Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

ugglasdav wrote: »
    i meant boring, in terms of looks, because they are everywere and all have the same things done to them.
    This one is wearing a ditch, an extreme new mod.
    http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab283/eddiee36-328i/A8D05D26-9D40-4350-B37F-84110647DE1F-5037-000007AD07B13640.jpg

I will give you six reasons.

Cylinder 1
    Cylinder 2
    Cylinder 3
    Cylinder 4
    Cylinder 5
    Cylinder 6

6 cylinders... hmm sounds like your 850i is in Limp mode mate?
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Pfft 5 cylinders is enough for any man.

oooooooooor is it...

cm-52369-0513146e9ed0ab.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

Still rocking winter wheels + tyres :)

2013040114133202.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

That's super cool. The wheels threw me, didn't know what it was for a few seconds. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Had a heart palpitations there until I saw winter wheels :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

On the TT what'sthat in front of the rear-viewer mirror?:confused:

Stunning photo, I'd be afraid to take it out after getting it that clean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

That's super cool. The wheels threw me, didn't know what it was for a few seconds. :)
    Had a heart palpitations there until I saw winter wheels :p
    Ilik Urgee wrote: »
    On the TT what'sthat in front of the rear-viewer mirror?:confused:

Stunning photo, I'd be afraid to take it out after getting it that clean

The thing behind the rear view mirror is just something on the garage wall. Photo is just from my Galaxy S3 and the blur was done in GIMP.

Yeah, the winter wheels are an acquired taste but I think they look reasonably good and were not bad at 80 euro a piece from Germany even having a TUV for the TT fitment and because they've been on so long this winter I'm even getting accustomed to the extra rubber look compared to my summer wheels :)

img078303.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

ShadowHearth's MX-5:

V81rVHth.jpg

9gqac4Kh.jpg

Pics aren't great but I was more interested in getting in the car/out of the weather than photographing it :D beautiful thing anyway. Maybe next time I visit the sun will be out!

Full res and a few more : http://imgur.com/a/mTN3Y

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Put a picture of yourself next to it. People wont believe you fir in to it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭FortyMedals

wow that is absolutely stunning conneem-TT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Put a picture of yourself next to it. People wont believe you fir in to it! :D

7Iqt5hV.jpg

thanks to Christian Bale for acting as my body double :pac: (I'm 6'3" / 190cm)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Jesus, at 5"9' I don't think I have any worried about space. Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

CianRyan wrote: »
    Jesus, at 5"9' I don't think I have any worried about space. Haha

They look really tiny from outside, but they got enough space to fit in Dinosours. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

Did a few jobs on the mini, removed the spotlights and fitted a new grille.
    Also gave it a bit of a detail.

CEB294C6-D759-48C6-A4B4-5CCB1839491B-5909-00000A1072AEDD51_zpse97a0854.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Gave the new yolk a clean the other day, new machine to us and loving it, torque is addictive :cool:

157083_509946542379755_1819740729_n.jpg

Sick of waiting for a sunny day to take photos, so here are some Liffey Valley car park in between the rain photos of my 740i:

CBCA862D-7B83-48FC-A787-02F74784B538-16666-000018646C39BAA3_zps53ba4a6d.jpg
    91F08407-0E93-4E26-BB13-8D6CE4D51B45-16666-0000186456445A84_zps8f879891.jpg
    4E3BBE0F-7543-4F7F-9372-06E66667EC8A-16666-00001866A5F9FC76_zps935ba690.jpg
    62773C3D-6CDD-459E-AB4E-B54CA1B79978-11775-0000117436EB9020_zps25e9cd69.jpg
    9ED24C52-B496-4A31-9DD3-8EBE61047E83-16666-0000186465CEAB53_zps2fbc356a.jpg

• 740i - Titan Silver - originally a Murphy and Gunn (ie BMW Dealer) Irish car, which got to be rare as the rest are mostly imports.
    • 4.4L V8 M62TUB44 engiine, rated at 282bhp and 325 ft-lbs torque, though its commonly accepted they are closer to 300bhp at the crank.
    • 5-speed Tiptronic Transmission with Standard, Sport and Manual modes
    • Dropped the front on Alpina Front Suspension (branded Alpina but actually Eibach and Bilstein parts)
    • 19" Borbet wheels - 245 front and 265 rear tyres
    • 20mm front and 25mm rear H&R hub mounted spacers
    • Colour coded lower bumpers and side skirts
    • K&N Oil and Panel Air Filters
    • Smoked Indicators
    • Front and rear lip spoilers
    • HEL Stainless steel brake lines all round
    • Liqui Moly MOS2 and BG44 fuel cleaned, leading to 0.00 % readable CO on NCT
    • Both Transmission and Diff fluids fully flushed, shifts quite well. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

That's one gorgeous car Matt, the alloys are class!

