Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

You've gotta take that thing to a meet, I'd love to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

BMW 630i Sport

Your one looks happy anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

My new 330i

[URL][/url]image_zpsa09ace61.jpg

image_zpsc2d67ad5.jpg

I'll try and get some with a proper camera later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

CianRyan wrote: »
    You've gotta take that thing to a meet, I'd love to see it.

agreed would love to see this at a meet, the more Jap cars the better. They are a dying breed these days. Which reminds me I have something to put on the you tube tread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

agreed would love to see this at a meet, the more Jap cars the better. They are a dying breed these days. Which reminds me I have something to put on the you tube tread.

Blame the Japanese on that though. There is a hell of a lot BMW's in here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Blame the Japanese on that though.
    Blame it on the Irish govenment who's emmissions based tax wiped out the importing of anything remotely exciting. When was the last time you saw a new Impreza turbo on the road? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Blame the Japanese on that though. There is a hell of a lot BMW's in here though.

rwd , power, comfort and design that ages well.

qualities the japs have rarely been able to pull off since the 90s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

You left out reliability!.......oh wait a minute, the Germans don't do reliability!!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

+1
    I know if I were looking at a new older car from the early 00's, it is hard to look further than an e39, especially in m5 guise.

Apart from a few examples, the skyline, mx5 and a couple of others, there are not that many notable jap sportscars that can match the european counterparts imo.

Controversial, but it is just IMHO.

• Advertisement

Top Dog wrote: »
    Blame it on the Irish govenment who's emmissions based tax wiped out the importing of anything remotely exciting. When was the last time you saw a new Impreza turbo on the road? :(

Newest Impreza turbo I have seen were 2008 which is shame true.

Im just on about Japanese lack of sports cars these days compared to the 90's and early 00's no more Integras, no more Supras no more Celicas etc that and the Japanese seem to be way behind European counterparts in terms of getting emissions down. Looking forward to seeing what Honda do with the Type R though.

I know I have one ;). Design wise I think Honda are the only Jap company making cars I'd still drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

RX8, GT86 and although it's not RWD, R35 GT-R are the main ones that come to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

And they still dont have one important thing - FUN. Germans have no sense of humour or fun! :pac:

*Reliability shiet too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Newest Impreza turbo I have seen were 2008 which is shame true.

Really like the new shape impreza. Seen a 2013 one yesterday. A feckin diesel :(

Germans have no sense of humour or fun! :pac:]

Listen to some Rammstein, go through the lyrics and you will see how wrong you are ;)

Listen to some Rammstein, go through the lyrics and you will see how wrong you are ;)

Better yet go to Oktoberfest in Munich and see how wrong you are ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

2006 BMW 320d M Sport

weekaizer wrote: »
    2006 BMW 320d M Sport

Cheers you just helped me decide which reg plate surrounds to go for :).

*cough* *cough*

olqd.jpg

RX8, GT86 and although it's not RWD, R35 GT-R are the main ones that come to mind.

I'll add Z cars to that, and the new RX-7 that's planned, new NSX soon, rumours of a new S Chassis, Evo, MazdAlfa Mx-Spider.

There's a lot of good **** in Japan.

• Advertisement

Yeah they're a decent alternative to an "m" badge at least!. I haven't got any abuse about having them yet anyway!..

Yeah they're a decent alternative to an "m" badge at least!. I haven't got any abuse about having them yet anyway!..

Yeh I ordered them reg surrounds and a few other little small bits and pieces over the last couple of days :), our cars are almost identical in year and colour just a few little differences ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Those and the evo come to mind, still though subaru's move to diesels, lexus going after the hybrid segment, toyotas attempts at anything except the gt86 , theyve been letting the side down while bmw have been mopping up the big power i6/v8/v12 buyers

Yeh I ordered them reg surrounds and a few other little small bits and pieces over the last couple of days :), our cars are almost identical in year and colour just a few little differences ;).

Throw up a few pics when u get all bolted on!. In still seeking inspiration for what else to do with mine!

Throw up a few pics when u get all bolted on!. In still seeking inspiration for what else to do with mine!

Ah I wont be doing to much to it I wouldn't say just the little odd tweaks like change the dust caps, new reg surround, change the bulbs over the regs. Subtle little things. Also most importantly have an ipod connection on the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Another rear shot, this time from ford fair 2013. Sadly I wasn't there :(.

IMG_3039_zpsa43c01c6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Looks great

southpark-cum.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

My dads new Mazda 6. Its black, even though the reflection makes it look blue. Pic just after a foam wash, power wash and 2 bucket rinse.

IMAG0586.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Looks like a nice bus well wear with her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

My new 330i

I'll try and get some with a proper camera later.
    did you get that from a member off bmw-drivers? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement