Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

co op

• 19-10-2005 8:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

just got co op in shannon, any suggestions on how to get out there from castletroy in the morning? the bus into town is very unreliable in the morning and i would need to be in at the bus station for the bus to shannon for around 8.00, are there any buses from the castletroy area out to there? you know, like the dell bus or something?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,629 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I know that there is a bus service the opposite way (from shannon to LIT and UL) for students, but I dont know about anything else. Do you have to be in the bus station or in shannon for 8:00? If your job starts at 8:00, then you could get there on time if you could be at the bus station for 7:10. Shannon bus also stops outside harveys quay dunnes, which could save you some time.

A friend of mine got co-op in element 6 and he just moved into the grove island accommodation so he could get the early buses. I reckon thats your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

A friend of mine got co-op in element 6 and he just moved into the grove island accommodation so he could get the early buses. I reckon thats your best bet.

If your moving just move out to Shannon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,629 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

No, live in limerick if you have the chance. Shannon is not a good place to live if you dont know anybody there, since there is next to nothing in the town. 5 pubs serving a population of 20,000? Terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭natter

A friend of mine is doing nursing and has to get the early bus into town a lot when she's on placement. I'm nearly sure the first bus in the morning is 7.15, and its usually fairly promt at that time in the morning, so that would get you into town in good time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

cooperguy wrote:
    If your moving just move out to Shannon

Jesus Christ, don't do that whatever you do!

There is one bus every morning that runs from Castleconnell to Shannon, passing through castletroy at around 7.10-7.15. It'll have you in the industrial estate by 8am. You can catch this from any of the bus stops along the dublin road. Any other buses need to be caught from town.

Where did you get co-op in shannon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Eeek. That sounds nasty. You'll end up loosing most of your free time to travelling. I hated that in Dell. If I'd lived nearer it would have saved me so much bother. I don't think anything depressed me as much as Bus Eireann.

If it wasn't for co-op, I'd suggest there's no point working unless you have enough free time to enjoy your money in. You'll only end up spending more and more when you do have the chance.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

just got co op in shannon, any suggestions on how to get out there from castletroy in the morning? the bus into town is very unreliable in the morning and i would need to be in at the bus station for the bus to shannon for around 8.00, are there any buses from the castletroy area out to there? you know, like the dell bus or something?

There is a bus stop on Dublin road, a small bit back from Spar... perhaps 200 metres.

Advertisement