Will the 850CSi see the road at all this year?

Will the 850CSi see the road at all this year?

Its seen the road earlier in the year, though I plan to bring it to the Dyno day on the 27th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Its seen the road earlier in the year, though I plan to bring it to the Dyno day on the 27th.

Which I am really looking forward to seeing and hearing.

• Advertisement

How do you find the factory xenons Matt? Some say they're rubbish, some say they're fine. What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Austmcc

Neilw wrote: »
    Did a few jobs on the mini, removed the spotlights and fitted a new grille.
    Also gave it a bit of a detail.

Looks really good. I really want one and have done for years!

How do you find the factory xenons Matt? Some say they're rubbish, some say they're fine. What do you think?

I think they aim way too low, even after an alignment. I manually adjusted them up a bit, ok now but could do with being higher (dont want to blind people though). Bright but seem almost overly focused.

I really need a big four door saloon in my life.

Pity you look like a drug dealer driving it down around here.

Matt Simis wrote: »
    I think they aim way too low, even after an alignment. I manually adjusted them up a bit, ok now but could do with being higher (dont want to blind people though). Bright but seem almost overly focused.

Seems to be the same with the halogens, the projection of the beam is quite short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I really need a big four door saloon in my life.

Get an Avensis! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Get an Avensis! ;)

an old nissan sunny .... nobody would suspect a thing

Yeah, good job Fonthill Dublin and/or Meath is totally drug free. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Indulged in a private plate..

6MXTwr.jpg

You should buy up all the Irish county names and sell them! If you can do that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Slidey wrote: »
    Indulged in a private plate..

What a sweet garage! Whatever about the nice car, which it is indeed, that garage is something Is love to have....:)

• Advertisement

166man wrote: »
    What a sweet garage! Whatever about the nice car, which it is indeed, that garage is something Is love to have....:)

It's a nice luxury alright, especially when living in a city. Between kayaks, bikes, toolboxes and my housemates golf it's pretty packed!

8i9P7c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Slidey have you seen the GTI similer to yours that says EIRE on the plates?
    I might throw on a custom plate but not sure what to get on it.

How much are they?

Plug wrote: »

Haven't seen it, good few of them floating around. Spotted an R32 Golf this morning.. Very tempted!

LM, they were $500

It would be a great money spinner for the Irish coffers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I think the first move of the year :)

Needs a damned good clean!!!
    Image585.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Looking for someone to wash an Alfa 166? Hmm I know someone just for the job...:D

166man wrote: »
    Looking for someone to wash an Alfa 166? Hmm I know someone just for the job...:D

Well if you're around...!!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

62827_10200208596112195_950914467_n.jpg
    11985_10200208594512155_711612910_n.jpg
    525457_10200208575751686_1204179949_n.jpg
    602131_10200208655113670_330195444_n.jpg

Again, sorry for the dreadful pictures. I have a mate with a good DSLR camera so I'll ask him for some pics during the week. Here it is with the black rims, it will be getting lowered within the next while and will look better. I'll finally be able to drive it from Monday on.
    As for final cost if anyone is interested, the car with aftermarket 19" Wheels, tinted windows and an extended 6 year warranty set me back $43000(€33,800) inc everything. I got $11350 off the price so a big thanks to the lads at work for sorting me out.
    As for insurance that set me back $1590(€1250) bear in mind its a 4 litre turbo, brand new and Im 24, with 3 year years no claims. Two years on a full license and one year on provisional and I got 7 months disqualification for drink driving here(learned from stupid mistake:o). But that works out cheaper than a 99 1.6 Ford Focus is to insure from Quinn, hopefully some insurance crowds might that a look at this and try to justify it!!!:rolleyes:

Anyway, Im a happy camper and driving it through the work shop I felt like a kid on Christmas morning. Very excited just going a bit mad in the head here with the post:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Nice motor Plug! Can't get over how alike the speedo and revo are in that compared to the Mazda6 MPS :eek:

Best of luck with her lad.

