone. Im not too sure how to about it though.

Is there any way to remove the files already on the phone? for example, my SP is vodafone and theres a vodafone video on the phone but its locked. How can I delete it?

you can enable video recording by flashing but with 5.5mb storage whats the point?

and the camera is a standard vga (640x480). my 69 euro sagem myv55 has a camera the same quality.

the v3 looks nice. end of good points

[edit]:i supppose the bluetooth is good too

• Advertisement

Wayhey, I got the video recording working!! And I also managed to increase the memory storage to 10MB!

I didn't realise there was such a huge community out there for phone modding!

Is there anything else cool that could be donr to the phone? Like removing that annoying 'bleep' sound when the volume button is pressed?

Have you tried to find out how many Chunks it can be separated into by repeated contact with a wall? :D

Advertisement