Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Always change directions each time you mow the lawn or you end up with one like CHP's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

YbFocus wrote: »
    Always change directions each time you mow the lawn or you end up with one like CHP's :D

Years ago mowers had rollers at the back that gave a really nice effect when doing it up and down. Never see that any more so makes feck all difference these days. :(

New Spot LED's :)

292051.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

They're very pwetty :P Love that orange stripe light on the 5 series. Sets them apart at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Beginning to get somewhere with the E36 resto -

img_8436.jpg

• Advertisement

They're very pwetty :P Love that orange stripe light on the 5 series. Sets them apart at night.

Absolutely love them too :) Very bright too at night, you can see it off the ditch alongside you!

Absolutely love them too :) Very bright too at night, you can see it off the ditch alongside you!

One of the few things I like about the E60 - sorry! :o

Big Nasty wrote: »
    One of the few things I like about the E60 - sorry! :o

Ha ha there is a real love hate thing with them alright Big N :)
    No need for the sorry, everyone has got their opinions :)
    My favorite thing about them is the body line that runs around the whole car through the headlights and taillights, think it was a lovely feature!

Ha ha there is a real love hate thing with them alright Big N :)
    No need for the sorry, everyone has got their opinions :)
    My favorite thing about them is the body line that runs around the whole car through the headlights and taillights, think it was a lovely feature!

It's pretty typical of Bimmer drivers to dislike the current model nearly until it's at the end of its generation but I think the E60 and especially he E65/66 went way off the mark. The newer F series are more on track IMO.

That said, when it's time to change the E39 I'll probably run with an E60 as there's very little else out there in that league that would interest me in the least.

Big Nasty wrote: »
    It's pretty typical of Bimmer drivers to dislike the current model nearly until it's at the end of its generation but I think the E60 and especially he E65/66 went way off the mark. The newer F series are more on track IMO.

That said, when it's time to change the E39 I'll probably run with an E60 as there's very little else out there in that league that would interest me in the least.

I liked the 65 :)

And for some reason I don't like the f10! If I was to change soon I would be lost as to what I'd want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

With a lot of BMWs, it's all about the wheels. Dunno if it's more so with BMW than other brands, but a lot of them look absolute dirt in non-sport guise or without big wheels.

Even the newer A4s look quite smart with basic 17"s. But an E60 in SE spec looks beyond awful.

With a lot of BMWs, it's all about the wheels. Dunno if it's more so with BMW than other brands, but a lot of them look absolute dirt in non-sport guise or without big wheels.

Even the newer A4s look quite smart with basic 17"s. But an E60 in SE spec looks beyond awful.

Very true but not just the wheels. The right indicator lenses make so much difference! ;)

That's a bit of a kick in the face :(

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Myself and the buddy showing that staying stock can look soo cool. The lad with the Glanza is a wheelchair user so the fact that hes runs a turbo-charged hot hatch with a hand controlled accelerator and brake takes serious commitment.

12289619394_5c5785b3ee_c.jpg

12289758536_586b9126cd_c.jpg

That's a bit of a kick in the face :(

When I say SE, I meant a real old one with these specific wheels. *shudders*

Some final prep of the E38 before she goes up for sale, tomorrow no doubt. Sad times. :o

IMG_18561_zps4f1b0d95.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Excellent shot. :)

Stairway to heaven!

Infuriates me that I have to sell it. Not a chance i'm paying €2000 a year to drive it the odd day. I have the space, just can't justify the cost. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

Sad times indeed, great pic, put a link in the luxobarge thread when you have it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Not actually mine, but my dads new car, Lexus IS300H F-Sport:

20140202_140227_resized_1_zpsaffea7e7.jpg

20140202_140201_resized_1_zps64a32cd5.jpg

He is very happy with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Nice car until you get to the front bumper......it looks absolutely awful :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Great photo's there on the last page.

Cian, what do those Glanza's drive like? I had a regular Starlet way back in the day and it was a grand run about.

Jesus. wrote: »
    Great photo's there on the last page.

Cian, what do those Glanza's drive like? I had a regular Starlet way back in the day and it was a grand run about.

Wouldn't have a clue as I've never driven one. The GTi Corolla is mine and she's a sweet yoke to drive

Chaved up my 540i a bit more. If it wasnt for the Bilstein shocks + Eibach sports, it would have rammed the wheels into the wheel arch. So far, despite 5mm clearance it hasnt rubbed (on the rear, fronts fine).

20140204_181401_zpsd6wj5tfx.jpg~original
    20140204_180756_zpsnehzlfzk.jpg~original

Got MAF, Injectors and O2 Sensors on the way. Already remapped to 320bhp but IMO could do with these core components being changed (285k KM on it). Next oil change Ill take off the sump and fix the no doubt about-to-fall-off Oil pump common on these M60 V8 engines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Chaved up my 540i a bit more. ...

Love the car but hate the wheels. Ruin the car imo. Sorry! E34's are getting rare unfortunately as they have aged very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

renofan wrote: »
    Love the car but hate the wheels. Ruin the car imo. Sorry! E34's are getting rare unfortunately as they have aged very well.

Ditto.
    That car would look much better on a set of stock alloys from the time, or alternatively a nice set of m-paras.
    Nice car all the same.

renofan wrote: »
    Ditto.
    That car would look much better on a set of stock alloys from the time, or alternatively a nice set of m-paras.
    Nice car all the same.
    Oh I know, but still. :)
    Nah, too boring! This is to throw around the place and have fun. I have the 850CSi for somewhat more period correctness. E34s are really quite common here and mostly driven by boy racer types.. dont have much of a classic cachet as is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

CianDon wrote: »
    The GTi Corolla is mine and she's a sweet yoke to drive

What model and engine is it? I'd say they're fairly nippy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Rota GTR's? Odd choice for a 5er alright, I like it though. Especially as it's pissing off the fanbois. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

CianRyan wrote: »
    Rota GTR's? Odd choice for a 5er alright, I like it though. Especially as it's pissing off goodtaste . :D

fixed lol

• Advertisement

Jesus. wrote: »
    What model and engine is it? I'd say they're fairly nippy

Shes the AE92 model Corolla. Engine wise, its running the 4AGE 16v 1.6 which is the same as the Twincam's but mine came after the update to the higer torque system so it has a grand pull right through the rev range. Driving is sweet once you keep the revs up as it has no issue going to 7500 or 8000 so in traffic at 1500/2000 can be a handfull

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement