Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭jaffa20

You should have blocked out the fog lights instead of the reg!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Reason Please?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Tragedy wrote: »
    Rover decided to make a special(smiley) plate size for the 75/MG ZT, god knows why :(
    It came standard like that :confused:

Would you not just get a normal plate and lash it on...the backing isn't going to be that bad...even a jap plate for the crack?

And yes. You CAN get it in the smiley face size in white. I have seen a guy with it in Roscommon. UK only oddly enough though. :rolleyes:

Seen it on a site months back. Probably stumlbed through from Ebay or something.

Had the Zafira for 2 weeks and couldn't get along with it pretty well (I'm only 17). So Got this one instead, Toyota Avensis STRATA 2003, NCT ends 6/2013 and only 78,000 miles on it.

how much ya pick it up for?

how much ya pick it up for?
    4000 Euros.

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    And yes. You CAN get it in the smiley face size in white.

There's a ZT with a white smiley face style plate on the previous page :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭kuro2k

My 96 Hilux Surf
    P6110288.jpgP6110287.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,261 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

10nbx5h.jpg

Last weekend with new discs, pads and lines fitted. (eventually!)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Last weekend with new discs, pads and lines fitted. (eventually!)

*drools*

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

There's a gorgeous wine ZT estate on the main street in Borris in Ossory for as long as I can rememeber! It has the big plate on it... Such a nice car. If it's diesel I'd nearly make the owner an offer!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

If I recall correctly, it's a diesel and copperleaf red(fairly rare colour on the ZT)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Aye tis gorgeous looking! It's always parked there too, might have low mileage! :L

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Here's my poor car since the wheels are being done:

image151i.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Think of all the unprung weight you have saved!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,343 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Possibly a weird question but how do you go about getting it jacked back up again and the wheels on now that the axel stands are at the jacking points?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Possibly a weird question but how do you go about getting it jacked back up again and the wheels on now that the axel stands are at the jacking points?
    There would be other safe places to jack it up underneath.

So what you're saying is that I jacked up the car at a certain point and replaced the jack with an axle stand in that exact same place???

• Registered Users Posts: 82,343 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

So what you're saying is that I jacked up the car at a certain point and replaced the jack with an axle stand in that exact same place???

No wondering what jacking point your using to remove the stands when your placing the wheels back on. Is there one under the engine?

The actual jacking point I used is to the left of the front stands and to the right of the rear stands. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

just lift it by hand, that's what I always do

No wondering what jacking point your using to remove the stands when your placing the wheels back on. Is there one under the engine?

On most cars I use the metal plate the towing eye is welded to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

That's exactly what he's saying (and still hasn't copped) :pac:

Mixing magic tricks with car maintanance FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Don't forget before and after pics for the wheels!

I remember changing the wheel on a loose gravel-y hill and the car ran off the jack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

31032011215.jpg

love it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

This is my pride and joy

forest.jpg

Don't forget before and after pics for the wheels!

I tried taking before pics but they didn't show the extent of what was wrong. The paint chipped off in certain places and the undercoat was white so it was hard to tell the difference. Not hard for me though since I'm constantly looking at them when cleaning the car and I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to cleaning cars ;)

I will certainly post pics of them when they're done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

ottostreet wrote: »
    what is she?

Its only a 320d, but it has a decent enough spec.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement