Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM06 Price Comparison

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

anyone know how much in HMV for it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

€54.99

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

bazH wrote:
    Ill be warezing it, unles sigames get there finger out and make a MAC playable version
    They do have a MAC version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

i got it for £29.99 in Newery in game at the buttercraine centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Is it worth buying though if ya already have FM5??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

€45.99 in gamepad longwalk shopping center dundalk.

Trotter wrote:

yes and no.
    yes the new features
    no its basically the same game

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Trotter wrote:

It all depends on your situation. If you have money to buy it and aren't already engrossed in an FM05 game, go for it. If you are maybe you should wait another while until its a bit cheaper and you aren't still playing FM05 regularly.

agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

play.com messed up my order.

They sent me a game called warriors for the playstation even though the receipt inside the package states FM 2006 clearly. Now have to send it back either for a full refund or FM 2006 itself.Can i wait another week for the game!! Is it worth waiting a week to save yourself 15 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Why not buy it in a shop, and then when your play copy comes in take it to the shop still in its plastic seal and ask for a refund. Seeing as how you haven't opened it they should refund what you payed for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

That better not happen to me. Im on 56k and they release this huge patch. Annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

well im going to post that ****ty game play.com sent me by mistake and ask for a refund. The post box in the mail room in my apartment building isnt big enough for the parcel to go in so i was lucky to regularly check for the game as it was half hanging out of the post box, anyone could have taken it.

Off to HMV in grafton street in the morning to get the game as not waiting another week just to save 15 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Finaly got my copy in the post today. Ordered 2 months ago from play and they posted it last wednesday. Will fire it up maybe tonight.

Still waiting on my copy from play.com, it better arrive tomorrow...or ill be bored for another day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Anyone else still waiting for theirs from Play.com?

Mine was posted last Monday. How long should it take? Have been hearing some horror stories about An Post lately.

I got mine today. It was posted last friday evening. My email said 3-5 days but mine took 6 plus a weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

I wouldn't be in a hurry to get it, it's a bit of a disappointment tbh. Match engine and feeling of the game/tactics isn't right, and it's not vastly different to 2005 (apart from these bad points).

Im not disappointed, not huge differences between them but then I wasn't expecting them to. I'm not sure what you mean by the engine, feeling of the game/tactics not being right

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Dempsey wrote:
    Im not disappointed, not huge differences between them but then I wasn't expecting them to. I'm not sure what you mean by the engine, feeling of the game/tactics not being right

Well, once you play for a while, many people notice ridiculous performances and results for no apparent reason, and players not sticking to the tactics laid out.

There are horror stories of experienced CM/FM players facing relegation with Chelsea! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Dempsey wrote:
    I got mine today. It was posted last friday evening. My email said 3-5 days but mine took 6 plus a weekend

Mine arrived this morning also. So it seems it takes 4 working days after it was posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

To buy or not to buy, that is the question!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭chop^chop

I ordered my copy on 24th october from play, they said it was posted on the 25th, but i'm still waiting for it.its driving me mad because i stopped playing a game on fm2005 and uninstalled it from my laptop because i was getting fm2006.
    Does anyone know How long it normally takes for orders to arrive from play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

CD Wow! Ireland have it for 37.99 euro + free p+p.

Go buy a packet of Skips and your gaurenteed to get at least 2 euro off that or maybe even 5 if yur lucky. wipee!

an post are on strike as of monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Cheers man! I just got a debit card and was all set for going on a spending spree online.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭chop^chop

blu_sonic wrote:
    an post are on strike as of monday
    An Post are not going on strike on monday, there is just a ban on overtime, which means you that the post will just be a bit later than normal

chop^chop wrote:
    An Post are not going on strike on monday, there is just a ban on overtime, which means you that the post will just be a bit later than normal
    An Post strike to proceed ahead of CWU talks

06 November 2005 22:40

Industrial action at An Post is due to go ahead, despite a breakthrough in negotiations aimed at resolving the long-running pay dispute.

Both the Communications Workers' Union and An Post management have accepted a proposal for independent financial costing of management plans to change working practices at the company.

The agreement allows accountants to independently assess the cost of the amendments.

The CWU is to call an emergency meeting tomorrow to consider a suspension of industrial action pending the assessment.

An Post says tomorrow's industrial action will cause serious disruption to services and has advised customers not to send mail until further notice. This applies to all mail for local, national and international distribution.

The dispute centres on pay increases due for the past two years under Sustaining Progress.

The company says it will not pay the increases unless collection and delivery staff agree to changes in work practices aimed at cutting the company's overtime costs.

I wouldn't order online right now myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

Just to let you know - I just got a copy today (Christmas is coming!!) from MX2. It was only €25 - £16.00 including postage and packing!!

Incredible. It is a super site with free P&P for Ireland.

• Advertisement

Linky?

Advertisement