Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Why is the reg plate down there? I can see the recess for it in the middle?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

YbFocus wrote: »
    I can see the recess for it in the middle?

Nope. No, you can't. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Picked this up today. Standard spec, 2.2 diesel. Would like to see if there's a way to hook up my iPod through the AUX, but that's all I'm planning.

9667493522_de9229fcd4_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Well wear Eoin! If you find out about the aux in, tell me :)

Who else here has an fn2 a civic, I know Cinio has one too

They look way too odd for my liking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Theyre a thousand times nice than the new model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

The bora looks pretty damn cool, good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

New ones bloody awful with those bloated arches.

I guess that's true, but older Civic's are even better, and no, I'm not necessarily talking about the EK4's.
    The bora looks pretty damn cool, good work!

:)

GvidoR wrote: »
    They look way too odd for my liking.

Ah sure, a bonnet bra, massive wheels and relocated numberplate and it'd be grand :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

You forgot knackered clutch from the mahoosive wheels

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Ah sure, a bonnet bra, massive wheels and relocated numberplate and it'd be grand :D

Not quite the point I was trying to make. Anyone can drive whatever they want, and not everyone likes the same things.

In my case, I don't like bubbly and curvy cars, I'd much rather have something boxy. Also, I don't like driving what everyone else has. In a way, Bora was not that good of a buy since everyone seems to be driving them. You notice the same cars as your own only when you buy them. I'm thinking to do a Gora conversion. That would also mean getting rid of the bonnet bra.

I've never seen a Gora, I've seen a few Bolfs alright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Genuine question,

What's the point of protecting a bonnet lip from chips if you never see the bonnet lip because it's under a bonnet bra,

Isn't that like putting on a load of make-up only to put a paper bag over your head....just in case?

No offense intended, but they ain't my thing.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I've never seen a Gora, I've seen a few Bolfs alright

If I make it Gora, then you'll see one. :)
    Killinator wrote: »
    Genuine question,

What's the point of protecting a bonnet lip from chips if you never see the bonnet lip because it's under a bonnet bra,

Isn't that like putting on a load of make-up only to put a paper bag over your head....just in case?

No offense intended, but they ain't my thing.

I'm pretty sure it (helps) stops stones from coming further up the bonnet too, that's what the flaps are there for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I'd prefer a clear wrap instead but each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Feel like I haven't put up any pictures of my car in ages, Not much has changed since whenever that was. Anyhooo

574DFA5EBFE7479F9C8DDB13ED903AFE-0000363222-0003358174-01024L-EB5073605CE640468F476027ED9DEA13.jpg

DC6BF9020AFC4B9DB1CE757DE37111C3-0000363222-0003358173-01024L-6852FF3B29FB4E8DAB0B60429C75EB86.jpg

4F5D208F0CA94D6E805B8D4801380E61-0000363222-0003358172-01024L-3086C6EE26C843A9ABEF98EADB17B93B.jpg

Here's a wheel that I refurbed, Not perfect but a lot better than it was so I'm happy :)
    B5FF5A5E84AC426BADD648F3F33BF643-0000363222-0003358175-01024L-11CBD4716C904260BEB2E75584A1347F.jpg

And here's a wheel that I'm in the middle of refurbing. All the paint is striped off because the corrosion was so widespread under it it is the only way I can get the new paint something to bond to. The two back wheels are like this at the moment.
    AD11A07A754C42559782ACB0C9B0A977-0000363222-0003358171-01024L-87FC02FB1EE24435916A95C358C55485.jpg

As to the stone chips thing.

Lowering your car will mean more stone chips than anything else you can do to it.

My bonnet was fine until i lowered my car now it has some chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

As to the stone chips thing.

Lowering your car will mean more stone chips than anything else you can do to it.

My bonnet was fine until i lowered my car now it has some chips.

Any dark metallic car I've had were riddled with chips in no time. I've had 2 white cars now and in 50k kms I don't have a single one. Strange but true!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I guess that's true, but older Civic's are even better, and no, I'm not necessarily talking about the EK4's.

To each their own. I like the looks and love the dash. I wouldn't go near any of the older versions of the civic myself.

• Advertisement

Eoin wrote: »
    To each their own. I like the looks and love the dash. I wouldn't go near any of the older versions of the civic myself.

That's the point I was trying to get across but it seems like most of the posters here have a very similar taste and bash on anything that is any different. Oh well, I guess that's the interwebz for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

That's the point I was trying to get across but it seems like most of the posters here have a very similar taste and bash on anything that is any different. Oh well, I guess that's the interwebz for ya.

Just because something is different i.e your number plate, doesn't make it nice or improve what was there beforehand. Personally I think it looks silly but that's just IMO and I drive a car that has the number plate on the side of it.

Don't take it personally it's merely people's differing opinions however with respect to your car, many on here seem to share the same opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

At least scars look cool on car!

Chicks dig scars

CIMG1250.jpg

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Chicks dig scars

CIMG1250.jpg

Solid folding method

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Solid folding method

I'm male, wash, dry and stuff into wardrobe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Years ago outside the Lidl in Ardee (hai) I remember seeing a Gora (Golf fronted yes?)

Well I completely pissed myself laughing. It was like married cousins; yes you can but completely wrong.....

Other way round looks grand though

I see donedeal have a 'see all ads from this seller' feature now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Eoin wrote: »
    Picked this up today. Standard spec, 2.2 diesel. Would like to see if there's a way to hook up my iPod through the AUX, but that's all I'm planning.

Very nice: I have one in the same colour. Great car but chews up clutches. As for the iPod, check out the Xcarlink; it's supposed to be pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Whoa, back to the pictures of cars, lads!

We know where the chat thread is :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭cabb8ge

You forgot knackered clutch from the mahoosive wheels

:confused:

can you provide further detail on how large wheels effect clutch?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement