Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for talent show.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

This is just getting plain sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Btw, how do you pronounce CTYIzens?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

See Tee Wye Eye Zens.

Or, if you want to shorten it,

See Tee Wyzens. But that sounds stupid.

Or, you can make it sound more like citizens by adding a "ih" before the "zens" in the first option given.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

I've quite often heard it just pronounced citizen or occasionally cee-tizen. Usually myself i just say CTYIer and reserve CTYIzen for text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

He's right you know, if you go around the place calling yourself a See-tee-yie-eye-zen then your probably gonna get punched in the face.CTYIer is a bit better, or mate from DCU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

nah, if anyone askes me where i met someone and I met them in CTYI I generally just say ''Oh, eh, just someone I met over the summer'' which saves having to explain what CTYI is.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

LiamD wrote:
    He's right you know, if you go around the place calling yourself a See-tee-yie-eye-zen then your probably gonna get punched in the face.CTYIer is a bit better, or mate from DCU.
    My motivation is actually just how much easier CTYIer is to say, I generally avoid hanging around with people who punch people based on what summer camps they go to. If I want to avoid explaining it (ussually for simplicities sake) I just say summer camp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Pyschopath666

It was a good time, and we had such a laugh, but it was so damn DIY it was unreal! We made up the drumming as we went along. :p

You said do a simple 4/4 you never said i couldnt spice it up a bit

(Spicing up = Reverse timing) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Piste wrote:
    nah, if anyone askes me where i met someone and I met them in CTYI I generally just say ''Oh, eh, just someone I met over the summer'' which saves having to explain what CTYI is.

I just show people my spoon. It usually wards them away. There used to be a guy in my year who wore a fork, and he was, er, didgy coughARSONISTcough. My classmates are now wary of cutlery on wrists. If that doesn't work, i say Nerd Camp

Advertisement