Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

damn right.. if it get's me from a - b then i'm happy.. If i had the money to waste then maybe i'll pick up something a little more luxurious.. At the moment though, i'm not that stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

So if you had the money you'd be stupid and buy a flash car?:)

if i had the money to waste? yup;)

I don't really need to be flash, the only reason i'd buy a new car is for the added comfort. At the moment, there's really no need in buying a newer car because the punto does everything i need and what your car does, just maybe a little slower..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

LundiMardi wrote:
    damn right.. if it get's me from a - b then i'm happy.. If i had the money to waste then maybe i'll pick up something a little more luxurious.. At the moment though, i'm not that stupid.

You either understand cars or you don't. :rolleyes:

Thats a very mature, settled, sensible kind of approach for a young fella to have about cars, when I was your age I wanted a Ferrari or anything with a GTI badge on the boot door. How things have changed. Heres hoping I'll still be as mad as a hatter the day I die.;)

• Advertisement

junkyard wrote:
    Thats a very mature, settled, sensible kind of approach for a young fella to have about cars, when I was your age I wanted a Ferrari or anything with a GTI badge on the boot door. How things have changed. Heres hoping I'll still be as mad as a hatter the day I die.;)
    i just have other things i'd rather spend my money on(things you probably would think stupid), for instance, this year alone i've spent 3 times what my car is worth on my music equipment, guitars and amps etc...

Maybe when i renew my insurance and have a full licence, i'll get a decent car, but it probably wouldn't be flash in that sense of the word.

Point taken and yes I would think it mad to spend money on music equipment but every man or woman to their own.:) Better get back on topic before we're all banned.

LundiMardi wrote:
    i just have other things i'd rather spend my money on(things you probably would think stupid), ...

Its very mean spirited and small minded to slag off others hobbies because your just not interested in it yourself. :(

junkyard wrote:
    Point taken and yes I would think it mad to spend money on music equipment but every man or woman to their own.:)

You're not going into the music forums calling peoples pride and joy a toneless plank are you. ;)

i wasn't slagging anything, just stating an opinion.

• Advertisement

Here's what I saw outside London just before Christmas, nice Chauffeur too but she wasn't driving the day I saw the car.:)

LundiMardi wrote:
    i wasn't slagging anything, just stating an opinion.

Yeah right...:rolleyes:

Yeah right...:rolleyes:
    fúckin hell man lighten up

LundiMardi....ten Hail Marys....Ten Our Fathers... and apologise to el tel.;)

LOL you're the guy with the negative waves dude. I know its the most depressing day of the year and all that, but rise above it! ;)

i just think the car is ugly, and in all fairness, it is!:D imo ofcourse.

Oh no you sinned again:eek:

LundiMardi wrote:
    i just think the car is ugly, and in all fairness, it is!:D imo ofcourse.

You just be careful with that white cane, you'll have someones eye out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

LundiMardi wrote:
    I don't really need to be flash, the only reason i'd buy a new car is for the added comfort. At the moment, there's really no need in buying a newer car because the punto does everything i need and what your car does, just maybe a little slower..
    What a well informed opinion.:rolleyes:

Based on the opinions of motoring journalists, various car designers and pretty much everyone here except you, that particular model of Audi A4 is among the most elegant, well designed cabriolets on the market. So because the proud owner appreciates good design (and undoubtedly good value) and you do not, you feel the need to rain on his parade. Let me guess - you're Irish, right?

The thread is called "post a picture of your car" - implicit in the title is the understanding that if you go to the trouble to post a picture, you are proud of your car. If so, common courtesy would demand that if you do not appreciate someone else's car you just shut up and move on. Unless, of course, you are an asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

junkyard wrote:
    Here's what I saw outside London just before Christmas, nice Chauffeur too but she wasn't driving the day I saw the car.:)

She's have to change shoes and everything to drive. Personally I love the Audi Cab., just like I love the new A4 Cab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

unkel wrote:
    Was thinking same. The A4 cabrio (current and previous) is one of only a few cabrios that looks good with the soft top up imho

Just as well there is no winter in Ireland. Stick that hard top in the garage / shed and enjoy the open top :D

Looks like a UK import, el tel. How much did you pay for it and how much is VRT?

Of course the car looks better with the hard top removed but I was happy to take it as they are very rare (and quite valuable) and where I live in Dublin there are loads of trees which I would like it protected from should I bring it down here. I bought it privately in County Antrim for £8200 (it cost £28,500 new) and I'll be keeping it in the North so no VRT issues.

What a well informed opinion.:rolleyes:

Based on the opinions of motoring journalists, various car designers and pretty much everyone here except you, that particular model of Audi A4 is among the most elegant, well designed cabriolets on the market. So because the proud owner appreciates good design (and undoubtedly good value) and you do not, you feel the need to rain on his parade. Let me guess - you're Irish, right?

The thread is called "post a picture of your car" - implicit in the title is the understanding that if you go to the trouble to post a picture, you are proud of your car. If so, common courtesy would demand that if you do not appreciate someone else's car you just shut up and move on. Unless, of course, you are an asshole.
    brought a tear to my eye that did mate.. How long did it take to write that?

Don't ****ing cry because i think a car is ugly, regardless of what you or other ''motoring journalists'' think i'm entitled to think what i want and i'm entitled to say what i think.

LundiMardi wrote:
    brought a tear to my eye that did mate.. How long did it take to write that?
    About 1 minute.
    Don't ****ing cry because i think a car is ugly, regardless of what you or other ''motoring journalists'' think i'm entitled to think what i want and i'm entitled to say what i think.
    And I'm entitled to think you're an asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,321 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

el tel wrote:
    I bought it privately in County Antrim for £8200 (it cost £28,500 new)

Amazing price
    el tel wrote:
    Of course the car looks better with the hard top removed but I was happy to take it as they are very rare (and quite valuable) and where I live in Dublin there are loads of trees which I would like it protected from should I bring it down here. I bought it privately in County Antrim for £8200 (it cost £28,500 new) and I'll be keeping it in the North so no VRT issues.

Ah you're working over there now and you'll bring it back here at some point, register it for free, hold onto it for another year and sell for more than you bought it for. Sounds like a plan :D :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

LundiMardi wrote:
    brought a tear to my eye that did mate.. How long did it take to write that? Don't ****ing cry because i think a car is ugly, regardless of what you or other ''motoring journalists'' think i'm entitled to think what i want and i'm entitled to say what i think.

Depends., since you not discussing the look and design of cars, simply saying thats ugly, and that you've said you've no interest in cars, expect not to be taken seriously, and most people to assume its flamebait.

This thread stopped in its tracks because of a troll. Ban the mofo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You're skating on thin ice yourself ds20 (we dont say Mother****er round these parts!).

LundiMardi if this were a "rubbish the previous posters car" thread it would say so. I suggest you walk away now rather than picking up a ban.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    You're skating on thin ice yourself ds20 (we dont say Mother****er round these parts!).
    :)
    I know. I didn't!. Still, good to know a fat man can skate, right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Pukis

my, for first time in ireland:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement