Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM06 Price Comparison

Options
  • 19-10-2005 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Okay folks!

Seeing as the game is out Friday (usually can be bought on the Thursday evening though), I thought it might be a good idea to post where you got it and how much you paid for it.

I remember last year getting it €10 cheaper in Virgin than it was in Game (in the Blanchardstown Centre), even though the shops are directly across from each other!

Hopefully it'll help people save a few quid, that money could be important in buying the GF a present to make up for spending all your time with the new purchase. Or perhaps it might be useful when you take "one too many" days off work to be at home with the "beloved".

Oh, and happy gaming!

Wallpaper

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Im gonna head down to the Blanch Centre tomorrow and see what places are selling it. Hopefully I can convince someone to sell it to me and if not try and convince em to sell me Pro Evo 5

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I got it on the Thursday evening last year in Virgin, Blanch. It was out in Game too. I think they just put it on the shelf on the Thursday anyway to save them the effort on the Friday morning.

Might see ya there then :p

I'll be the one legging it through the shopping centre, pushing old ladys out of the way. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Hehe

Cant wait myself. Do you recken that places like Gamestop/Smyths will have it on Thursday/Friday??

I dont want to wait for Play to send it out

• Advertisement

Pacifico wrote:
    Cant wait myself. Do you recken that places like Gamestop/Smyths will have it on Thursday/Friday??

Haven't a clue mate, sorry. I'd imagine HMV/Virgin/Game/PC World would have it on Friday morning and probably even Thursday evening. Not too sure about GameStop or Smyths though tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

SIgames are sending it to me in the post. Did research for it!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

For those prepared to wait for it a bit, here are the prices on some of the main websites:

Amazon UK €46.42 (GBP 31.77) - inc. VAT and P&P
    Play €36.79 (GBP 24.99) - free P&P
    Sendit €36.79 (GBP 24.99) - free P&P
    CD Wow UK €39.74 (GBP 26.99) - free P&P
    CD Wow HK €42.55 (HKD 395) - free P&P
    CD Wow Ire No PC games (?!)

I'll probably just ask my brother to get a copy for me where he works, taking advantage of his 30% staff discount of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

i ordering my copy through play.com, checked and they posted it today so fingers crossed i will get it n friday but if not then monday. Doesnt really matter as im working on saturday and sunday.

Havent played the strawberry copy of the game yet even though i downloaded it 2 weeks ago. I suppose i want to leave it as a surprise and anyways the EL isnt in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Gonna order my FM06 off play.com

I played Fifa'06 and its a poor attempt of PES3 so cant wait for PES5 now aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭irishgeo

zaph wrote:
    For those prepared to wait for it a bit, here are the prices on some of the main websites:

Amazon UK €46.42 (GBP 31.77) - inc. VAT and P&P
    Play €36.79 (GBP 24.99) - free P&P
    Sendit €36.79 (GBP 24.99) - free P&P
    CD Wow UK €39.74 (GBP 26.99) - free P&P
    CD Wow HK €42.55 (HKD 395) - free P&P
    CD Wow Ire No PC games (?!)

I'll probably just ask my brother to get a copy for me where he works, taking advantage of his 30% staff discount of course ;)

CD Wow UK(20% discount Link €31.63 (GBP 21.50) - free P&P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Getting mine from play also, They posted it today so i just hope i have it for the weekend.

irishgeo wrote:

Good call, I forgot about that extra discount

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Whats the main new differences in the game, I read the game feautres on their website and nothing special to be honest. The new player interaction function sounds good but could make the game very messy and too detailed. I might wait for a while for prices to drop or "internet" versions to appear.

Anwyays I'm enjoying 2005 too much to just stop and I doubt there is much player transfers etc etc. Well I'll wait till you all have it the nget some views on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Talisman

I pre-ordered it from play.com at the start of August and I received notification that it was posted on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

irishgeo wrote:

I got it the exact same way, except when I went into World Pay, I changed the currency to euro and got it for €29.60.

For anyone buying in shops:

Game: €54.99
    Virgin: €49.99
    Smyths: €49.99 but €44.99 with their "Loyalty Card" (which is free).

They all had it on the shelves? Damn it!! OH well I'll pick it up tomorrow, or will I buy PES5? Hmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Whats better about FM6 that would make you want to spend 40 quid on it? I have FM5 and Im getting a bit sick of it now, is there anything in FM6 that can re-addict me?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Free legitimate copy for research heading this way too. However I shall be checking it out prior to arrival, as I cannot wait! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

zaph wrote:
    Good call, I forgot about that extra discount

Where do you get this discount?

Slurms wrote:
    They all had it on the shelves? Damn it!! OH well I'll pick it up tomorrow, or will I buy PES5? Hmmmm

Only Smiths had it on the shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I did not get my copy from play.com today. So will have to wait till next week. :mad:

dubmick wrote:
    Where do you get this discount?

There's a thread in bargain alerts which tells you how to avail of the extra discount

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭wba88

i can never use it properly.help me plz

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Ill be warezing it, unles sigames get there finger out and make a MAC playable version

wba88 wrote:
    i can never use it properly.help me plz

Whats the problem exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭wba88

can u give me a link or something tryin to use it with fm06.....thanx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

zaph wrote:
    There's a thread in bargain alerts which tells you how to avail of the extra discount

Cheers, unfortunately it seems to be over now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

wba88 wrote:
    can u give me a link or something tryin to use it with fm06.....thanx

Use what?

is it the CDWOW offer? If so....
    Cheers, unfortunately it seems to be over now.

Advertisement