Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

ciarsd wrote:
    won't be much more of a wait b.

my friends 01 is roughly worth €46K, having bought it last year for €50K as a BMW approved used car - so I'd give it another 12-18 months before they are a little bit more reachable - especially with the imminent arrival of the new E90 M3

I would love to take it off his hands! :(
    M3.jpg

Yeah except you'd have every pikey in the country trying to break into your house for the keys :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I saw a Porsche Cayenne S, 04-D reg., in Musgraves in Cork yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 CorporalCarrot

turbo wrote:
    @CorporalCarrot

I was unfortunate enough to end up in a ditch in a two day old M3, when you turn that traction control off things can get nasty, it wasn't a pleasant experience at all

Turbo

You don't happen to be Italian by any chance do you??

Cos I know an italian with exactly the same experience :)

I actually meant to say that earlier. You have to respect these cars. The power is phenomenal and in 2nd gear particularly its easy to get the back end out of whack. Turning off DSC on public roads in one of these is frankly insane because even with it on you will still get surprised, particularly in winter if you are on surfaces that are any way greasy.

In fact, even on track I am still careful about turning it off.

At one of the BMW car club track days a guy put a brand new one into a wall and did 10k worth of damage.

C

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

Turbo

You don't happen to be Italian by any chance do you??

Cos I know an italian with exactly the same experience :)

I actually meant to say that earlier. You have to respect these cars. The power is phenomenal and in 2nd gear particularly its easy to get the back end out of whack. Turning off DSC on public roads in one of these is frankly insane because even with it on you will still get surprised, particularly in winter if you are on surfaces that are any way greasy.

In fact, even on track I am still careful about turning it off.

At one of the BMW car club track days a guy put a brand new one into a wall and did 10k worth of damage.

C

Yes i am , i might be the same guy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dilly1

ciarsd wrote:

my friends 01 is roughly worth €46K, having bought it last year for €50K as a BMW approved used car - so I'd give it another 12-18 months before they are a little bit more reachable - especially with the imminent arrival of the new E90 M3

I was looking at the M3's in a garage in London recently, the 01 in the UK is between 17 and 18k which is roughly 26k Euro, I wonder how much VRT is added after that though ? I doubt it would bring it upto 46k Euro ??

AnyHoo its a beatiful car, I am not really into the BMW's, but I always liked the look of this version of the M3, the new model is a DOG.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Dilly1 wrote:
    I was looking at the M3's in a garage in London recently, the 01 in the UK is between 17 and 18k which is roughly 26k Euro, I wonder how much VRT is added after that though ? I doubt it would bring it upto 46k Euro ??

AnyHoo its a beatiful car, I am not really into the BMW's, but I always liked the look of this version of the M3, the new model is a DOG.
    It would be around the €10k mark for VRT.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

Dilly1 wrote:

check revenue's site for details on VRT
    https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/ShowVRT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Dilly1 wrote:

yup, your always gona pay higher prices in irish garages than the equivalent in the likes of the uk - simply because there is more choice there and certainly more of these types of cars.

VRT on a 01 with average mileage is coming in at around €14K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

ciarsd wrote:

M3.jpg

What's a car like that doing in dublin 12 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,321 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

delly wrote:
    It would be around the €10k mark for VRT.

For an '01 M3 it would be between €13.2k and €13.6k depending on mileage. How did you come up with €10k?

Edit: LOL bug on the VRT website. If you fill in a mileage under 1864 miles for above car, the VRT jumps from €13,622 to €25,157 :rolleyes:

Works for all cars:

DATE: 30 December 2005 TIME: 12:21

STATISTICAL CODE: 40985212
    MAKE: BMW
    MODEL: 735
    VERSION: I E38 04DR A / SALOON / AUTOMATIC / PETROL ONLY /
    MILEAGE: 1863 MILES

The information requested in respect of the vehicle shown is indicated below.
    DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION(MM/YY): OCTOBER 1996
    OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE:
    (applicable on enquiry date) €80603
    RATE OF TAX: 30.0%
    VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX:
    (payable on enquiry date) €24180

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

junkyard wrote:
    But the Porsche is going to live in Spain, no problems on the roads there.:D

