Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Those 6's are an absolute beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Those 6's are an absolute beast.

First I've seen the one! Looks absolutely unreal, fair play to Mazda.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

They got it so right with the exterior styling but it kills me knowing that 99% of Irish ones won't have the decent interior. No leather, no sat nav, blank button spaces. :(

I've never seen any Irish 6's with a proper interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

CianRyan wrote: »
    They got it so right with the exterior styling but it kills me knowing that 99% of Irish ones won't have the decent interior. No leather, no sat nav, blank button spaces. :(

Yeh rare sight, the only one I ever seen with a nice interior was the MPS which they decided to drop sadly :(.

They had no choice, sadly. That beautiful engine just couldn't meet emissions standards.
    I'm hopeful though, Mazda have always been about making fun, different cars. They'll find a solution. :)

Either that or someone will transplant an engine. :p

• Advertisement

They had no choice, sadly. That beautiful engine just couldn't meet emissions standards.
    I'm hopeful though, Mazda have always been about making fun, different cars. They'll find a solution. :)

Either that or someone will transplant an engine. :p

Yeh but I was hopeful the would come up with something else.

Plus haven't they kept the 3MPS internationally? Just dropped in places like Ireland were well with the emissions based tax they would have probably sold big fat 0. But dropped the 6 MPS altogether.

Stupid emissions based tax :mad:, it really is going to get harder and harder to find anything other than diesel in the Irish market. Most people think have told me im nuts because of my car, everyone wants diesels these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

One blank switch behind the steering wheel...

20121103_154615.jpg
    IMAG0074.jpg

And that Pioneer Nav is actually what Mazda fit if you opted for one.

That is tasty looking silky smooth leather!
    Lovely to see a well specced car these days.

Is the 3MPS still going? A wild car by anyone's standards, I'd love one.

That is tasty looking silky smooth leather!
    Lovely to see a well specced car these days.

Sure is and not a bad looking car either. A friends boss had one in Oz said it was a great car to drive.

101012125166.jpg

There was a run out of the old model special edition lately. A new model would be nice - the new 3 looks like a little cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

and the new RX-7 that's planned, new NSX soon, rumours of a new S Chassis, Evo, MazdAlfa Mx-Spider.

There's a lot of good THEORETICAL **** in Japan.

Fixed :p

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I think Sat Nav and lane change assist are pretty much the only thing my dad didnt get. Oh, and door scuff guards, for some reason. Retrofit here we come. Ill take a pic later. Interior is quite a nice place to be.

I think Sat Nav and lane change assist are pretty much the only thing my dad didnt get. Oh, and door scuff guards, for some reason. Retrofit here we come. Ill take a pic later. Interior is quite a nice place to be.

To be honest lane assist is no great shakes. The blind spot monitoring is handy but the full lane assist would most likely be turned off fairly proto. My father has it on his car and it was turned on for a day as it beeps pretty much constantly. I reckon there'll be a way to upgrade the built in one in the new 6 soon enough if sat nav was required.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

That beautiful engine just couldn't meet emissions standards.

Beautiful??? It's about as refined as a bear wiping his arse with sandpaper after a dose of the trots!

There is still one for sale on carzone, 2007ish model It's the one with no steering wheel controls, no nothing being sold for about 30k and since it was never registered, it will be brand new for whoever buys it.

To be honest, it's fairly sale proof as it's a Mazda with no toys and will be €2100+ per year to tax!

Refined as a bears arse is how I like my engines. :p

Jesus, it woul have made a great buy had it been registered in 2007, but it's just not worth it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

<I was banned a day because I didn't read the thread title and quoted pics.>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

3MPS looks like a spaceship

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

C973FE39-14CA-45D3-8843-78FCBE817F42-22934-000025DA1A8CADE6_zps2b4c6b68.jpgA8F209D9-2E04-4C07-98F2-3831C19E4D78-22934-000025DA1321947F_zpscf33b7fb.jpg

S50B32 from the M3 Evo now all setup (ie new MAF and O2s) in an E34 Touring body.. So much fun to drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Matt Simis wrote: »

S50B32 from the M3 Evo now all setup (ie new MAF and O2s) in an E34 Touring body.. So much fun to drive.

So... when is the "soon" changing to "now" ;)

Max Power1 wrote: »
    So... when is the "soon" changing to "now" ;)

You can buy it anytime you want. :p
    VRT booked in tomorrow, Ill put it up forsale once thats sorted.

• Advertisement

You can buy it anytime you want. :p
    VRT booked in tomorrow, Ill put it up forsale once thats sorted.

It would be a case of "shut up and take my money" but unfortunately I have to be realistic!

Is she registered as a 525i still, or with the top end 3.2 tax? What would you be looking to ask for her? I need a couple of "interesting" classics as I mentioned earlier in this thread and an m3 powered 525i is a good start imo

Max Power1 wrote: »
    It would be a case of "shut up and take my money" but unfortunately I have to be realistic!

Is she registered as a 525i still, or with the top end 3.2 tax? What would you be looking to ask for her? I need a couple of "interesting" classics as I mentioned earlier in this thread and an m3 powered 525i is a good start imo

Lets not forget Boards Ltd. take a dim few of tax shenanigans, so the facts will be:

I'm registering the car as per the UK V5 tomorrow, which is of course as paper spec. Im then selling the car, asking around EUR4000, which was my cost price for the car + M3 engine + labour + VRT. Without VRT its EUR3000, as VRT is a grand.

I would need to sell it before end September, but not in any major rush beforehand.

Lets not forget Boards Ltd. take a dim few of tax shenanigans, so the facts will be:

asking around EUR4000, which was my cost price for the car + M3 engine + labour + VRT. Without VRT its EUR3000, as VRT is a grand.

I would need to sell it before end September, but not in any major rush beforehand.

Ok cool. My interest is concrete but depends upon my selling my golf first which is still in the mechanics.

If you havent sold her in the interim I would certainly like to revisit this thought train in a week or two :)

It's been a while

267932.JPG:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

If only it wasn't silver or a BMW it'd be a nice car....

:pac:

Gary ITR wrote: »

Could be worse...it could be a Honda!

Gary ITR wrote: »

Just needs some german font plates ;)

And of course a boards motors forum car of the year 2013 sticker! (which would be given to all e46 325i owners)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Could be worse...it could be a Honda!

Bet my Honda is faster :pac:

I'd bet on the Type R touring car. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Picked this up on Wednesday.....commercial.
    267972.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement