Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

''the connection was refused when attempting to contact boards.ie''

Options
  • 19-10-2005 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else had a small window come up saying ''the connection was refused when attmepting to contact boards.ie'' when they have tried to click on a forum or preview post?

This has happened to me a few times now since the upgrade and has never happened before. Anyone know the reason why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Yeah I've got that a fair few times since the upgrade...but i've got it before also...as far as i know, it's just a timeout when attempting to contact boards...probably caused by the small glitches slowing the sight down on occasion...

Was that at about 5 or 6? I think the sight was down...or at least it was for me...I kept getting "refused connection"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Connection refused == server offline, come back in a little bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Yeah it happened to me a few times this evening, then it said "tweaking wiki, back in 10 mins" and has been working perfectly since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

It actually happened to me earlier on again..... this time on another website so maybe it's not just Boards.

Advertisement