Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Max_Damage wrote: »
    I'm still on car no. 1 after four years!

I'm on my 8 car in the space of 2 years.

[fooling myself]I dont think i've a problem[/fooling myself]

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

This is mine. It is my first car and I like it.

D_12920_0ie53r6s4y_04.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

This is mine. It is my first car and I like it.

D_12920_0ie53r6s4y_04.jpg

Liking the rims dude.I'm looking to get a mk4 golf too in the not too distant future(hopefully).Are they real audi wheels or look-a-likes.They really suit the car.Petrol or diesel??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

you have a serious problem volvoboy!! i'm only on car 3 after 7 and a half years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Liking the rims dude.I'm looking to get a mk4 golf too in the not too distant future(hopefully).Are they real audi wheels or look-a-likes.They really suit the car.Petrol or diesel??

Cheers man, yeah there official RS6 alloys. Ive got it about 3weeks now, I was looking for about 3mths. I think the combination of the color and wheels sets if off.

Tis a 1.4 petrol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BlueDragon

Heres my one just bought it my second car like it a lot more than my first one
    does anyone know how to get the tint on the top of the windscreen off without scratching the windscreen?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Try warming it with a hairdryer and then peeling it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Here's my '03 Megane. My first car and I learned to drive in it. Got it last November but I don't know if I'll be keeping it for much longer really, it really hasn't been without its problems and the 80 bhp engine is gutless in such a heavy car... Looks lovely though!

Pictured on a nice november afternoon soon after getting it after spending hours washing / polishing / back2black on the plastic etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Here's my '03 Megane. My first car and I learned to drive in it. Got it last November but I don't know if I'll be keeping it for much longer really, it really hasn't been without its problems and the 80 bhp engine is gutless in such a heavy car... Looks lovely though!

Pictured on a nice november afternoon soon after getting it after spending hours washing / polishing / back2black on the plastic etc.

The 1.4 Megane has 98BHP. One of the most powerful 1.4 engines used in hatchbacks/saloons.

I wouldn't exactly recomend using one of them polishers on cars either, they tend to ruin paint work even though it appears to be shiney.

The early model 1.4 Meganes only had 80 bhp and they were fairly quickly discontinued. Stopped using the buffer after two panels, you're right, it was useless. Doing it by hand was faster and looked better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Mine:

796292_20080325100303_5.jpg

796292_20080325100303_4.jpg

796292_20080325100302_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

The early model 1.4 Meganes only had 80 bhp and they were fairly quickly discontinued. Stopped using the buffer after two panels, you're right, it was useless. Doing it by hand was faster and looked better.

Are you sure about that? I was never aware there was a 80bhp 1.4 availible the in the Megane II.

HungryJoey wrote: »
    Are you sure about that? I was never aware there was a 80bhp 1.4 availible the in the Megane II.

I was sure about it up until I went searching around the net again this morning to try and back that up, but now I think you're right.

See, after buying the car we scoured through the documentation, tax etc trying to find out if it was 80bhp or 100bhp, because some websites list there being an option of an 80bhp 1.4 16V Megane. Couldn't find anything conclusive. The car definitely didn't feel like 100bhp though, so we came to the conclusion it must have been the 80bhp. My friend's 60bhp punto which has barely seen a service in its life feeling faster convinced me it couldn't be the 100 model as well.

After changing the ignition coils it did feel a bit faster and the cutting out issues disappeared, but still wouldn't have called it 100bhp. Apparently in pre-2004 the ignition coils can fail after just about any amount of time for any reason (posts on megane / renault forums) :rolleyes:.

Just had a google around now though and found a few renault press releases saying the base engine for its Irish release would be 100bhp, so I suppose that settles it. Thanks for the tip

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The megane wouldn't be a particularly light car (it's very safe), so 100bhp mightn't go as far as one might expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Oh you poor guy:D, My 106 hasnt the half leather interior, found they dont wear the test of time well.

Na I've made my choice and I'm quite happy with it! In getting a new radiator this week however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭mthd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

shagman wrote: »

van1.jpg

Respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Sorry off topic but you could do with telling your neighbours that they need a carpenter to fix the lead flashing and the loose tile or their sitting rooms won't remain very dry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭sk8board

Just had a google around now though and found a few renault press releases saying the base engine for its Irish release would be 100bhp, so I suppose that settles it. Thanks for the tip

I've got one of those. Its a 1.4 16v 96bhp. I think the engine was only available in the irish face-lift models in 00-02, particularly the Rxi spec. Its much nippier than my wifes 1.6 focus (relatively speaking of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

First of many :)
    DSC00627.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭djmike

ed2ce3794c.jpg

sk8board wrote: »
    I've got one of those. Its a 1.4 16v 96bhp. I think the engine was only available in the irish face-lift models in 00-02, particularly the Rxi spec. Its much nippier than my wifes 1.6 focus (relatively speaking of course)

Think I'm having some of the famous low engine capacity Renault power loss. I've been in a couple of 1.6 Focuses, and they're all rockets compared my car. At 4,000 rpm with the redline at 6,000rpm to hold 120km/h on the motorway... Found a list of about 5 things on meganeforums and renaultforums which are all very common and all cause serious power loss, so I'll be working my way through them this weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭sk8board

Think I'm having some of the famous low engine capacity Renault power loss. I've been in a couple of 1.6 Focuses, and they're all rockets compared my car. At 4,000 rpm with the redline at 6,000rpm to hold 120km/h on the motorway... Found a list of about 5 things on meganeforums and renaultforums which are all very common and all cause serious power loss, so I'll be working my way through them this weekend...

You've definitely got power loss. It should hold 120 comfortably at about 3,300. They've got excellent pull in 3rd from 40-60mph. The rest of the gear ratios are crap unfortunately!
    We still use ours as a shunt-car (currently only doing 1,300 miles per year), but its always been PMO and avoided all the classic issues with Renaults (bar one electrical fault with the boot solenoid that almost started a little fire; but we don't speak about that anymore).
    given the nature of the thread, I should probably take a pic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

My mk4 golf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

the_banger.sized.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

Hilux Surf 3.TD

HiluxSurf003.jpg

HiluxSurf010.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭quattro777

My Audi A6 2.7 TDI S Line

Picture005.jpg