Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

It was brought in from OZ 2 years ago as a standard car. was kept in a garage for a further year by the owner.
    Early last year he put it up for sale and I bought it
    Done a full engine rebuild with flat top piston, milled head, lumpy cam, header, triple carbs etc.
    done alot of work on the exterior too, all the parts I got in the states, apart from the wheels which were custom made in the UK.

Interior still isn't finished, hope to have that done in the next few weeks.
    This is how it looked when I bought it

260zbefore.jpg
    Cheers,

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

jay28 wrote: »
    It was brought in from OZ 2 years ago as a standard car. was kept in a garage for a further year by the owner.
    Early last year he put it up for sale and I bought it
    Done a full engine rebuild with flat top piston, milled head, lumpy cam, header, triple carbs etc.
    done alot of work on the exterior too, all the parts I got in the states, apart from the wheels which were custom made in the UK.

Interior still isn't finished, hope to have that done in the next few weeks.
    This is how it looked when I bought it

260zbefore.jpg
    Cheers,

Jay

So not chance of sellin her for about 500quid in the next few weeks then?

What engine is in that. Any vids of it on the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

No vid as of yet, dont drive it very often to be honest, I may get her out the next fine sunday and blow the cob webs out of it, I'll try get some sort of video of it then.

You can have 1 front wheel for your 500 :D without the tyre!

Cheers

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Bit modest compared to that sexy Z........

But it works for me . 2001 1.8T
    3061290048_263916cee5.jpg

3061263374_a03e12fa6c.jpg

3060426135_89fe18c633.jpg

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Any pics of the side? I think they're the VW wheels i like lol. Nice car btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Any pics of the side? I think they're the VW wheels i like lol. Nice car btw.

Yep Had to dig it out
    :D:D

3208029450_d9194d0fc5.jpg

3207196343_3d0a7bc2bc.jpg

Bog Standard im afraid !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

No they're the ones alright:D

Wtf happened it in the first pic there?? lol Looks a bit squashed:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Thread wouldn't be finished off with some 106 GTi's... If only we had a picture of one:pac:

If you can get the pictures off this god damn Lg Viewty then you'll have all the pics you want!
    nothing works!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

n521220854_1564274_4391.jpg

Very nice. Get your alloy restored! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

jay28 you've chosen my next dream car for me, many thanks she is absolutely stunning. Get interior shots up asap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Bit Mundane compared to everything else thats been posted but what the hey

EDIT: Bugger didnt work right...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

@jay28

that's one of the sweetest cars I've ever seen posted up here. I'd love to see it in the flesh. There's a z-car 5 mins down the road from me but doesn't look anything like that!!!

Here's mine anyway:

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

It's my second 406 coupe... Its the 2.2 hdi model and had the 2.0l petrol model before this.

Absolutely love the car and I'm a massive fan of french cars. My next car will I imagine be a Renault Laguna Coupe in a couple of years when the depreciation hits them nicely. Not a fan of the 407 coupe at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

thats a daycent yoke. i hope the egyptians or iranians will start making it under license

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭shabbyalonso

Nice 406 coupe lassykk - I used to own one myself. It was the 2.0l version in Galileo Green. Really liked it (however it did give me some problems during it's time!). It was my first car so not bad in my own humble opinion however given I was so excited about getting my very first car, I rushed into it after finding that someone would insure me on a 2 litre!! Biggest mistake was getting it with cloth interior! Bit of a let down. The tan leather interior is the way to go on the 406 coupe - is yours leather? Nice though and you have the last of them (2003). 407 coupe has grown on me over the years but my BMW 8 series will do for now!!!

This is my old one!
    S8000441.jpg

towel401 wrote: »
    thats a daycent yoke. i hope the egyptians or iranians will start making it under license

Sorry don't actually understand what you mean! Probably just me being thick
    Nice 406 coupe lassykk - I used to own one myself. It was the 2.0l version in Galileo Green. Really liked it (however it did give me some problems during it's time!). It was my first car so not bad in my own humble opinion however given I was so excited about getting my very first car, I rushed into it after finding that someone would insure me on a 2 litre!! Biggest mistake was getting it with cloth interior! Bit of a let down. The tan leather interior is the way to go on the 406 coupe - is yours leather? Nice though and you have the last of them (2003). 407 coupe has grown on me over the years but my BMW 8 series will do for now!!!

That's a nice looking coupe you had... was always a fan of the Galileo Green with the tan leather. My first one gave me a few problems too but mostly serviceable parts (a full exhaust from engine to back box & a coupe of other bits and pieces)

That was a seriously nice first car... i'd a 97 clio as mine after 3 motorbikes. Think my Suzuki Intruder was a nice first vehicle but it doesn't rack up beside the coupe.

My current one is half leather and I have been on the look out for tan since I bought it. None has popped up on ebay in a while. I did a leather conversion in my first one from blue cloth to red leather. I thought it looked fantastic in it... Probably a bit garish for some people maybe

Yeah I said when I was buying another one I get the newest model possible as I know I'll have to bring myself to change to a different car in a few years :(

I can't warm to the 407 coupe at all... They should have let Pinninfarina have another go at designing as they didn't manage much of a job themselves. The laguna coupe is a car I think is the closest thing to the 406 coupe for me but I'm not paying €40K for a car that will be worth €20K in 12 months (if exchange rates stay the same) Pop up a pic of your 8 series I've always though they were one of the nicest German cars... Lovely looking machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

my old 1974 z
    <don't quote pictures>

car of the year.. UNREAL Speechless

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭shabbyalonso

Hi again Lassyk, now that you mention the conversion in your old coupe from cloth to leather, I think I may have seen it!!! You post on the 406 coupe club forum/website? I used to always be on it and remember a post showing a silver coupe??? converted to red leather in Ireland - may have been your good self? I had been on the look out myself for tan but decent set is hard to come by; good luck with the hunt though. The half and half leather is nice mind. The 406 coupe is a fine looking motor though - I'm getting all nostalgic! :o

Here's a pic or two of my 840 - thanks for the comments by the way. Good luck again with the tan leather search however no biggie if you don't manage it - still a peach as it is.

Actually, I'd posted some pics of the 8 series a few pages back - here's the link to the pics : http://picasaweb.google.com/shabbyalonso/My840ciSport#

and here is a link to my story behind my 8 series purchase, if you fancy a read, or have time to kill!!!!!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055137637

Daycent: Used to describe the brilliance of something. It originates from Limerick city in southern Ireland.

Yoke: Refers to an object, in this case the 406

the 405 and 306 are being made under license by an Iranian car manufacturer. I hope they continue this trend with the 406 coupe. because its too good a car to be out of production

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Or maybe they are wondering why you would ask why the Egyptians/Iranians would do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

when the Peugeot 305/309/306/405 went out of production, an Iranian company bought the right to build them under licence. as far as i know, you can still get a new 306 from Iran if you really want one

• Advertisement

they don't make the 305 anymore though :( a shame really cause it was a daycent car. the first car i ever drove an inch in. and nearly crashed it into the side of the house when i was a wee boi. still have it in the shed but the engine's not that great

1041917_G.sized.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Is that a 504 or a 304 next to it? not many of them in 1 piece these days

Is that a 504 or a 304 next to it? not many of them in 1 piece these days

304. the worst of the lot :( but it still kinda works. sounds like a skangermobile cause the exhaust is ****ed along with pretty much everything else in that car

Hi again Lassyk, now that you mention the conversion in your old coupe from cloth to leather, I think I may have seen it!!! You post on the 406 coupe club forum/website? I used to always be on it and remember a post showing a silver coupe??? converted to red leather in Ireland - may have been your good self? I had been on the look out myself for tan but decent set is hard to come by; good luck with the hunt though. The half and half leather is nice mind. The 406 coupe is a fine looking motor though - I'm getting all nostalgic! :o

Here's a pic or two of my 840 - thanks for the comments by the way. Good luck again with the tan leather search however no biggie if you don't manage it - still a peach as it is.

Actually, I'd posted some pics of the 8 series a few pages back - here's the link to the pics : http://picasaweb.google.com/shabbyalonso/My840ciSport#

and here is a link to my story behind my 8 series purchase, if you fancy a read, or have time to kill!!!!!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055137637

yeah i'm always on the 406 coupe forum... great site for coupe owners... that was definitely mine I'd say you saw on there as I can't remember anyone else doing the red into silver conversion in Ireland. Twas good fun getting the drivers seat electrics to work. Sold that here on adverts actually only last summer... Yeah I'd only buy D9 (2000/01 onwards) tan leather as the door cards are nicer and the steering wheel would have tan on it too... But I am more than happy with the car as it is :)

That really is a sweer car you've got yourself... Given how much driving I do I couldn't afford to run a 4L car but if I could it would definitely be up there on my options list! Had a quick look at your thread about buying it and it seems as if you got a great deal on it too... Congrats and happy motoring :)
    Daycent: Used to describe the brilliance of something. It originates from Limerick city in southern Ireland.

Yoke: Refers to an object, in this case the 406

the 405 and 306 are being made under license by an Iranian car manufacturer. I hope they continue this trend with the 406 coupe. because its too good a car to be out of production

Cheers for explaining that for me... I actually understood the daycent & the yoke part of your comment :) just not the Egyptian/Iranian part ;) Didn't realise they were doing that... Hope they do take on the 406 coupe under license as I'd love to see them kept being made :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

my old 1974 z
    <don't quote pictures>

I was next to you Northbound on the M50 queing down the hill towards Blanchardstown (I can't imagine there is another fantastic looking Nissan Z in Ireland). Apologies if you got freaked by a guy in an Accord staring at the motor, but that is fantastic.

I seem to remember there is some sweet noise off it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭positron

and my humble Accord.

mg5796azu9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Here is my 2008 Octavia RS with a few mods running 288bhp :D

skoda.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Very nice - such a subtle car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭byrner51

This discussion has been closed.