Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GT Legends,WOW.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Very nice!
    Where did you get it from & do you have have to apply a load of patches to get it into English ike we had to do with GTR?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I got it from Sweden,shipped on 12th got it 18th 44 yoyos including shipping.
    Its the full English version m8,no need to patch :)
    I got tip off from RSC GTL forums.
    All Uk guys are buying from this crowd also.
    Heres direct link,enjoy :)
    http://english.megastore.se/template/next%2CProduct.vm?itemid=1216837

Excellent, thanks for that.
    Ordered!

No worries :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Dcully, I'm on dial-up here so downloading those videos would be a right pain. Any chance you might be able to resize them down to make them smaller and easier to swallow for us people still stuck on 56k? Or, if you can't, could you post up a few screencaps or something? I'm dying to see what Mondello looks like in this game. :D

Speaking of which, how accurate a reproduction of Mondello is it in this game? Does it seem pretty much bang on?

Also, what spec system are you running it on, Dcully, and how does it run for you? What's the minimum spec you need to have to run it? I'm running a 1.8GHz P4, 384MB RAM, 64MB GeForce 2. Think it'll run on that at all, even at it's very basic, by any chance?

• Advertisement

Hi aidan,the second video is only 16 mb of me in the porsche 911 RSR blasting past pit straight.
    It is incredibly like real Mondello m8,simbin done an excellent job.
    My spec is P4 2.8,1gb DDR,X800XL .
    Runs very well with fsaa on but i need to turn track detail down or im below 30 fps otherwise in parts.
    I only lose some trackside stuff this way but it gives me 45-90 fps with 25 opponents,looks stunning.
    Where abouts in Laois are you? Im in Monasterevin in Kildare ,next door to Laois,maybe i could burn the vids and download the demo for you and you could collect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Dcully wrote:
    It is incredibly like real Mondello m8,simbin done an excellent job.

Good to hear. It's about time someone included an accurately modelled Mondello Park in a racing game. :D
    Dcully wrote:
    My spec is P4 2.8,1gb DDR,X800XL.
    Runs very well with fsaa on but i need to turn track detail down or im below 30 fps otherwise in parts.
    I only lose some trackside stuff this way but it gives me 45-90 fps with 25 opponents,looks stunning.

Hmmm, seems a long overdue update on my system may be in order then! ;)
    Dcully wrote:
    Where abouts in Laois are you? Im in Monasterevin in Kildare ,next door to Laois,maybe i could burn the vids and download the demo for you and you could collect?

Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it mate. But a friend of mine has broadband so next time I'm over at his place I'll try and download it there I think. But, once again, thanks for making the offer. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

thats not bad, lot of the bumps and surface changes are missing on the apex's though and the kerbs are a little low and forgiving. That said, I haven't driven there since 98. Teh exit of the last corner is not as tight as I remember it, has it been opened up?

Still might buy it though!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

thats not bad, lot of the bumps and surface changes are missing on the apex's though and the kerbs are a little low and forgiving. That said, I haven't driven there since 98. Teh exit of the last corner is not as tight as I remember it, has it been opened up?

Still might buy it though!
    The kerbs are a hell of a lot more approachable when you're not in a 100cc kart :)

The rendition looks superb and I really can't wait to get my hands on the game (gonna wait till the proper release date because of Starforce and a lack of pedals/wheels at the moment.

It will be interesting to see how the laptimes in Mondello compare to what we in the Irish Historics set.

Oh, and I'd turn in a bit later into the last corner.

Get it now,starforce is no problem.
    Also i have 3 wheels and 3 of them work perfectly.
    This is the UK version of the game,its just there was publishing issues with it in UK/Ireland.
    As for track accuracy,simbin used GPS for track mdelling ,simbin are the best in the business track accuracy.
    If you lads want to see the new back section im willing to make a vid of it too?
    Will take some time to upload with ****ty eircom upload speeds tho.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote:
    Get it now,starforce is no problem.
    Also i have 3 wheels and 3 of them work perfectly.
    This is the UK version of the game,its just there was publishing issues with it in UK/Ireland.
    As for track accuracy,simbin used GPS for track mdelling ,simbin are the best in the business track accuracy.
    If you lads want to see the new back section im willing to make a vid of it too?
    Will take some time to upload with ****ty eircom upload speeds tho.

wouldnt mind seeing that. Are you usuing FRAPS to make the vids?

