Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Film Production Course

• 19-10-2005 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else doing the film production course in dunloaighre institute of art,design and technology?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Leprachaun wrote:
    Is anyone else doing the film production course in dunloaighre institute of art,design and technology?

lukiebaggs, a charming, erudite young man, with a fine line in self depreciating wit, and full of friendly banter, and helpful advice, apparently goes to that fine institution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I went to that college. But I didn't do the film course, but when I was bored on my course I used to sneak into the Film Course's lectures.

It was a bit rubbish and the film students actually ended up having to go on strike. This is a few years ago now though, back in the days before a students union. It's actually thanks to the events set in motion by that strike that there is a students union in the college today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

mycroft wrote:
    lukiebaggs, a charming, erudite young man, with a fine line in self depreciating wit, and full of friendly banter, and helpful advice, apparently goes to that fine institution.

He he, will you ever let it go? ;)

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭audge

Ballyfermot College of Further Education has a great film production course, they also offer a degree in media production and media management. I just finished in june. and I am working in marketing now, it really is a fantastic college, you learn, you meet lots of potential contacts, the social life is quite hectic and the general atmosphere is light, fun and lively. You will enjoy your time there if you decide to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

It's actually thanks to the events set in motion by that strike that there is a students union in the college today.

Yeah but then ya get assholes as presidents! :rolleyes:

I worked with a good few of the film students doing make-up on their shorts. I was lucky and worked on some really good, organised shoots. At the showcase, I have to say, some of their work was amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

audge wrote:
    Ballyfermot College of Further Education has a great film production course, they also offer a degree in media production and media management. I just finished in june. and I am working in marketing now, it really is a fantastic college, you learn, you meet lots of potential contacts, the social life is quite hectic and the general atmosphere is light, fun and lively. You will enjoy your time there if you decide to go.

I agree ballyfermot is great, thats why i go there

Larianne wrote:
    Yeah but then ya get assholes as presidents! :rolleyes:

I worked with a good few of the film students doing make-up on their shorts. I was lucky and worked on some really good, organised shoots. At the showcase, I have to say, some of their work was amazing!

So you're not in Media then?

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭audge

I agree ballyfermot is great, thats why i go there

Really, what course are you in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Lump wrote:
    So you're not in Media then?

John

Did Make-up in Dun Laoghaire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

mycroft wrote:

You, I could read your posts all day. I demand you post more.. You have grammar directly handed down from god himself!

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote:
    Did Make-up in Dun Laoghaire.

Oh right.

John

Advertisement