Watch out for the flash for cash with that yoke!

• Advertisement

Have you practiced in a slower RWD first or jumped straight into the deep end? ;)

Alfa replaced with this for now :cool:
    Image586.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

did you buy that 5 series in wicklow dgt?

one or two of my mess. i think it looks well now its got it "lowwwwww" back :)
    currently filthy, old and uncomfortable but i love it!

2nlhkt2.jpg

9usw44.jpg

did you buy that 5 series in wicklow dgt?

It was advertised as being in Arklow but it came from exactly here, Inch in Wexford :)

I can still see it, that first glimpse on a wet Saturday afternoon, Sept 2006.... Not even old enough to have a B licence! :o

Do you know the chap that owned it before me? :D

dgt wrote: »
    It was advertised as being in Arklow but it came from exactly here, Inch in Wexford :)

I can still see it, that first glimpse on a wet Saturday afternoon, Sept 2006.... Not even old enough to have a B licence! :o

Do you know the chap that owned it before me? :D

i dont know them, no. it looks like another 5 series i was thinking about from rathdrum in wicklow.

coincidentally the area you linked to there is just down the road from my missus parents house :P

i dont know them, no. it looks like another 5 series i was thinking about from rathdrum in wicklow.

coincidentally the area you linked to there is just down the road from my missus parents house :P

Yer man kept the car there, a friend of his owns that yard, he lived in Coolgreany whereabouts I haven't a clue. Doyle was his 2nd name. Car was costing him too much, so he bought an E46 318i instead. He quite liked that car from what I saw, all the books, full stamps and most of the toolkit present! Since then, I've almost completed the kit :)

He gave me the taxbook with the car :eek: and I when I got home I promptly filled it out and sent it :cool:

dgt wrote: »
    Yer man kept the car there, a friend of his owns that yard, he lived in Coolgreany whereabouts I haven't a clue. Doyle was his 2nd name. Car was costing him too much, so he bought an E46 318i instead. He quite liked that car from what I saw, all the books, full stamps and most of the toolkit present! Since then, I've almost completed the kit :)

He gave me the taxbook with the car :eek: and I when I got home I promptly filled it out and sent it :cool:

yeah, coolgreany would only be a stones throw from there. you're all over my local area right now. you've some memory to remember the exact location, names and all from 7 years ago! you mustn't be much older than me if you couldn't drive in 2006 :pac:

you know me, i have no love for a german yoke, but those 5 series are a gangster shape if you excuse the skanger term, lovely looking things. doubt there was much difference in running costs between a 520i and a 318i would you rekon?

edit : just noticed its a 525 :)

yeah, coolgreany would only be a stones throw from there. you're all over my local area right now. you've some memory to remember the exact location, names and all from 7 years ago! you mustn't be much older than me if you couldn't drive in 2006 :pac:

you know me, i have no love for a german yoke, but those 5 series are a gangster shape if you excuse the skanger term, lovely looking things. doubt there was much difference in running costs between a 520i and a 318i would you rekon?

edit : just noticed its a 525 :)

Been driving since I was 12.... ;)

Bought it when I was 16, cost me €600 :) I remember getting the loan for €1k, cycling home with that money in my pocket up Proudstown hill, lashing rain on me, that's the determination I had to get that car :pac: my memory is both a blessing and my own worst enemy, so much that I won't/can't forget... Alas, lets not darken the topic :)

I was only down that neck of the woods a few weeks ago (Gorey) and might be there this Thursday.... ;)

It's always been an iconic car to me, in my own little world I suppose :) it ticks all the right boxes!

Feck me, 7 years this year.... They were still a common sight when I got it. Was doing my LC at the time too. It blew the Fiestas, Corsas and other tat away at the time :p

Time flies eh... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Plug wrote: »

How about PLUG :P

Or
    Kenny

• Advertisement

vectra wrote: »
    How about PLUG :P

Or
    Kenny

770C494C-B35D-4A21-A11E-E8978D272FC3-2426-0000029D673875D8.jpg

:P

This discussion has been closed.