Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

su_dios wrote: »
    Unless they have the multispoke alloys and rear twin exhaust then they're just the new 'sportline' trim. Gts are now available in 80, 122 and 140bhp. I drive the 170 and tbh this annoys me how I spent so much on it but the 80bhp can have the same kit. There aren't to many 170s around really. So check the wheels next time you see them. If they're the ones in the pic above then you won't be able to tell which model it is apart from it not being a 170.

I also feel sorry for those who bought the 140bhp gt as its a good bit more expensive than the others but cannot be distinguished from them.

I think it adds to the fun I stayed away from the 170 because the wife is learning to drive and TBH the perfomance figures are not that different between the 170 and 140.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

...I drive the 170 and tbh this annoys me how I spent so much on it but the 80bhp can have the same kit....

...I also feel sorry for those who bought the 140bhp gt as its a good bit more expensive than the others but cannot be distinguished from them.

Did you buy your 170 because you wanted a more powerful car, or because you can afford it and you want people to know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

BnA wrote: »
    Did you buy your 170 because you wanted a more powerful car, or because you can afford it and you want people to know that.

Because it had better spec and the insurance was affordable. Thats a pretty ridiculous statement to make... When you pay for a high spec car you don't want it to look the exact same as the basic model. The GT (170 only) was out before they introduced the GT sport range(80-170bhp). There isn't much price difference between the 140 and 170 but to change the alloys and fit the 170 rear&exhaust it would nearly be the same price. Thats why I went with the 170. Also the 140 had to be ordered and I bought a demo 170.

Yep thats the thing.. they should have only had the gt badge on the 170 and 140. Having it on the 80 doesn't work. And yeah the circumstances there wouldn't call for a 170.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

This was my point. VW have gone GT-badge-crazy, much like they did with the MK4 Golf. "GT" is slapped on them all now, from the old wheezy 80bhp upwards, which won't do the resale of the higher bhp versions much good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,030 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

JoeA3 wrote: »
    This was my point. VW have gone GT-badge-crazy, much like they did with the MK4 Golf. "GT" is slapped on them all now, from the old wheezy 80bhp upwards, which won't do the resale of the higher bhp versions much good.

vw didnt put the badges on the mk4s tho dealers did, the gt tdi 115bhp diesesls:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

DSC00511.jpg

DSC00510.jpg

DSC00509.jpg

88 Toyota Celica st 162 :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,607 ✭✭✭maidhc

When you pay for a high spec car you don't want it to look the exact same as the basic model.

The gospel according to Ghia! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaybee747

My 2003 Avensis.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

dsc01578vd9.jpg
    dsc01588pv0.jpg
    dsc01584zr6.jpg
    dsc01585ps8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

CRIM0028.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bop1977

my VRS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Pics of the Alfa. 156, 1.8 Tspark with factory fitted zender kit. Freshly washed in the photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

My little 106GTi

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Because it had better spec and the insurance was affordable. Thats a pretty ridiculous statement to make...
    He didn't make a statement, he asked a question.;)
    When you pay for a high spec car you don't want it to look the exact same as the basic model.
    Why not? I would, for purely practical reasons.

I love the 106 GTi. I was considering one before I decided on the 156. Nice example you have there. Does it have the half leather interior?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

My Accord 2.2 i-CTDI
    th_32028_accord_3Large2_122_830lo.jpg

Interior
    th_32720_Int_6Large6_122_1194lo.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MAKE MY DAY

My pride and joy !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

astraboy wrote: »
    Pics of the Alfa. 156, 1.8 Tspark with factory fitted zender kit. Freshly washed in the photos!

Nice-are those Ti rims?

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Nice-are those Ti rims?

Don't think so, its a 00 model and I though the Ti was a later model? Not sure what the Ti rims are exactly. The 17" rims were a standard option in the sport models I believe. The previous owner said it came like that from the factory, it also has the carbon effect dash which I think is far better looking then the fake wood. Only thing it does'nt have is leather, though it does have comfy sport seats with "Alfa Romeo" stitched into them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

P1010005-1.jpg
    P1010007.jpg

-VB-

• Advertisement

Volvoboy wrote: »
    P1010005-1.jpg
    P1010007.jpg

-VB-

just the one carina?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

astraboy wrote: »
    I love the 106 GTi. I was considering one before I decided on the 156. Nice example you have there. Does it have the half leather interior?

Oh you poor guy:D, My 106 hasnt the half leather interior, found they dont wear the test of time well.

i knew it, you prob have a fleet of them stashed away somewhere

i knew it, you prob have a fleet of them stashed away somewhere

Nah, just have 3 at the mo.

-VB-

Nah, just have 3 at the mo.

-VB-

did ya get your almera shifted, saw it on adverts ages ago.

did ya get your almera shifted, saw it on adverts ages ago.

That was 7 cars ago! Was my 1st wheels!!

-VB-

That was 7 cars ago! Was my 1st wheels!!

-VB-

im only on car no 3, but wait til i get my brera/159/a5 (ill pick one of em later)

im only on car no 3, but wait til i get my brera/159/a5 (ill pick one of em later)

No 2.4 6 speed Honda Acco..........

......Hahahaha!!

-VB-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I'm still on car no. 1 after four years!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement