Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for talent show.

Options
  • 19-10-2005 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Heres a thread for any ideas people might have for next years talent shows.

Does Any1 want to help me with a Father Ted sketch including My lovely horse? All you need is a black jacket a piece of cloth or paper for a priests collar and we have to get a keyboard and acoustic guitar. I want to play dougal so i need some1 for ted.
    Oh i almost forgot I need ppl for Jack Mrs Doyle Dick Byrne and Cyril as well as the Gay Guy Ted meets and the guy John Kenny played in that episode.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Isn't it a bit, uh... early for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Part of the fantasticyness of the CTYI talent show is the impromptuyness. Planning fails

Here's an idea: Get on with the rest of your life till next summer. CTYI is great and all, but it's best to backburner it for 9 months of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

*echoes raphs sentements*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 KieranusTyranus

If I do what I usually do and leave it until next year I wont organize it right and it will be a disaster.

Yup, just like all those acts that just got thrown together in the last mainute and sucked completely....

Oh wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

The group who did the Eddie Izzard sketch was frantically thrown together the night before the day of the auditions and most of the funniest stuff was made up on the spot or during rehearsal

Yes, but Raph dislikes people who talk in the third person :(

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

Anyway, you can't suggest a Father Ted sketch AND insist on playng Dougal!

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

Raphael wrote:
    Yes, but Raph dislikes people who talk in the third person :(
    I was referring to the group as whole, not just me, therefore not third person. f00.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I think you should eat a member of the audience. Whole.

Or catch Moby Dick, and have a great white whale tossing competition (sport of kings, I say) and the winner gets control of an enormous fiefdom covering the DCU campus, Patagonia, Yucatan Peninsula and the Maldives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

I'd want to take part if I get in again next year. Also I want to do a sketch that's daubbed. Just have people moving their lips and me hiding behind the piano speaking into the mic.

Character1: (mouths words) Who's that?
    Character2: (spends thirty seconds mouthing a sentence) I don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

Does Any1 want to help me with a Father Ted sketch including My lovely horse? All you need is a black jacket a piece of cloth or paper for a priests collar and we have to get a keyboard and acoustic guitar. I want to play dougal so i need some1 for ted.
    Oh i almost forgot I need ppl for Jack Mrs Doyle Dick Byrne and Cyril as well as the Gay Guy Ted meets and the guy John Kenny played in that episode.
    just a lil early, but, I, cian mac mahon, aggreas to make a fool of himself. and also, u cant just beside to be dougle! evil!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

Yeah, original ideas are hard to come by.
    Ooh, ooh! You could get a band together and have a ridiculously large amount of guitarists on stage!!!
    Oh wait no, that's been done...
    Oh ok! You could do a news report and... Oh wait no..
    You could put Aonghus under a sheet and give Aidan a really big stick and- Crap, there I go again!
    Eh, maybe the Father Ted sketch might work...
    *G wonders why, with her Nevermore bitterness, she is helping Non-Nev's*

I officially call the role of Father Jack.

This is session 2 right?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

I like Bill's idea :)

And don't start planning it now. That said, don't try and decide what to do in the twenty seconds before your audition :p

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

dead parrot i say! just change it to dead sportofrancalion. we could get fake siggs and everything! a yellow backsack could be purched for a small amount in pennys. i call the role of the sportofrancalion!

Something from Monty Python could be good. Most people have seen the films but not everyone will have seen the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

There seem to be a lot of people who have nothing better to do for the next 9 months

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Try not to make up your audition song as you go. :p

The band most faithful to the great Punk DIY tradition to never get into the talent show. Sniff. I'll never forget you guys, and my one-audition career as a punk singer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

It was a good time, and we had such a laugh, but it was so damn DIY it was unreal! We made up the drumming as we went along. :p

Where we = Pierce!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Posted an incredible 9 months before CTYI

The words 'life' and 'get' come to mind

Raphael wrote:
    Part of the fantasticyness of the CTYI talent show is the impromptuyness. Planning fails

Here's an idea: Get on with the rest of your life till next summer. CTYI is great and all, but it's best to backburner it for 9 months of the year
    Y'know something Liam, we REALLY need to stop agreeing about things =D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

True

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

/aside to Liam

''Dude, Aonghus called you fat!''

/Aside to Aonghus

''Dude, Liam called you ugly''

Let the games begin :)

/Aside to Liz

"We can all read your above post. Your ploy was ill-formed."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ah yes, they invented PM for a reason...

but it was an aside. No one can see asides! Haven't you READ shakespare???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

Liz, Liz, Liz!!! Have you not realised by now that they don't need such silly things as reasons to fight?

pfffft, having reasons is secondary to the thrill of the mod-evading and general flame-fest that does be going on...

Advertisement