Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

@dgt did you drop a 1.8 in that punto :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Tallon wrote: »
    It's like a Fiat and Alfa graveyard...

It's quite the opposite though, it's probably the only place in the country where fiats and alfas don't go to die, but to be reborn! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Spent the day yesterday, waxing and scrubbing the car first chance I've had since I got it :).

SAM_0290_zps249cc70e.jpg

SAM_0292_zpsb52ff331.jpg

SAM_0291_zps3915c701.jpg

Also whats people opinion on German regs? I've been thinking bout them but I'm not sure. Going looking for BMW reg surrounds today get rid of the garage ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

Also whats people opinion on German regs? I've been thinking bout them but I'm not sure. Going looking for BMW reg surrounds today get rid of the garage ones.

I like them on some cars but the fake German tax in the center and D instead of IRL on the side looks sh*t to me. If you like them go for it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Marty, did you get Gtechniq C4 for the valance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

HurtLocker wrote: »
    I like them on some cars but the fake German tax in the center and D instead of IRL on the side looks sh*t to me. If you like them go for it. :)

Yeh im just not sure yet sometimes it can look tacky depending on the car and the reg I might take a good look around and see what regs are available.
    Marty, did you get Gtechniq C4 for the valance?

I did indeed :), sure is expensive for the size of the bottle but if it does last more than a year then be well worth it imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Spent the day yesterday, waxing and scrubbing the car first chance I've had since I got it :).

German plates will look really good on that car.
    Get the pressed ones and put on BMW surrounds. IMO that is the best bmw color (the blue you have on the e90). Eireplates were where I got mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

cabb8ge wrote: »
    just on boards Fiat crowd and alfa crowd go over the above on the praise for the Fiat and alfa, I cannot understand the viewpoint :)

Have you ever owned an alfa.
    They're so fun to drive.
    This post by frank black sums it up (cant link to post as I'm on my phone.)

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056576778/2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

German plates no,pressed metal plates yes.

I did indeed :), sure is expensive for the size of the bottle but if it does last more than a year then be well worth it imo.

The bottle itself will last much longer than a year ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

tossy wrote: »
    German plates no,pressed metal plates yes.

Shup you, Wolfsburg.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

2n20egw.jpg

Max Power1 wrote: »
    While I prefer the pressed plate german fonts on BMWs, I think these ones suit it too

Same here. I think they look great. Could do without the screws though.

CianRyan wrote: »
    Cians happy car

Thats a :D looking car.

It's a smiley yoke alright. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Finally got one? Gratz, so how it is? Hard to wipe that smile off? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

nice one Cian

Cheers lads, yep can't stop looking at the thing and smiling. :)

From what little I've driven it, it feels u real. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

fair balls cian she's a nice yoke! say it feels like such a mover after the almera :) you need to get a lazy eye kit for it imo.

Low profile lazy eye kit is on the (long) list.
    The guts of €400 though. :eek:

DSC09597-vi.jpg

• Advertisement

Jaysus it looks like forest whitaker :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Just leave it 6 months, Cian. Itll happen naturally:D
    seriously though, smashing mx5. Any plans,for... Minilights perhaps?

Just leave it 6 months, Cian. Itll happen naturally:D
    seriously though, smashing mx5. Any plans,for... Minilights perhaps?

I want a set of these, only about €450 a wheel...
    What am I doing to myself?

Rota do a version but I would like to keep it all real.

CianRyan wrote: »
    I want a set of these, only about €450 a wheel...
    What am I doing to myself?

Rota do a version but I would like to keep it all real.

Rota is not the worse you can get. I got Rota on my mx5 and they work fine. 450eu will get you all 4 rota version of that and there wount be that much of a difference. The rest of 1350eu could go suspension, manifold, exhaust upgrades or start on making your own turbo charger kit.

Rota is not the worse you can get. I got Rota on my mx5 and they work fine. 450eu will get you all 4 rota version of that and there wount be that much of a difference. The rest of 1350eu could go suspension, manifold, exhaust upgrades or start on making your own turbo charger kit.

Hmm, do Rota do a 3 piece version or is it a solid wheel I wonder.
    Because I'll definitely be flipping it for dish. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭cabb8ge

Scortho wrote: »
    Have you ever owned an alfa.
    They're so fun to drive.
    This post by frank black sums it up (cant link to post as I'm on my phone.)

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056576778/2

More of it :rolleyes:
    cabb8ge never say I not like Alfa, I say boards.ie folk ott on praise of them.
    Need not to have owned alfa to have view on them, but on boards any comment and people asked "have you own one" or other day someone asked "have you motor trade experience" :eek:
    silly silly, I work on alfa cars in past for friends, I drive friends Alfa 147 for two month in 2010 as he go home for holiday/family reason. I like alfa but on here the alfa drivers too much bias to them.
    they more fun to drive than astra or Passat or avensis, definite. As fwd cars they no near league of best, like FTO or some Honda. 156/147 and mark 1 focus are same same in handling dept. 166 not good handle car, like Passat, normal.
    but on here Alfa brilliant, you think not, u own one? No, f*ck off so you have no opinion worth listen to :rolleyes:
    but alfa boys on here have opinion on other car without owning and that fine fine :confused:

silly silly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

My Vitz Rs landed, other half is afraid of it and think's it's too quick :)

httv94.jpg

2a6wldz.jpg

se9ch4.jpg

2w5vrs7.jpg

You have an addiction to buying white Japanese cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Lol I know, definitely need a colour change!

• Advertisement

5500 wrote: »
    Lol I know, definitely need a colour change!

No you dont. White is awesome!

Cian, I dont know about the specific Rota wheels you looking for, but I am pretty sure those are one piece. If you do want dip dish stuff, then buy dip dish stuff, instead of buying expensive alloys and then choping them apart. My ones are 7.5 inch, but those are in 8.5 inch too. Even my ones give a nice lip, the 8,5 are even better.

In the end of the day, its your car, but I personally would not spend about 2k eu on wheels on a car that most likely costed same money. I would not even buy 2k eu wheels on subaru, unless I won a lotto.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement