Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

lomb wrote:
    a beautiful car!enjoy it in the best of health:) i ordered one for the mother (only a baby 1.6fsi auto) in the same colour, wont look as good as yours but i dont think shel notice tbh:)

Thanks for the good wishes Lomb.

It's scientifically proven that red cars are faster :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭markeymark

CrowdedHouse your car is a beauty

Here is my one its an 84 Scirocco Storm
    Everything is colour coded brown!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Scirocco's are soooo cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Nice !!! Love Sciroccos.
    markeymark wrote:
    CrowdedHouse your car is a beauty
    Everything is colour coded brown!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

markeymark wrote:
    Drool. LJK Setright loved these cars - that's enough in my book. Any daylight pictures, markeymark?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭markeymark

Ill take some the next chance I get ds20prefecture. LJK Setright - what a legend.

I used own a luvly mark 1 Scirocco (see attached) till a few months ago until it was stolen and burnt out :(
    Disaster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Dead

i have no car but i will someday im still looking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭adam01

edited

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

STOP PIMPING YOUR CRAP CAR
    adam01 wrote:
    2003 Saab 9-3 Viggen
    By ADs, Executive Editor

Saabs. You just have to love them. Quirky, independent, iconoclasts that they are, these vehicles don’t do things like other cars. Normal cars. Cars without their ignition switch in the center console. Cars that don’t demand you put the (manual) transmission in reverse before you can remove the key. Yep, those Saabs sure are different.

Except for this one. The 9-3 is something of a red-headed step-child in the Saab line-up. It wraps an Opel platform in Saab-like bodywork. And for the Viggen, a 230-hp turbocharged four-cylinder engine is stuffed under the hood, handsome 18-in. performance wheels and tires are fitted, ditto larger radially-scored brake discs, the interior gets a very nice leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, and the rear hatch gets a wing. It makes for a very handsome package, but not one that works especially well in everyday use.

The large tires and modified suspension camber settings make the Viggen a lively car, one that follows every rut and hump in the road. Europeans call it “tramlining” for its resemblance to the effect you get when the vehicle you’re in drops a wheel into the track the street cars follow. It quickly lets you know that democracy isn’t the only thing that demands eternal vigilance.

This phenomenon is different than torque steer – the unequal application of torque through the driven wheels resulting in a pull to one side under acceleration and an equal and opposite reaction under deceleration – a trait which the Viggen didn’t manifest to any appreciable extent. Saab has been criticized for torque steer when, in fact, it was tramlining from excessive suspension camber that caused the directional problem.

One area where the criticism has been correct, and fair, is structural rigidity. The 9-3 is a mid-size 2-door convertible with an enormous rear opening. Unfortunately, that large port, coupled with the less than stellar Opel platform, mean the 9-3 doesn’t feel as stout as it should – as a Saab should. The rear wing rattles over bumps, which amplifies the occasional “thunk” from the saloon, and makes the otherwise reasonably quiet cabin an aurally unpleasant place. It also means the car doesn’t feel as planted as it should, which no doubt led to the overbearing camber settings as a way to help compensate.

Also, the interior door panels do not fit flush, and have a very visible part line on the plastic along its perimeter. For some reason, the rear panels were especially poor. This isn’t the attention to detail you expect in a nearly $39,000 car. Or on a car so handsome from the outside.

Does this mean the 9-3 Viggen is a total loss? No. To its credit, the 9-3 has incredibly comfortable and supportive seats, smooth leather, and that saloon. Which means the 9-3’s driver and passengers are comfortably seated, and the car can swallow large loads easily. (With the rear seats down, it rivals most station wagons for carrying capacity.) Plus, the gearbox and clutch are light, direct, and easily used. Other than that…........ADs

....................................................................................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭adam01

JohnCleary wrote:

HOW RUDE ARE YOU:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

lads give it a rest eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

JohnCleary wrote:
    Yeh please stop posting about your car....agreed it is lovely but do we really need to be told about it over and over, and over and over and over and over again! Every time I seem to open a thread in the motors section lately, there you are reeling off all the marketing crap about how good a car it is.....we get it! You own a Saab Viggen and you're a happy owner....end of! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

John Clearly just hit the "report post" report.gif icon eh?

Adam01 enough guff about your car. You've posted pics here once and nothing has changed so we don't need anymore.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

here's mine, selling it at the moment. car18kl.jpgclick here for info

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

mike65 wrote:
    John Clearly just hit the "report post" report.gif icon eh?

Adam01 enough guff about your car. You've posted pics here once and nothing has changed so we don't need anymore.

Mike.

You deleted my post :( It was the most constructive post of mine all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

I finally got around to taking out my digital camera!

My very rare Honda Civic VTi imported from the UK. Factory fit Red Leather Seats, A/C and Reverse Parking sensors. The car I wanted since I was 22... :)

CivicFront-Side.jpg

CivicBack-Side.jpg

EngineBay.jpg

Odometer.jpg

RedLeather.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

That is soooo nice. Love the seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

krazylegs wrote:
    Hey! New here.
    This is my VW Bora, got it in October! Lovely Car :D

side.jpg

Unfortunately.. a horse did this to it in December... :mad: ... not a lovely car.

VW01.jpg

Insurance didnt cover a horse, and MIBI wouldnt even look at me.. (was told to go to them by Gardai)... farmer ... mysteriously vanished off the face of the earth.. :confused: convenient

SICK man... sick:(

Did you repair it or was it classed as a write off.. damage looks repairable, expensive but repairable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 krazylegs

I sold it to a car dealer in town, he's gonna repair it. I was quoted €5500 to repair it, didnt fancy having it written off, so i thought it'd be best to get shot of it. The money i have from selling it ill put towards a brand new one, i found one identical to it just with alloy wheels so i think thats my new baby. i'll hopefuly be getting it in a few days... so i'll stick up a pic of it when i get it, oh and my insurance will be put up to fully comp, just incase i meet 'TAYTO the horse' again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

jayok wrote:
    and Reverse Parking sensors. The car I wanted since I was 22... :)

nice clean non tarted up civic, fair play but I couldn't help laughing when I saw 'parking sensors' :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

ando wrote:
    nice clean non tarted up civic, fair play but I couldn't help laughing when I saw 'parking sensors' :p

eh? are parking sensors funny? Probably just my age, I can no longer see too well behind me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

jayok wrote:
    eh? are parking sensors funny? Probably just my age, I can no longer see too well behind me! :)
    On such a small car they are a bit of a joke alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

My X5.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

junkyard wrote:
    My X5.

Mmmmmmm.... pixels. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭matt cork

and mine

aopic8.jpg
    aopic9.jpg

Stunning! Looks silver in the first pic but white in the second...? Black interior?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Nice one matt, haven't seen it before. Here's a couple of my M5.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

qz wrote:
    Stunning!
    Agreed

It's like a little ///M club. I want in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭matt cork

qz wrote:
    Stunning! Looks silver in the first pic but white in the second...? Black interior?

defo white, albeit with shades of dirt on those pics!!, its a black half leather interior

more importantly tho alarm, 2 immobolisers and a tracker - oh and the gf's car in front of it:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement