Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,030 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

ive no problem either :)

however you have the nicest car so far and the worst pic :p the only reason id like more is because i love the r8

any why are you swiping at m3 drivers:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Homer

People lie all the time.. about what they drive, what they work at, how much they earn etc etc..

I just think its odd that driving one of the most aspired to cars in the country you don't have anything better than the picture you posted of it?
    It looks like it was taken from next doors driveway or from outside the driveway walking past...
    Can you not see where people are coming from doubting you?

You are obviously into your motors if you are driving that car yes?
    If so, it's strange that you haven't taken any decent photos of it?

I drive a nice car and clean and polish it regularly and take photos of it on occasion..

Just understand why people are dubious thats all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

1. Some people are very strange, get kicks out of internet people thinking they class stuff (I've a 599...)
    2. Its not an attack what so ever, I'm not a jealous person, I love cars and I'd love to see a few pics! Also I wonder if you were the R8 owner that I ripped out of it near statoil, whe whe whe!
    3. If i had an R8 i'd have a good few pics for gloating ability!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Jesus lads give it a rest, the fella owns a very nice R8 get over it, the pettyness of this place sickens me sometimes, one of the few really nice cars posted in a while and he's getting slammed for it.

He has as much credability here as some posting a photo of a clean polished civic, it's an online forum, we just have to take peoples word for it on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

gavquinn wrote: »
    Thank you,

Why would anyone lie about it anyway? I don't think less of anyone for the car they drive, but I felt kinda like I was back in school there for a bit!

I'm with Gavquinn on this. He's posted a picture of his car which happens to be an R8.

I didn't see anyone questioning Boooonzo if he actually owns the MR2.

Both nice cars

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭plissken

The reason why I think some posters myself included are dubious about Mr Gavquinns R8 ownership is that not to sound snobby but the language used in all of Gavquinns posts comes across as being writhen by a 16 year old.

Now let me say if you do own this R8 may I congratulate you on owning such a glorious piece of machinery, but if your lying may I just say what a sad, monkey raping, tosser you are. (not counted as personal abuse unless Gavquinn admits to not owning the R8 :pac:)

Now your the only person here who nows whats in your driveway so ill leave it at that

• Registered Users Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Can we move on from this debate?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭gavquinn

As i posted several times, I only have one picture. I'm a discerning motorist, but I don't care what phone I use - hence the poor quality picture :pac:

One guy said - "it looks like you were outside a house walking past"
    I said - "that's my house!" to which he replied - "that doesn't seem likely"

........... Well...... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

dsc01591zb0yh6.th.jpg

Not especially inspiring, but reasonably priced and should be reliable.

Nice to cruise in, but I miss my Turbo :(

R.O.R wrote: »
    dsc01591zb0yh6.th.jpg

Not especially inspiring, but reasonably priced and should be reliable.

Nice to cruise in, but I miss my Turbo :(

Hondas are good, the Intera type R please - black, no white wheels :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

not that i care either way if you have an R8 or not,but i will say this i find it unusual that you went outside your house closed the front door,stood outside the garden wall not in the open gate way but behind the wall and took what i would describe as a "take a quick snap of something before anyone one see's you" picture of YOUR car outside YOUR house.Also just for pig iron what is the other car in the driveway? we can see a corner of it in the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

heres mine its a 316 Msport

2510417073_6c6b3d435c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Chunky

PhaetonFrontRightDRLOn-1.jpg

PhaetonRearShot.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I am really dubious about that R8. Suppose a few more pics without any details or way of identifying the location would shut us all up......

Here is my baby.....Untitled.jpg
    DSC01006.jpg
    DSC01007.jpg
    sorry it was dark...but just went out and took a pic (its that easy gavquinn)

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

Sweet, have to say I love the idea and looks of the 335i. E36 M3 power with extra comfort and much better styling. The convertibles are quite nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

What's the rear leg room like Fitzgeme?

Legroom is good in the back.... six two friend of mine fits in just fine. Getting in and out is a bit awkward though. Really the back seats are for occasional use. Strict four seater due to the drivetrain running between the seats

• Advertisement

tossy wrote: »
    not that i care either way if you have an R8 or not,but i will say this i find it unusual that you went outside your house closed the front door,stood outside the garden wall not in the open gate way but behind the wall and took what i would describe as a "take a quick snap of something before anyone one see's you" picture of YOUR car outside YOUR house.Also just for pig iron what is the other car in the driveway? we can see a corner of it in the picture.

Wow, your reading into it WAAY too much, I was out with my neighbour in the garden, it's a small garden, the other car is a 97 A3, and i think the other one is a VW polo.

DETECTIVE

Put that head to better use

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

guys ...give it a rest now with the R8, it's getting tedious.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,621 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Wow, your reading into it WAAY too much, I was out with my neighbour in the garden, it's a small garden, the other car is a 97 A3, and i think the other one is a VW polo.

DETECTIVE

so the wife gets a 97 A3 (or Polo) and you get an 07 R8. You are becoming my hero!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭MarkN

Here is my baby.....[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i210/Paige CoolS Bumblebee/Untitled.jpg[/IMG]

Always loved those wheels !

You put a new set of rear tyres on it yet?

Curious what you get out of tank too - I've seen 380 kms - 470 kms depending on driving location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

thats a tidy 3 serise... not enough of them around.... :|

MarkN wrote: »
    Always loved those wheels !

You put a new set of rear tyres on it yet?

Curious what you get out of tank too - I've seen 380 kms - 470 kms depending on driving location.

No new rubber yet...feel a trip to germany coming up maybe after that. I see you got your new wheels in Duffys....did that work out well?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

DETECTIVE

Its your garden, surely you should know if its a Polo in there or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

give it a rest ...pleeeeze

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Sorry, i didnt see your previous post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Hi All,

This is my first post on boards.ie, so - Hello to Everyone!
    And here is my Baby - The Green Transporter Diesel:

97862767.eXxarUAg.300TD.jpg

Regards!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement