Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Reply busted...?

Options
  • 19-10-2005 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

Or is it just me/my browser?

With the speed of boards since the rebuild, quick reply is a vital forum tool.
    Whilst on the subject do the admins know why the server response time is so high?

[edit] Hmmm....curious, Posting this was pretty instantaneous, as was opening it to edit the post....but try to open a forum, sub-forum or reasonably large thread and it's laggier than a sloth on a bank holiday
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Works fine for me, and is quicker and niftier than usual with no page being reloaded, just my reply being popped smartly into the page :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Works grand for me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Hmm...odd. FF latest version, could the pop up blocker be stopping it?
    Works fine on another vB forum I go to...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Firefox latest version with popup blocker here too and no problems. Clear your cache or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Ctrl+F5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Your cache is out of date.

Do what Raph says.

Yeah did all that already before posting....did it again just to make sure and turned of adblock temporarily....still no dice.
    Used to be I could just click in the quick reply box and the cursor would appear, or sometimes I'd have to click the quick reply button and then the cursor would appear and the default text in the form field would be purged; now the text is there no matter what and no cursor will appear.
    Very strange...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i must say i like the new quick reply its really fast, now where can i get it for phpbb?

Ah finally got it to work....turned off adblock entirely and restarted FF.
    Still strange as to why this doesn't affect other vB forums I post at...

[edit] I went into the adblock URL list....for some odd reason there was a boards.ie script blocked in there....it goes to explain my intermittent problems with the drop down lists and Style Chooser too. BTW sweet new edit feature.
    Thx for the replys guys...as usual, user error

Advertisement