I spent a few days in Madrid this summer, there is a huge network of 3-5 lane motorways around the city and there didn't seem to be any traffic!??
    I'm sure I left fingernail imprints and a bad smell in that car (Lexus LS430).:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

unkel wrote:
    For an '01 M3 it would be between €13.2k and €13.6k depending on mileage. How did you come up with €10k?
    DATE: 30 December 2005 TIME: 11:41

STATISTICAL CODE: 40585292
    MODEL: M3
    VERSION: E36 02DR / SPORTS COUPE (NON-CONVERTIBLE) / MANUAL / PETROL ONLY /
    MILEAGE: 50000 MILES

DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION(MM/YY): MARCH 2001
    (applicable on enquiry date) €33296
    (payable on enquiry date) €9988

delly wrote:
    DATE: 30 December 2005 TIME: 11:41

STATISTICAL CODE: 40585292
    MODEL: M3
    VERSION: E36 02DR / SPORTS COUPE (NON-CONVERTIBLE) / MANUAL / PETROL ONLY /
    MILEAGE: 50000 MILES

DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION(MM/YY): MARCH 2001
    (applicable on enquiry date) €33296
    (payable on enquiry date) €9988

theres your problem - you've picked the E36 M3 which is the older model and can be had for a fraction of the price of an E46.
    The first E46 M3 in ireland was 01 onwards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

cgf wrote:

Hiding...:D

Just a car nut I guess...:D

cgf wrote:

it was in a friends driveway during the summer

ciarsd wrote:
    theres your problem - you've picked the E36 M3 which is the older model and can be had for a fraction of the price of an E46.
    The first E46 M3 in ireland was 01 onwards :)
    I'll take ethier ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭paul moore

Heres my Volkswagon Beetle !!!
    Year : 1977 (killdare czw)
    Engine : 1200cc
    Miles : 37,350
    Fully Restored 3 Years Ago
    Thinking of selling her now !!!
    DSCN0042.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

paul moore wrote:
    Heres my Volkswagon Beetle !!
    Year : 1977 (Killdare czw)
    Miles : 37,350
    Fully Restored 3 Years Ago
    Engine : 1200cc

Thinking of selling her now !!!!

Nice what kinda price do these go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

woah Paul, that really is a beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

paul - That looks stunning! Looks like a minter, although the underbody could be held together with cableties.. I'm liking that colour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Here's my new car - 2000 Audi Convertible 2.6 V6 Final Edition. Have only had it three days so far but love it already. I hope we have a good summer this year :rolleyes:

front.jpg
    back.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Very, very, very nice :) Love the colour, it really does suit the car... and a very good find indeed (if you are who I think you are ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭paul moore

Thanks Lads,alot of work there i can tell you,i know every bit that went into that car,She's restored 4 years this coming summer and only 1 little little bubble in the paint work,
    I went for the Alfa paint on her because of the curves in the Beetle,Trust me you want to see this car when the sun shines on her......amazing...!
    Shes had 4 new wings,2 new doors,new seals,window winders etc...the floor was shot blasted and properly sealed up,floor is 100%....all orginal glass,all new carpet inside also....oh & of coarse them Empi Alloys as well finishes her off nicely,
    Anyone got a nice pic. of a classic 911 out there ??

The Beetle is a beauty paul, I've just started to restore a 1967 lhd American spec. Beetle and I hope it turns out half as good as your one. The Audi convertible is nice too el tel, I always ment to get one but something else always seemed to come up instead. I think that model is the nicest looking Audi ever, lovely car and good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

el tel wrote:
    Here's my new car - 2000 Audi Convertible 2.6 V6 Final Edition. Have only had it three days so far but love it already. I hope we have a good summer this year :rolleyes:

front.jpg
    back.jpg
    :eek: that's one ugly car!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

LundiMardi wrote:

No, this is an ugly car :p

300pxfiatpunto55rot0vq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

LundiMardi wrote:
    This from the driver of a 97 Punto.

Lovely car El Tel, although I would say the hard top does it few favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,321 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Was thinking same. The A4 cabrio (current and previous) is one of only a few cabrios that looks good with the soft top up imho

Just as well there is no winter in Ireland. Stick that hard top in the garage / shed and enjoy the open top :D

Looks like a UK import, el tel. How much did you pay for it and how much is VRT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

This from the driver of a 97 Punto.

i'd prefer the punto tbh..

• Advertisement

I think its safe to say your not a car connoisseur LundiMardi.;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement