Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

There really is a wealth of info on here, I'm not great at the cleaning end of the scale. Only learning and that info is great from all of you.

I read the detailing threads but don't know what most of it is, I just polish and wax her regularly :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Scortho wrote: »
    Better advice than mine anyway....:pac:

Yours wasn't bad at all, it's just that with the amount of crap baked onto his exhausts, it would all clump up in the steel wool.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Not actually my car (mothers), but it cleans up well. 535D Touring MSport with Panoramic Roof and all the trimmings:

4BA8E4B7-677E-44B7-BD0A-BDF7F338BB1A-39834-000043FAC1E60C61_zps5787deb5.jpg
    66D2CD0A-3DA1-4B60-9D99-D9247EAE9465-39834-000043FACCD3AA21_zpseed62b99.jpg

My 850CSi, whatever way the shadows are on the bonnet its making the engine bulge look huge and defined:
    7B25DF3C-2AC7-45DD-87A4-C35C11472094-39834-000043FAB5A711DB_zpsbe8c07ba.jpg

2 beauties there, loving the 850 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Not actually my car (mothers), but it cleans up well. 535D Touring MSport with Panoramic Roof and all the trimmings:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/mattsimis/hosted/4BA8E4B7-677E-44B7-BD0A-BDF7F338BB1A-39834-000043FAC1E60C61_zps5787deb5.jpg

As lovely as the car is, if I'm being honest, I'm more impressed with the dog, the real star of that picture. ;)

• Advertisement

As lovely as the car is, if I'm being honest, I'm more impressed with the dog, the real star of that picture. ;)

Have I mentioned I'm rehoming one, similar but with blue eyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'd love to give your Shepard a home but my dad is secretly afraid of big dogs, she looks like a beauty (they both do, and the ones that have already been rehomed). Hope they find good homes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Have I mentioned I'm rehoming one, similar but with blue eyes!

Talk about dangling a carrot in front of a donkey, but unfortunately I've no room in my life for such a companion at this time. I'll be moving to a new abode next week and the rules specifically state that pets are not allowed. :(

In fact, I'm not even allowed have my car there. :eek:

Sorry for going slightly completely OT.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

What ever is in line with the front wheel of that Yaris? In the first picture makes it look like it has seriously dished wheels!

What ever is in line with the front wheel of that Yaris? In the first picture makes it look like it has seriously dished wheels!

Piece of board as the other dog (not photo'ed) has a penchant for eating plastic trim...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

My first car. Not very exciting compared to some of the rare beauties on here, but I was delighted to get my hands on her.
    2mm5zkh.jpg

edit: hmm, picture hosting site seems to be goosed. I'll try again.
    re: edit: done.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I'd wager that's a swimmer - am I right?

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I'd wager that's a swimmer - am I right?

What's a swimmer?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

What's a swimmer?

swimmer.jpg

Only kidding, UK import. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Irish

MCMLXXV wrote: »

Only kidding, UK import. ;)

Ah, I see now. It's not actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Thats a really nice 1st car Oregano state, is it diesel ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

do you get people come in off the road asking if you have such and such a part and if you are prepared to sell that part etc?

The very odd time..... And usually I have what they're after! :eek: :p Strangely it's never the Fiats but a mix of the German stuff? :confused:

Anyone looking for scrap/buy the cars etc is very politely told to rev up and FO :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

dgt wrote: »
    The very odd time..... And usually I have what they're after! :eek: :p Strangely it's never the Fiats but a mix of the German stuff? :confused:

Anyone looking for scrap/buy the cars etc is very politely told to rev up and FO :cool:

I can see it now.....

"I say my good sir but we do not wish to part with our mechanical propulsion contraptions, in order to fund your illicit partaking, so with that I bid thee good day sir! and if you cease to stop the constabulary will be called upon!"

:pac:

Or in navan speak

Ah heyor! **** off ya big *****y ***** or I'll **** ***** you and that ***** so far up your ****** you won't know what you're ******* out yer ****

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

^^^^^^^^^^

I've a pain in me side now :D:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

You had me at

Ah Heyor.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

My swimmer ;) Keep comparing the feeling of all speedbumps and pot holes to the GP - no comparison, it's so nice to drive!

Sdc3wOj.jpg

@DGT, what's the Navan tax office be like? I have to manually tax the car up there this week, does it be mental?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Do you want to buy it in 3 months :pac:
    What did you pay for that? I bought a CLK230 a few weeks ago, put it though the test and failed on minor stuff :)
    Only if I take that hairdresser job :pac:

If you look outside the hairdressers on Nutgrove Avenue you'll see a silver e46 that belongs to one of the ladies working there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Gary ITR wrote: »
    What did you pay for that? I bought a CLK230 a few weeks ago, put it though the test and failed on minor stuff :)

€800, I think that was a good deal :) I couldn't fault it mechanically at all over the last few days, everything just works as it should:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    €800, I think that was a good deal :) I couldn't fault it mechanically at all over the last few days, everything just works as it should:)

I saw one cheap then held out for auto and leather and found the one I bought even cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

@advertsfox, looks great well kept anyway!! Should've held onto the GP, traitor :p Oh and about the Navan tax office whenever I've been there it's been absolutely jammed. I'd recommend online if you could.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

rizzee wrote: »
    @advertsfox, looks great well kept anyway!! Should've held onto the GP, traitor :p Oh and about the Navan tax office whenever I've been there it's been absolutely jammed. I'd recommend online if you could.
    Cheers dude, I'd love a 1.4T GP just for fun - maybe when I'm 50 and have all my money to myself :P

Ahhh balls, no choice I'm afraid - the car is in my name but when I go online it prompts me to contact the tax office (no engine size shows up) so has to be done.

PS: Here do you want the black fog lamps I have? I know they aren't OEM but will look the business on your car, even if you do have to fit them "manually".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

Would be the business alright :D

Unlucky, such time and effort!! I'd recommend being there before it opens and wait at the door, ive been there with 40+ people ahead of me and its torture (especially back in that heatwave jesus!!)

No way, that would be brilliant man! Appreciate it, i'll have a couple of dollars the weekend can pop up to you then if you want :D

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭aristotle25

YbFocus wrote: »

What style of alloys are they? Look good.

• Advertisement

What style of alloys are they? Look good.
    Don't like them man, trying to generate a bit of spare money to change them :)
    They are BMW M6 wheels, these...

m1aOmRJtPJJCge9SRqjzTZg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement