Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Is that an Individual interior?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Is that an Individual interior?
    yeah, no clue what the color is.
    i've been told it might be kiwi

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Richie..Galway

My main car is the 740. 4.4 v8 power is yummy supercharger is planned in the future. she's got 75k miles only, so far she's got full bilstein suspension, brembo discs and calipers (same size as a ferrari F40, 550, and aston martin DB9) full hamann body kit, hamann stainless quad exhaust system, upgraded widescreen navi,with tv on the move, the full sport interior and 19" Hamann PG1 rims with 285 rubber on the rear and 255 on the front, it's my favourite car ever I always wanted an M5 like in the post above but in my last 5 series the kids could kick the back of the driver seat from the babyseats in the rear so i wanted more room.

sdc18622.jpg
    sdc18632.jpg
    sdc18629.jpg
    sdc18633.jpg
    sdc18608.jpg
    sdc18631.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

My main car is the 740. 4.4 v8 power is yummy supercharger is planned in the future. she's got 75k miles only, so far she's got full bilstein suspension, brembo discs and calipers (same size as a ferrari F40, 550, and aston martin DB9) full hamann body kit, hamann stainless quad exhaust system, upgraded widescreen navi,with tv on the move, the full sport interior and 19" Hamann PG1 rims with 285 rubber on the rear and 255 on the front, it's my favourite car ever I always wanted an M5 like in the post above but in my last 5 series the kids could kick the back of the driver seat from the babyseats in the rear so i wanted more room.

Very very nice

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »
    Very very nice

thanks H. hey a mate of mine recently bought an e39 m5 like yours for 6500 euro, it was a 2000 reg in blue with black interior, i nearly got sick i know it might not have been a pristine example but still lot of car for small money. i'd love to find someone who could drop the M5 V8 into a seven series along with the manual gearbox but i've been told it's extremely difficult with the electronics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

dials.jpg
    frontbe.jpg
    interiorz.jpg
    rearv.jpg
    sidex.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

thanks H. hey a mate of mine recently bought an e39 m5 like yours for 6500 euro, it was a 2000 reg in blue with black interior, i nearly got sick i know it might not have been a pristine example but still lot of car for small money. i'd love to find someone who could drop the M5 V8 into a seven series along with the manual gearbox but i've been told it's extremely difficult with the electronics.

Unfortunatly it's not mine Richie it's Subways car :(:(. Stuck with my Prelude for another while, can't wait to change it though and get something really tasty.
    i'd love to find someone who could drop the M5 V8 into a seven series along with the manual gearbox but i've been told it's extremely difficult with the electronics.

Sounds like fun

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

SV wrote: »
    when are you going to admit that you don't own an A8 and that passat is yours, and the only reason you ever said you have an A8 is because people were mocking you when you said you 'floor' it past the 'skanger mobiles' ? :D

I want to be proven wrong but..lol, it's pretty funny.

Ya ur right:rolleyes:. Passat isnt even mine:rolleyes:.....

Drive a 89 corolla deishel

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

SARASON wrote: »
    Ya ur right:rolleyes:. Passat isnt even mine:rolleyes:.....

Drive a 89 corolla deishel

:pac:

Well you haven't proven otherwise and you only ever said you had the A8 after that incident.. You even had the passat as your profile pic..

It only makes sense. :)

I'd love to find someone who could drop the M5 V8 into a seven series along with the manual gearbox but i've been told it's extremely difficult with the electronics.

Thats what all the Yanks want to do, the ultimate car. I'm sure someone will do it sooner or later. If I come into some cash anytime soon I might go down the supercharger route. €5000 though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

Thats what all the Yanks want to do, the ultimate car. I'm sure someone will do it sooner or later. If I come into some cash anytime soon I might go down the supercharger route. €5000 though...

An even more powerful option had been pondered by BMW. 767Li V16

http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/11/02/bmws-secret-7-series-model-e32-prototype-with-6-7l-v16-engine/v16kp4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭gorwanvfr

My daily run around.:D No not really couldn't keep fuel in it.

96072531.jpg
    99465531.jpg
    46137456.jpg
    25755215.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

the alpina B10 if im not mistaken, they have a b7 bi-turbo which is an M5 engine with 2 turbos but thats not manual , i think the b10 was

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Pales in comparison to some of the other cars here but here's my GTi...

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

She's still a GTI :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

the alpina B10 if im not mistaken, they have a b7 bi-turbo which is an M5 engine with 2 turbos but thats not manual , i think the b10 was

None of the B10s or B7s were based on an M5:
    http://www.alpina-automobiles.com/index.php?id=3239&L=0
    http://www.supercars.net/cars/3157.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpina#Previous_models

Generally Alpina use top tier non-M engines and tune from there, with the notable exception being the B12 5.7.
    EDIT: Apparently the new/planned Alpina B5 BiTurbo uses the new M5 engine. Apparently..

@Richie..Galway: e39 M5 engines have been put into many other cars, several into the 8 series (that I know of from Bimmerforums), which itself is based on the e32 7 series. However you would better off with the supercharger on the m62 plan, similar performance and a lot more straight forward, keeps stock ECU and wiring etc.

Yup the B12 was based upon BMWs regular V12. An M52 supercharger would give me 300bhp sending the car to 60 in 6 seconds, quicker than the B12. Its too much cash though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Yup the B12 was based upon BMWs regular V12. An M52 supercharger would give me 300bhp sending the car to 60 in 6 seconds, quicker than the B12. Its too much cash though.

I was refering to the B12 5.7 Coupe though, it was based on the S70 engine, which is an M Engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Maybe take it to a new thread guys.

slap one on the 4.4 and you got 415 bhp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Jakob

dscf4144d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Bmw 645ci 4.4 litre V8 :D
    CORK30.jpg

img_3298.jpg

img_3296.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

^ GTFO :P

Mint motor :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Javelin77

my A6 after a year and still in love with her

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Beaut of a 6 above! ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ormond

gpf101 wrote: »

nice gti mate im thinking of getting one have u had any problems with it .and wot are day like on juice .i drive about 250 miles a week all motor way miles steady 80mph .was all so thinking of a Octavia rs diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

ormond wrote: »
    nice gti mate im thinking of getting one have u had any problems with it .and wot are day like on juice .i drive about 250 miles a week all motor way miles steady 80mph .was all so thinking of a Octavia rs diesel.

I only have it about 3 weeks. No problems really, I think there a few things that can go wrong but sur thats the case with all cars. Its very dependent on how you drive it. Go handy and you'll get 35mpg + but if you go hard (which you probably will) then your talking about 28mpg so you'd probably be spending €50 a week on petrol. A Diesel Octavia would be far far better on fuel but there are very few in Ireland.

I do love it btw. It's a great car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

the 8 (5l V12 - shuttup Matt S ;-)
    IMG_4863.jpg

the 5 530d
    e39Cropped20100409.jpg

the 100 4.2 TD
    hdj100rCropped_20100409.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Nice collection, I wouldn't fancy your yearly tax bill though!

What type of 8 is that? I know Matt's is the CSI but what's the difference between the CSI and 850i???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Thinking of a w126 next

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement