Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

1960-Morris-Minor-custom-ggr.jpg

Ok then this is what I meant, this is what I call a motor,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

mcwhirter wrote: »
    1960-Morris-Minor-custom-ggr.jpg

Ok then this is what I meant, this is what I call a motor,

It's not yours though, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

mcwhirter wrote: »
    Why?

Because it's the purpose of the thread? It's not that hard a title to comprehend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Just took delivery of this car last week, its our holiday car. Ford Edge, 3.5L and 265bhp.

newmt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

07EXPL_tease.jpg

Getting one of these in two weeks time. A Ford Explorer 4L petrol:eek: Will be driving from SF to LA along route 1 (if the whole place has not burned down by then:p)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Truck

YA52FGG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

07EXPL_tease.jpg

Getting one of these in two weeks time. A Ford Explorer 4L petrol:eek: Will be driving from SF to LA along route 1 (if the whole place has not burned down by then:p)

I drove one 2 weeks ago along this route, we stopped in Santa barbara though. The auto is **** on it so you're better off using the tiptronic.. My cars in my sig but can't link to it as I'm on an iPhone and too lazy!! Hope you enjoy the drive on route 101!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

Funxy wrote: »
    Tvr Sagaris

tvr1jb3.jpg

Mondello shots taken by the excellent photographers at the track days!

What a beauty .. you must get some looks driving that:)

Is that a custom paint job ?

How is this car in the wet , I hear they can be abit of a handful without traction control ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Funxy wrote: »
    Tvr Sagaris

Mondello shots taken by the excellent photographers at the track days!

Very very cool car. Came up deadly after detailer did it.

No Diablo shots..? :cool:
    Truck wrote: »
    YA52FGG.jpg

Was this parked up in the blanchardstown center the other day? Its a long shot I know, afterall there isn't very much A3's with RS4 wheels around at all :rolleyes: But this one was black, UK/NI reg, RS4 wheels. Looked nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

car.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

100_3329.JPG

100_3330.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭matt cork

no exotica here i'm afraid, my blue essex chariot

ford1.jpg

ford2-1.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Some clown ran a stop sign. :(

crash.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

ah jaysus. hope u got the clown's details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Don't worry, he'll be easy to find; he's wearing a ton of make-up and giant clown shoes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Don't worry, he'll be easy to find; he's wearing a ton of make-up and giant clown shoes :p

The shoes are probably why he couldn't hit the brake pedal properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Still the run around!
    Something good coming...soon...soon!

clioeu0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭poreilly101

The weekend run around

PICT0001-7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

DSC00072.jpg

my weekend chariot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

sweeeeet bus onkle!

• Advertisement

tossy wrote: »
    sweeeeet bus onkle!

Thanks Tossy, she still needs a fair amount of work though. There's a thread dedicated to her in the Classic Car section

Onkle wrote: »
    Thanks Tossy, she still needs a fair amount of work though. There's a thread dedicated to her in the Classic Car section

i don't know how you stand on keeping them original ornot,but i would definitely bring it closer to earth! did you see the piece on 5th gear recently? tiff did a lap in a standard mk2 GTI and then the brought it off to get re bored,lowered and fit a brake upgrade,then he did a lap again,i think the difference was 3 or 4 secs!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

82789022sc5.jpg
    w640.png

i don't know how you stand on keeping them original ornot,but i would definitely bring it closer to earth! did you see the piece on 5th gear recently? tiff did a lap in a standard mk2 GTI and then the brought it off to get re bored,lowered and fit a brake upgrade,then he did a lap again,i think the difference was 3 or 4 secs!

Want to keep it as original as possible.... but a set of coilovers are very high up the wanted list. I'm not gonna buy a set just for the sake of it, gonna wait till I have the cash to buy a quality set (Bilstein/koni)

Want to keep it as original as possible.... but a set of coilovers are very high up the wanted list. I'm not gonna buy a set just for the sake of it, gonna wait till I have the cash to buy a quality set (Bilstein/koni)

Good plan! it will make the world of difference to the ride,even if you don't decide to lower it by much,i just realised this is the same mk2 that was parked beside me in clane on sunday,sorry im not on the ball at all here distracted in work! i gave it the once over on sunday i love mk2's even more than mk1's but don't ttell the rest of them that :D

Good plan! it will make the world of difference to the ride,even if you don't decide to lower it by much,i just realised this is the same mk2 that was parked beside me in clane on sunday,sorry im not on the ball at all here distracted in work! i gave it the once over on sunday i love mk2's even more than mk1's but don't ttell the rest of them that :D

LOL... Was that you in the Bora? With the Brakes bigger than the universe?

yeah that was me,was i talking to you? there are few new faces around so im slow catching up.

yeah that was me,was i talking to you? there are few new faces around so im slow catching up.

No I wasn't chatting with ya. I'm new to the Vag meets so I didn't get to talk to everybody. Chat with ya at the next one though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Want to keep it as original as possible

Please, please, please stick to your promise.

The originality of those older cars is what makes them so thrilling. They have a character and personality modern cars lack. Yes modern cars are better in so many ways but the thrill, character and personality is definately not there in a lot of modern cars, especially with white good diesel engines that an ever increasing number of cars have. I don't care what anyone says but the reliability is not there any more, and these days when things go wrong they usually cost a small fortune to put right.

Having said that, the Top Gear thing about changing the oily bits nobody can see to more modern items but leaving all the visuals completely original has merit too, but I know it's something I'd never do.

To me, originality is the name of the game with a classic car.

• Advertisement

No I wasn't chatting with ya. I'm new to the Vag meets so I didn't get to talk to everybody. Chat with ya at the next one though

will do!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement