Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BHP of Integra??

Options
  • 19-10-2005 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what BHP a '96 Honda Integra Type R is?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

I take it you don't care about Torque? Sure why would you need that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

So what horsepower is the 1996 type R fro mthat link ye posted? I can only see the 98type r engine. I`d be interested to know the answer to this too, if someone would be kind enough to just tell me in a simple figure. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

I couldn't find the '96 on that list either, other sites have said anything from 160bhp to 190bhp so I'm not too sure, still looking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

197hp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It depends on which model you look at, JDM(Jap) or USDM or UKDM. The 96 JDM model is supposed to have 195BHP, while the UKDM is 193 and the US model is less again. Most of these ratings are due to the higher RON values of Japanese petrol. The 98 spec JDM has a slightly higher BHP and higher and better torque mainly due to a redesign of the the exhaust manifold(from 4-2-1 to 4-1). Other improvements in the 98 model mainly revolve around brakes, suspension, body shell bracing, gear ratios, headlights etc.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I take it you don't care about Torque? Sure why would you need that.

Sure the torque figure is too embarassing to quote :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭gearbox

as stated above.. you never will get the full preformance from your jap tuned car if your using standard 95 octane petrol as found in every petrol station in this country, most of these cars are mapped for 100 octane so effectively your loosing 5 octane or 5% of your cars power when you simply fill her up with unleaded in your local shell or whatever. might not sound like allot but a good example would be an mitsubishi evo mapped for 272bhp standard on 100 octane unleaded petrol so if you put your standard 95 octane into it you loose approx 5% or 13bhp making it only 259bhp, expensive to get 100 octane petrol in this counrty or even to add additives to normal unleaded but realisticly you cant state high BHP if your not running her properly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

Since 1995 the Honda Integra Type R has produced 197bhp. Europe and America got the car a few years later, with the same BHP. You will only see that BHP if the car is running 98 octane or higher.

Integra ZX = 105bhp
    Integra ZXi = 130bhp
    Integra Si = 170bhp
    Integra SiR = 170bhp
    Integra Type R = 197bhp

As stated, they are high BHP per litre cars, with very poor torque.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭69 mustang

gearbox wrote:
    as stated above.. you never will get the full preformance from your jap tuned car if your using standard 95 octane petrol as found in every petrol station in this country, most of these cars are mapped for 100 octane so effectively your loosing 5 octane or 5% of your cars power when you simply fill her up with unleaded in your local shell or whatever. might not sound like allot but a good example would be an mitsubishi evo mapped for 272bhp standard on 100 octane unleaded petrol so if you put your standard 95 octane into it you loose approx 5% or 13bhp making it only 259bhp, expensive to get 100 octane petrol in this counrty or even to add additives to normal unleaded but realisticly you cant state high BHP if your not running her properly

I found one of these www.fuelcat.co.uk gift for getting 100 octane out of unleaded, cleans out your engine too.

Advertisement