Yup using fraps m8.

Ok heres vid in 2 parts of Mondello intermediate which includes new section.
    Sorry for some sloppy driving as i had to hit F9 to stop and restart recording because rapid share only allow 50 mb per file and full lap was too big in one file.
    Also fraps forces 30 fps and dropping from 60-100 fps to 30 is bloody tough especially with all aids off,well thats my excuse :P
    oh i lie i had auto clutch on.
    Hope yas like it.

http://rapidshare.de/files/6876459/Mondello_Part_1.avi.html

http://rapidshare.de/files/6886516/Mondello_part_2.avi.html

ah cmon ya buggers,atleast tell me yas viewed the vids :)

jeeze, relax the cax!

im downloadin em now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Is mondello included in the game or have you somehow added it yourself?

Its included in the game.

Dr. Dre wrote:
    Excellent, thanks for that.
    Ordered!
    Hey Dr Dre, have you recieved the game yet, I ordered and haven't recieved it although they emailed it shipped.

Yeah, got it last week sometime. Haven't played it too serious yet as I'm in the middle of building a big feck off PC to play it on.
    Wouldn't worry about it, probably the postal twits feckin us up again, give it another couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭HomunQlus

Please don't throw things at me... but I'm a bit puzzled.

The links posted at the beginning do no longer work, so I have to ask one thing:

What's GT Legends?

The only thing I know of in the moment is "Burnout Legends" and that's for the PSP.

Do you mean the new Gran Turismo? There's a new one coming for PSP...

Please don't throw things at me, please... *duck*

• Advertisement

Finally got the game, unfortunatly i've had trouble with it from the start. The password software with it is giving me jip, I downloaded a fix from Starforce but it's still intermittent. When I start the game a screen comes up and checks the CD being used is an official one, I have two dvd-roms, when it does work it will only work in the one I installed the game from, my problem is that when I put the cd in the machine nothing happens, is doesn't start spinning, the checker fails and tells me to put the cd in another drive, when I do it fails again. The game it's self plays perfectly when I can get it loaded and the dvd-rom works perfectly with everything else, has anyone else had trouble with the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mo4

Tis a great game imo and the track is really accurately portrayed (although I never driven the international layout in real life).

If your having problems running it then there's plenty of help here
    Race Sim Central

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭dealgan

Was just playing the gtl demo again last night... can't wait to get the full game from Santa :)

Is the online bit about the same as gtr ?
    Any issues I should be aware of ?

Cheers,
    Declan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭v10

Is this the same game ? HERE ? If not can someone post a link to where I can get it please ...

Looks great ... can the second 2 videos be posted again ?

Cheers.

<<EDIT>> Just noticed, a link was already posted .. looks like the one, I just might get it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mo4

dealgan wrote:
    Was just playing the gtl demo again last night... can't wait to get the full game from Santa :)

Is the online bit about the same as gtr ?
    Any issues I should be aware of ?

Cheers,
    Declan

Its almost exactly the same as GTR except that it looks better and has older cars. Bit heavier on your system than GTR; I get about 20fps less with GTL.:eek:

v10 wrote:
    Is this the same game ? HERE ? If not can someone post a link to where I can get it please ...

Looks great ... can the second 2 videos be posted again ?

Cheers.

<<EDIT>> Just noticed, a link was already posted .. looks like the one, I just might get it !

It's the one alright - highly reccomended but a fast PC is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭dealgan

mo4 wrote:
    Its almost exactly the same as GTR except that it looks better and has older cars. Bit heavier on your system than GTR; I get about 20fps less with GTL.:eek:

Thanks for that ...
    What I was really interested in though was the online multiplayer part of it.

Is it the same as gtr, or new & improved ?

i.e. are there any problmes with the online bit, and any tewaks that are required ?

Cheers.

Online play is a lot smoother.
    I never see a player join lag spki that was evident in GTR.
    Awesome sim and the best to date imo.

Advertisement