Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

Have an exact model of that dodge viper at home, wheels colour etc.

It's almost in my 10 car garage, love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Daytime pics

1656138_707073335979991_883816233_n.jpg

1795506_707073352646656_86750551_n.jpg

1800179_707073392646652_616460775_n.jpg

10006965_707073422646649_682970674_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Just picked this Levin bz-r up at the weekend. Normally I wouldn't go for a white car but when I seen it in the flesh it was so clean I had to buy it! May be a bit 'bot racery' for some, but what a car to drive.

This example was very well maintained by the previous owner who had it 5 years. Very tight and solid on the road, spotless bodywork... (lots of dogs out there, too many owners and not cared for, raged around by young fellas with no money to maintain them properly)

Haven't got round to giving her a clean yet, but here's a few pics...

lIYeCwm.jpg

7CYBsgP.jpg

hgDJ1kE.jpg

jalbdcx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

So beautiful. ;)

• Advertisement

Nice one! Looks clean.
    Best of luck with her!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

@Sobanek - I guess you'll be having a nice road trip to PL soon enough with it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Is that Ded Zebra's old levin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

I thought the same, but I don't think it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Ok so, either way - well wear with her she looks well :)

• Advertisement

Cheers lads. Any of ye owned / driven one? Very nice to drive if there in good nick. Defiantly a drivers car.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Lovely car Sobanek! Any idea why it was towed and when?

Was looking back though this thread and Ded Zebra has a pic of his similar white Levin taken in the exact same car park a few months back, literally about 10ft away from where I took mine... haha. Its on page 533. Weird coincidence! Great minds think alike :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

DZ's was also a BZ-G, lovely car but not quite the full fat BZ-R.

I'm bitter because he never let me drive it. :p

Lovely car Sobanek! Any idea why it was towed and when?

Previous owner has no clue, he said he bought it like that.

bear1 wrote: »
    @Sobanek - I guess you'll be having a nice road trip to PL soon enough with it ;)

Might keep it there in a year or so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    Was looking back though this thread and Ded Zebra has a pic of his similar white Levin taken in the exact same car park a few months back, literally about 10ft away from where I took mine... haha. Its on page 533. Weird coincidence! Great minds think alike :-P

Looks like a really nice one man, even cleaner than mine by the looks of the photos! Very best of luck with it! Makes me miss mine already :(
    Is that the car park in rathnew? I live minuites form there!

I don't know if you owned one before or not but it is paramount that you check the oil every week or 1000km IMO. Mine burned about 1l every 2500km so you really need to keep on top of it (243000km on mine) once you do that they really go for ever.
    I assume yours is super strut. Much harder and more expensive to maintain but helps the handling a lot if properly maintained. I waited for a long time when getting mine for a clean non as car to come up because I wanted a bit more comfort and cheaper maintenance!
    If you want to get new stickers for the back (bar and corolla) pm toyotafanboy on here, he sells them.

Do you mind me asking what you payed?

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Looks like a really nice one man, even cleaner than mine by the looks of the photos! Very best of luck with it! Makes me miss mine already :(
    Is that the car park in rathnew? I live minuites form there!

I don't know if you owned one before or not but it is paramount that you check the oil every week or 1000km IMO. Mine burned about 1l every 2500km so you really need to keep on top of it (243000km on mine) once you do that they really go for ever.
    I assume yours is super strut. Much harder and more expensive to maintain but helps the handling a lot if properly maintained. I waited for a long time when getting mine for a clean non as car to come up because I wanted a bit more comfort and cheaper maintenance!
    If you want to get new stickers for the back (bar and corolla) pm toyotafanboy on here, he sells them.

Do you mind me asking what you payed?

Cheers! She's very clean in fairness, I'm picky but happy with it!

Yup tis in Rathnew, obviously a good spot to photograph white Levins for some reason! Ya it's super strut indeed, corners very flat and true, tis a bit on the hard side for Irish roads though I agree. It's in good nick at the min, but may do a mcpherson swap at some stage, plenty of them for breaking so should be no problem getting parts.

It's my first Levin, ya do gotta watch the oil indeed! Mine's burning a bit too much at the min, have valve stem seals and a few other bits ready to go, so gonna give the engine a bit of tlc shortly. (Previous owner was very honest about the problem and supplied seals with the car). Probably swap the head gasket for a trd one while I'm at it, and get the head skimmed.

Paid €1500. Decent price for a good straight one I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Cheers! She's very clean in fairness, I'm picky but happy with it!

Yup tis in Rathnew, obviously a good spot to photograph white Levins for some reason! Ya it's super strut indeed, corners very flat and true, tis a bit on the hard side for Irish roads though I agree. It's in good nick at the min, but may do a mcpherson swap at some stage, plenty of them for breaking so should be no problem getting parts.

It's my first Levin, ya do gotta watch the oil indeed! Mine's burning a bit too much at the min, have valve stem seals and a few other bits ready to go, so gonna give the engine a bit of tlc shortly. (Previous owner was very honest about the problem and supplied seals with the car). Probably swap the head gasket for a trd one while I'm at it, and get the head skimmed.

Paid €1500. Decent price for a good straight one I thought.

Seeing what I carved for mine a bargain! Imo it's sad to see so many broken for parts, the more we can keep on the road the better! If I ever see you around I'll be sure to wave :)

Have you joined clubae111.com yet? Serious wealth of knowledge on there even if the site traffic is low.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Couple of unexpected/unmentioned on the auction sheet mod's found on my vitz before it leaves japan, along with HKS exhaust and coilover's someone liked their HKS stuff!

2czsygi.jpg

2q1xf0n.jpg

24f9och.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

JDM, yo!

Nice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Cheers lads. Any of ye owned / driven one? Very nice to drive if there in good nick. Defiantly a drivers car.

had one before gave me nothing but hassel :mad: especially the super strut suspension ,I should of took that out before i spent stupid money on other things for it first :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The new wheels :D

1932384_10152314568438384_1169914833_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

V nice. I don't think they are original wheels though. If you live in the country, get a set of mudguards, or it will break your heart keeping it clean!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Nice motor McLove! Something up with the reg though, I wanted to see what size engine it was but neither Motorcheck or cartell recognise that reg :confused:

V nice. I don't think they are original wheels though. If you live in the country, get a set of mudguards, or it will break your heart keeping it clean!!

How do you mean not original wheels?

Nice motor McLove! Something up with the reg though, I wanted to see what size engine it was but neither Motorcheck or cartell recognise that reg :confused:

Yeah I tried putting it in to eflow but it wouldnt accept it either, however its insured and taxed on the reg so its in the system alright.

2.0 TDCI 163 HP :)

Mc Love wrote: »
    How do you mean not original wheels?

Don't look like the wheels that were on when new, look like aftermarket ones. Maybe I'm wrong though. Are they 17"?

Don't look like the wheels that were on when new, look like aftermarket ones. Maybe I'm wrong though. Are they 17"?

They are OEM 18" - the owner before me probably ordered them specially.

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    They are OEM 18" - the owner before me probably ordered them specially.

Oh if they're 18 they are origanal alright. Coulda sworn they were 17. Nevermind me, I query everything!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement