Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Yes I have 3 currently, the e60 which I'm trying to sell, the truck and the heap of **** carina!
    When I sell the BM I'm thinking either something like an RX8, an older v12 bm/jag, or maybe another american v8 - but a big block 454/455 this time.

Like this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oldsmobile-Eighty-Eight-Holiday-1967-oldsmobile-cutlass-delta-88-2-door-fast-back-big-block-425-/281249649040?forcerrptr=true&hash=item417bc91190&item=281249649040&pt=US_Cars_Trucks#ht_253wt_1027

Out of curiosity, how much would all that cost? If you went for the American V8.
    Travel, freight costs etc? Would sourcing it in the EU not make more sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

the heap of **** carina!

A while ago it was the best thing on 4 wheels and you were praising the bejaysus out of it. Now it's a heap of **** :confused:
    yop wrote: »
    I'm wondering if she gets up close and personal with that gear stick........ ;)

I'd say it was a guy who owned it beforehand :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

bear1 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, how much would all that cost? If you went for the American V8.
    Travel, freight costs etc? Would sourcing it in the EU not make more sense?

It would make sense but US stuff inside the EU is a hell of a lot more expensive.
    I'm looking at this now for instance http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-F-350-DIESEL-CREWCAB-DUALLY-/261376253913?&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&maxbid=2500&autorefresh=true#ht_82wt_1027

which would cost easily triple that here/uk.
    A while ago it was the best thing on 4 wheels and you were praising the bejaysus out of it. Now it's a heap of **** :confused:
    I still love it though, it's a loveable dependable rustbucket piece of ****.

I was looking at mobile.de at American cars, most notably a (I think) '68 GTO - a good one seems to be going for 10k min.
    But classic tax/insurance and NCT exempt is a good reason to buy one :D
    Lovely drive back home then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,172 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Mother of Christ...the F****** size of it!!!

445-inch Powerstroke. HELL yeah. That'd pull the Cork-Dublin Intercity. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Mother of Christ...the F****** size of it!!!
    Yeah, I was looking at one in Ireland before, but it can't be driven on a car license here so I had to abandon the deal.

Now I'm in the process of getting a C license.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Haven't taken photos of the car in a long long time - so I thought I'd take a few in unfamiliar surroundings...and a chance to dick around with a DSLR

3yrq.jpg

l5vw.jpg

4er9.jpg

9owb.jpg

ha2r.jpg

uu3e.jpg

om2k.jpg

zbgj.jpg

4rxn.jpg

5t7x.jpg

1y15.jpg

92h7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

Seen a lovely twincam tonight, Fairly sure it was an 86 reg, orange and black in colour in the gorey/courtown harbour area, anyone know it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

Bought my first car on Saturday. I've got to wait a week for it to go through the NCT before I can pick it up though. 2008 1.8F SE Lux model, which will be a bit thirsty, but I wouldn't see diesel savings for at least two years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Well wear sir, very nice first car indeed and fair play seeing past the daysel craze (if you don't need it) :) My dad had an S40 before, very comfy and lots of buttons!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

Spent about an hour on the car this morning. First clean up since Christmas

2e500w2.jpg

aktzqh.jpg

11w6cgp.jpg

n67za9.jpg

5aq3wx.jpg

raxgr5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Now that is a step up from the Vectra!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I love the newer shape alfas they just look so class and really stand out. well wear. I'd imagine you can't wait to collect it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

very nice car!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

advertsfox wrote: »
    Well wear sir, very nice first car indeed and fair play seeing past the daysel craze (if you don't need it) :) My dad had an S40 before, very comfy and lots of buttons!

Thanks! I waited long enough to be able to afford it, so I thought I'd get something decent. Not everyone's cup of tea, I know, but it's really comfortable and has plenty of extras. Bluetooth would have been nice, but I think I can modify an 3.5mm cable so that my phone will interrupt the radio but the microphone will still work.

Loads of people telling me to get a diesel since "it's cheaper", but no one had any figures to prove me wrong. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Loads of people telling me to get a diesel since "it's cheaper", but no one had any figures to prove me wrong. :pac:

Your Volvo looks great.
    The amount of people whos jaw drops when I tell them I bought a petrol. One chap even told me I was a stupid bastard to my face after a few drinks.

Enjoy your clapped out diesel x-trail buddy, on it's third gearbox to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Not as stupid as the insurance guy from Axa who offered me 2k for my 325 at first

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Woot, must be standard practice to low-ball the hell out of claimants, I take it you got more? How did you argue the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

no alfa??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Yea, yea, I know I parked like an ass... :D

...and no, the car on the left is not mine

StmvEEol.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

GvidoR wrote: »
    Yea, yea, I know I parked like an ass... :D

...and no, the car on the left is not mine

*image*

How did that car pass an nct? Not yours the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

How did that car pass an nct? Not yours the other one.

Definitely pre 1980, doesn't need one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

CianRyan wrote: »
    Definitely pre 1980, doesn't need one.

Made up to 1989 ;)

Where a bouts is that GvidoR?

Carrick-on-Shannon

• Registered Users Posts: 73,453 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You should give those wiper arms a shot of matte black. Would really freshen it up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You should give those wiper arms a shot of matte black. Would really freshen it up

+1

Took years off the front of my Almera.

colm_mcm wrote: »

It was on my to-do list already.

Dafuq is that car??? Old Toyota?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

bear1 wrote: »
    Dafuq is that car??? Old Toyota?

Fiat X1/9

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement