Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Recommendations

• 17-09-2001 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

I feel like buying a couple of new tunes soon anyone have any recommendations for albums recently released by Irish acts?

Has anyone listened to Jeff Martin ? Is the album worth getting?

I recently got Semi / Mervyn in Toronto ..its pretty good I think, it was reveiwed on wheresthecraic.com and kaboom too..

Later - T:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Skindive! They kick arse....
    There's a Jeff Martin MP3 available from cluas.com which is pretty cool, hope to get the album soon.

Joan of Arse are great aswell and have a new album out today. and the NPB's latest album is worth having too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

i heard some jeff martin on pearl's show yesterday. it was very very good, quite like jim o'rourke (i thought).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anony

Yeah Skindive's album is quiet good...a little industrial rock by numbers in places and alot like Curve... but worth a listen....they're the only irish act that I bought anything by in a good while....

A Camp's album is a damn fine record........ it's Nina O' Persson from the Aran Sweaters solo, ish record.......might qualify under the "ate irish stew in a hotel once" rule.

Isn't the whole world a little Irish anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

I got the album today it's very good

Advertisement