Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    Nice collection, I wouldn't fancy your yearly tax bill though!

What type of 8 is that? I know Matt's is the CSI but what's the difference between the CSI and 850i???

850i rebadged ci at some point.

Matt's is an S70 with csi upgraded suspension etc. 80 more horsies. He's also running a type of 4 wheel steering.

His failed the nct though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Richie..Galway

The ci camre in in 1994 and the new engine went from 5.0 to 5.4. however some 850 ci cars still had the old 5.0 v12. from late 1994 onward all 850 ci were 5.4 v12/ the csi was a 5.6 v12. it was an unoficial M8 the engine was tuned by m-sport division and she had stiffer suspension reshaped front and rear bumpers round tips on the exhausts and a 6 speed manual gearbox only, it had rear wheel steering like the hicas system used in the nissan silvias bmw version was called ahk system.
    so a 1994 850 would be a 5.0 a 1994 850 ci could be 5.0 or 5.4 confused yet? imo the 5.4 would be the best of both worlds having more power than the 850 and the auto gearbox instead of the manual

so i don't go off topic heres a pic of my old 2.6 turbo rwd starion by mitsubishi, try to find one of these now in this condition i dare you.
    frontsidesmall.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Liam_Flag

Full?id=2902030

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Nissan or Infiniti? ^

Nissan or Infiniti? ^

tis a Nissan Skyline 350gt

• Advertisement

Liam_Flag wrote: »
    tis a Nissan Skyline 350gt

Makes two of ye on boards now!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Nissan or Infiniti? ^

You do know its the same company? Infiniti is the luxury division of Nissan....

You do know its the same company? Infiniti is the luxury division of Nissan....

You also know they're seperate brands and tuned differently yes? :]

Just like the IS200 and Altezzas ;)

Makes two of ye on boards now!

I know a lad with a red '06

Mine's 2004.

For sale too ;)

Liam_Flag wrote: »
    I know a lad with a red '06

Mine's 2004.

For sale too ;)

Yeah he's Nissan-Doctor on here :P

• Advertisement

Yeah he's Nissan-Doctor on here :P

Ah yea, I got Paul to change the oil and pads on my car a while ago. Good lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Just like the IS200 and Altezzas ;)

Yeah ones a Toyota and one's a Toyota with lexus lights :D

*sorry couldn't resist

The ci camre in in 1994 and the new engine went from 5.0 to 5.4. however some 850 ci cars still had the old 5.0 v12. from late 1994 onward all 850 ci were 5.4 v12/ the csi was a 5.6 v12. it was an unoficial M8 the engine was tuned by m-sport division and she had stiffer suspension reshaped front and rear bumpers round tips on the exhausts and a 6 speed manual gearbox only, it had rear wheel steering like the hicas system used in the nissan silvias bmw version was called ahk system.
    so a 1994 850 would be a 5.0 a 1994 850 ci could be 5.0 or 5.4 confused yet? imo the 5.4 would be the best of both worlds having more power than the 850 and the auto gearbox instead of the manual

.... yup. all explained here: -
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_8_Series
    Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

img0607b.th.jpg

img0610uh.th.jpg

img0608zv.th.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

This is my dad's car but the mother has been wrecking it I'm swapping her my Astra for it. Gonna trade it in for a type r but will prob keep it for a bit to make myself feel cool. 07 Honda Legend.

sos9k8.jpg

25fnnd0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Here is my new car that I bought about two months ago. It probably pales in comparison to some of the cars posted here though. It's a 2003 Highline 1.6 VW Golf and I love it so far. It's got sports suspension, nice alloys, an alarm, bucket seats and a stereo to hook my ipod up to.:) The sound from the speakers are really excellent especially for listening to lots of rock and metal bands. It's also got discs all around and electric windows on all four doors.:D

2003VWGolf3.jpg

2003VWGolf4.jpg

2003VWGolf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

She's been here before but i have given her a good auld clean and taken off some poxy vinyl stripes that were on it.

Picture001.jpg

Picture006.jpg

E39MSport wrote: »
    .... yup. all explained here: -
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_8_Series
    Cheers,

well some people don't bother with wiki so just wanted to make the facts known. it isn't just a cc increase between a csi and the rest. CSI is an M8 without a badge.

pic of my e38's brembos, these brakes should have been all all the M's imo, They are absolutley savage but 7k dollars for a set of 4 is expensive but if you want to stop in a hurry these are the bees knees.. and rear of the starion

sdc10571g.jpg
    starionrearpassengersma.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Not that they compare to your own, but Sport E38s came with 4 pot Brembos from the factory. Ive had to slam on a few times and my head nearly went through the windscreen. :D

well some people don't bother with wiki so just wanted to make the facts known.

Fair play. Respect.

Serious brakes there. The one pots on my e31 are a bit poo. I've rebuilt the front and will do the rears soon then a full bleed. Also got braided steel hoses. Hopefully will help a bit.

On the m8, wasn't that canned after a single prototype?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

More pics of the Starion please Ritchie. Savage looking car

Not that they compare to your own, but Sport E38s came with 4 pot Brembos from the factory. Ive had to slam on a few times and my head nearly went through the windscreen. :D

this too is fact voodoo great brakes on the sports. if were up to me i wouldn't have spent that on a brake upgrade unless i was upping the horsepower. it looks good but 7K :eek:

@onkle as requested

enginesmall.jpg

frontsidesmall.jpg
    sidesmallh.jpg
    insidesmall.jpg

E39MSport wrote: »
    Fair play. Respect.

Serious brakes there. The one pots on my e31 are a bit poo. I've rebuilt the front and will do the rears soon then a full bleed. Also got braided steel hoses. Hopefully will help a bit.

On the m8, wasn't that canned after a single prototype?

yep they canned the M8,
    the csi engine has m-sport written on the rocker just like the M3 or M5 and with the other upgrades like the box and suspension it was seen my lots of car nuts as the unofficial M8.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

yep they canned the M8,
    the csi engine has m-sport written on the rocker just like the M3 or M5 and with the other upgrades like the box and suspension it was seen my lots of car nuts as the unofficial M8.

Fahrzeugschein.jpg
    Lines 2, 3 and 4... not all that unofficial!

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Fahrzeugschein.jpg
    Lines 2, 3 and 4... not all that unofficial!

lol are all csi's M8 on the book?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Here's the 850csi engine

2238318819_b7c02ddfd9_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Excellent shot as usual steve06!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

this too is fact voodoo great brakes on the sports. if were up to me i wouldn't have spent that on a brake upgrade unless i was upping the horsepower. it looks good but 7K :eek:

They look damn good, but as you say 7gs, nasty! You prob would have been better off with 750 brakes or even better still, Protection brakes, from a financial point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

lol are all csi's M8 on the book?

Yep (that pic isn't of my book mind you!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Yep (that pic isn't of my book mind you!).
    Will I be seeing this M8 at the Dyno Day on Saturday Matt?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement