Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

oops

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭blackbox

UNKEL - Midnight metallic blue? I've got one a bit like that, but with bigger wheelarches and an Irish reg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Better pics of the R8, it looks like your standing outside the someones house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Heres mine:

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Alfa-Romeo/147/1.6-tspark/702701/

Have it nearly 2 years now...never any bother with it...has cost me nothing (apart from services and usual wear and tear)...love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

neacy69 wrote: »
    Heres mine:

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Alfa-Romeo/147/1.6-tspark/702701/

Have it nearly 2 years now...never any bother with it...has cost me nothing (apart from services and usual wear and tear)...love it!

Nice way of advertising on boards alright..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭smokie72

Here's my MR2. Just bought it 4 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭gavquinn

Very good! I am! I'm standing outside my driveway! 10 points for that, Einstein!

;)

It was the only one i had on my phone

Sorry, the only picture I have, it's in my driveway there, the silver A3 in front is the really great car. Electric windows in that bad boy! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Nice way of advertising on boards alright..

easist way of posting pics..........

In fairness I think it would be naive to believe you with just that picture, as I'm sure you would agree. Interior pic with a boards postit on the windshield!

• Advertisement

*Tripper* wrote: »
    In fairness I think it would be naive to believe you with just that picture, as I'm sure you would agree. Interior pic with a boards postit on the windshield!

Believe me!? Yes, cos it's all about proving you have something to strangers! I don't take pictures of my car all day long, but sure if you don't believe me that's ok. After all, I'm not driving an M3, I don't feel the need to say "look at me"

Not causing an argument just saying, on the instruments board it doesn't exist until there are a few pics up of it!

Not causing an argument just saying, on the instruments board it doesn't exist until there are a few pics up of it!

No arguement, but I don't feel a need to prove I own one! Especially when my next car will be a Golf GTI or an A8 Diesel. So forgive me if I seemed argumentative, but it's not about showy display, illuminous paint or winning a race against a spotty 19 year old in a 93 civic with Kenwood written in the rear window. I don't have another picture, I took one - that day, and to be honest the attention can be unsettling.

gavquinn wrote: »
    No arguement, but I don't feel a need to prove I own one! Especially when my next car will be a Golf GTI or an A8 Diesel. So forgive me if I seemed argumentative, but it's not about showy display, illuminous paint or winning a race against a spotty 19 year old in a 93 civic with Kenwood written in the rear window. I don't have another picture, I took one - that day, and to be honest the attention can be unsettling.

So you don't have one then.

Enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Believe me!? Yes, cos it's all about proving you have something to strangers! I don't take pictures of my car all day long, but sure if you don't believe me that's ok. After all, I'm not driving an M3, I don't feel the need to say "look at me"

Yeah, because an R8 is real subtle.

So you don't have one then.

Enough said.

I guess not then!

Game.Set.Match

eoin_s wrote: »
    Yeah, because an R8 is real subtle.

Maybe not, but I don't need to take loads of pictures of it and post them here. Which was the main ponit of this discussion. And according to a certain user if I don't put up loads of pictures of it - I don't have one. I don't know where the logic is there..

Game.Set.Match

Uh?

Explain your logic. If this is a personal thing, bitch at someone with the same car as you.

Maybe not, but I don't need to take loads of pictures of it and post them here. Which was the main ponit of this discussion. And according to a certain user if I don't put up loads of pictures of it - I don't have one. I don't know where the logic is there..

Ok, but you have to know that without posting proof of actually owning one (and not passing by someones house and taking the picture, which it seems you did) then no one is going to believe you.
    If you don't have a problem with that then that's grand.

Just makes ya look a fair bit stupid!

• Advertisement

Ok, but you have to know that without posting proof of actually owning one (and not passing by someones house and taking the picture, which it seems you did) then no one is going to believe you.
    If you don't have a problem with that then that's grand.

Just makes ya look a fair bit stupid!

That's MY house!!!

I just put up the pic as a means of a friendly chat and I'm being villified and attacked for not being essentially a myspace whore with the car.. Jesus Christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

lads if it was your car I doubt you'd be taking photos of it all day either... here look, I've got pics of my zonda that I keep in Spain!

2211418987_651a83681d.jpg2211414135_2a8956ecf0.jpg

and here's one inside if you don't believe it's mine! :D

2211408365_82696090a1.jpg

That's MY house!!!

I just put up the pic as a means of a friendly chat and I'm being villified and attacked for not being essentially a myspace whore with the car.. Jesus Christ.

That might be the case, doesn't appear to be it.
    Can you honestly not see where anyone is coming from?

myspace whore? hardly, you posted a very low quality, partial view of this car you apparently own.
    Now..unless you have absolutely ZERO interest in cars you'd have nicer pictures than that..and if you had no interest then you wouldn't have a car like that.

That might be the case, doesn't appear to be it.
    Can you honestly not see where anyone is coming from?

myspace whore? hardly, you posted a very low quality, partial view of this car you apparently own.
    Now..unless you have absolutely ZERO interest in cars you'd have nicer pictures than that..and if you had no interest then you wouldn't have a car like that.

Yes I have an interest. But I don't have an ego problem that I need to tell everyone or prove it to usernames. My phone has a VGA camera, and it's a very basic camera - I prefer battery life, I don't feel the need to prove my phone's worth either!
    Yes, I see where people are coming from, but here's something YOU can consider.

I had a 05 S4, I woke up one morning, my house was freezing, with a cold breeze. Went downstairs, porch window REMOVED cleanly, and car gone. Not a sound. So if you think I'm prepared to advertise think again.

Yes, Thank you steve06.

I don't advertise. like steve06, he loves the attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

Here is my MR2, I lowered it in photoshop just to see what it would look like but its not that low in real life.

In the garage at the moment but hopefully all done for the bank holiday :D
    fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

ramps would be a serious issue, honestly I've nearly lost my exhaust so may times!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Homer

Here's my garage, i'm not telling you where it is in case one of you thieving gypsys whips out my porch door and runs off with the lot of them ;)

ferrari_garage.sized.jpg&usg=AFQjCNEjQBtF8LkPegToyNlE-IZSeg3MDw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Lads,

I dont get it - whats the big deal with needing more proof that they guy has the R8? I can understand a request for more pics if you would just like to see more of the car. However if it is just for proof, I dont think anyone should have to do this.

Anyway why is it so hard to believe that the owner of an R8 is on this Forum? I have congratulate the owner and wish him well. If it turns out that he was putting it up as a spoof (why someone would even consider this I dont know), will I lose any sleep because I wasted my congratulations ?...no.

Just my view

• Advertisement

TheBazman wrote: »
    Lads,

I dont get it - whats the big deal with needing more proof that they guy has the R8? I can understand a request for more pics if you would just like to see more of the car. However if it is just for proof, I dont think anyone should have to do this.

Anyway why is it so hard to believe that the owner of an R8 is on this Forum? I have congratulate the owner and wish him well. If it turns out that he was putting it up as a spoof (why someone would even consider this I dont know), will I lose any sleep because I wasted my congratulations ?...no.

Just my view

Thank you,

Why would anyone lie about it anyway? I don't think less of anyone for the car they drive, but I felt kinda like I was back in school there for a bit!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement