Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Feck that craic, leave an OTT CD in there to really freak the new owner out!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,453 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I test drove a brava in 00 and Elastica 2:1 (from trainspotting) came on the radio. That song was used on the tv ad for the bravo/a, saw it as a good sign and bought it.
    (Turned out to not be a great idea but that's another story)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Nixer Jim

My first car came with a hole in the boot, the passengers footwell, some very dubious brakes and a need for constant carb tuning. I wouldn't mind if that was 1948 but it wasn't , its was 1993 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Nixer Jim wrote: »
    My first car came with a hole in the boot, the passengers footwell, some very dubious brakes and a need for constant carb tuning. I wouldn't mind if that was 1948 but it wasn't , its was 1993 :eek:

Did you not test drive it, or even inspect the car before you bought it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Nixer Jim

Did you not test drive it, or even inspect the car before you bought it?

Nope. One of the lads asked me did I have 40 quid and it just so happened I did. 2 minutes later I was the proud owner of a 1978 Mini 1000. That was all that was needed for car ownership :D

• Advertisement

Nixer Jim wrote: »
    Nope. One of the lads asked me did I have 40 quid and it just so happened I did. 2 minutes later I was the proud owner of a 1978 Mini 1000. That was all that was needed for car ownership :D

Gone are the good oul days. NCT has this country ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Found certain blue tablets under the seat of a car we bought, with the owners name stamped on them.......

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Anyone leaving CDs in cars and not having this as the only track is seriously missing a trick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Thats a friggin great idea, 12 tracks, all Rick Astley. We are getting off topic so another quick pic from today.

car3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

OSI wrote: »
    Go on..... I'm half thinking of one of these myself. What put you off?

Sorry about the delay replying.
    it came down to a few main things
    1) it felt cheep/shoddy inside particularly the button for opening the glove box
    2) it didn't feel as comfortable as i thought it would on back roads
    3) its quite snug inside
    4) dipped beams were awful [could be set wrong] but there self leveling so....

The 2 cars i was comparing it to are a 09 Audi A6 S-Line and a 10 Skoda Superb far better cars IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

Honestly I'm surprised that the Superb was better, the Jag is a bit of a false economy so. It's unfortunate because it's such a nice car to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

The loan car I had during the week had a CD in it titled "Hurlin'".

Silver Focus by any chance? Think I had the same replacement car a few weeks ago, certainly had the same cd in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Silver Focus by any chance? Think I had the same replacement car a few weeks ago, certainly had the same cd in it...

Yep :D

As generic as hurlers and their tastes can be, I doubt this is a coincidence!

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Eh, what's wrong with the Foos dude? Fcukin cracking band. ;)

Absolutely nothing wrong with them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Probably won't use the Kahns I got so I bought genuine 18" Skoda Neptunes with Continental Sport Contact 2s.

B7C00DC0-22E8-4B0B-A8A4-41DCE3CDB920_zpsihkb8fg0.jpg

Must wash the car and get better pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Probably won't use the Kahns I got so I bought genuine 18" Skoda Neptunes with Continental Sport Contact 2s.

IG]

Must wash the car and get better pictures.
    What level tints do you have on the front if you mind me asking? Do they make much difference to vision at night. Interested in doing this myself.

Days 298 wrote: »
    What level tints do you have on the front if you mind me asking? Do they make much difference to vision at night. Interested in doing this myself.

I had tints in the front of my old Honda Civic a few years ago, don't know what level they were but they were dark. Made no difference to visability day or night.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Days 298 wrote: »

I'm not too sure what level as they were on the car when I bought it, I'd say 30% or 15%. They make a tiny bit of difference to vision at night but I like the tints. Will take them off for the NCT and get someone to put them back on afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Mmmmmmm
    11972900643_f6eea65c87_b.jpg

Probably the only time I'll get all 3 somewhat into one photo :) no the E34 isn't going green :)
    11972917633_b20d19b134_b.jpg
    11973419576_85d2426dca_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

ta5iu3Zl.jpg

gkUZV2Kl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

1506801_781095068571689_925231636_n.jpg?oh=795e3a498b98b1f1924450f648782063&oe=52D9ACBD

?ui=2&ik=ca11e66ff8&view=fimg&th=1439ab331426d94a&attid=0.3&disp=inline&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ_zqK6VDyZAmeJNNVx3saWNj9FHNXqxD6GWFrP0ffTIsmECJrBN3zbk48y0vugFeJT5lMgI8Z6Rc8NqvFXq1qfs6BjEKmVjlC8-2NFPjErZU2bl8MH8_AqgaPQ&ats=1389869879066&rm=1439ab331426d94a&zw&sz=w1168-h508

64543_781095075238355_2137027251_n.jpg?oh=4b786ce74471778b785d330a0e755c1e&oe=52D94187

Got this for going in and out of work. Automatic, Only 30000miles, all electrics, A/C. Great on fuel. She will only be doing about 30km a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Two nice cars there lads, loving Colts lately.
    I'll link to a really nice build later, on my phone now so I'm not arsed looking for it. :p

Needs MIVEC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

tumblr_mzeps6IJ5H1rk3go9o1_1280.jpg

Decided today that I'm going to hang onto it for another year. This picture taken after its last wash back in November is part of the reason why I'm keeping it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

That's what i said until the right car popped up a week later. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

That's what i said until the right car popped up a week later. :)

My solution for this is to prohibit myself from looking on CarZone, DoneDeal, Pistonheads, Autotrader and UsedCarsNI. I'm not sure what other websites there are but I'll have to manage :p

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    My solution for this is to prohibit myself from looking on CarZone, DoneDeal, Pistonheads, Autotrader and UsedCarsNI. I'm not sure what other websites there are but I'll have to manage :p

I couldn't manage that, I haven't 2 cents to rub together but still need my daily done deal fix. SO ADDICTIVE, there should be a support group or motors forum to discuss the problem :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

maceocc2 wrote: »
    I couldn't manage that, I haven't 2 cents to rub together but still need my daily done deal fix. SO ADDICTIVE, there should be a support group or motors forum to discuss the problem :pac:

When my girlfriend catches me looking, she gets angry.

"Are you planning on buying another at or something?!" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

In fairness what has she to be getting angry about it's your money :)

In fairness what has she to be getting angry about it's your money :)

Spoken like a true single man :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Spoken like a true single man :pac:

Feck you my mammy loves me !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement