Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCE 2005 - Hauppauge 150 - NTSC - Sky Digital

Options
  • 19-10-2005 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

All

I am in the process of building a MCE 2005 PC - I was recently in the states and purchaed an NTSC version of the Hauupauge 150 MCE card - When running through the TV wizard in MCE it will not let me pass country selection if I choose Ireland or UK - It says the Tuner Hardware is not compatible with the Country Selected , As I will be taking the S-Video feed as far as I know the tuner element will not be used so the PAL v NTSC will not be an Issue , SO my question is if I choose the US during the wizard is there some way of overriding the system to configure it to use Irish Sky - If there is no workaround does anyone know where the cheapest place is to purchase PAL version of the Tuner , Many thanks for any help

Regards
    Declan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

You could try contacting Hauppauge, and see if they'll exchange it for you.

Alternatively, Komplett is selling the dual-tuner pvr500mce for 135 euro (+10 euro postage).
    Link here: http://komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=305161&cks=SER

It's OEM so you get nothing with it except for bubble-wrap. :D

Advertisement